Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

First day of patch my ps4 was surprisingly quiet for DBD, it's now back to be loud again in menus/lobbies - although not as loud as it was with the last chapter lobby it's still louder than any other game. It's like how it was discussed in this post during last patch first day or two things may seem better but then progressively get worse without any patches/hotfixes to cause the issues. I don't get it but it does make me hesitant to get excited day 1 of patch if anything feels better since it seems like it reverts to not good after few days.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Anyone who has performance issues on any platform is free to post it on here.

Elden Ring is very very well optimized.

Can you post any clips?

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited April 2022

Kinda lazy tbh :(. Sorry.

It is similar to other short freezes. When someone cures their infection and I get the notification, freezes happen.

• Pulsar

It's alright.

I just like having videos. My Xbox One quit on me after a long time so I'd have to steal the One X from my brother for a game or two if I want my own clips.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

That's been a thing ever since the Resident Evil Chapter dropped. Old-gen consoles sucked hard ever since

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

CPU heavy games never age well

This is why most GPU heavy games run like gold on both console and pc

With console fps limitation tho

• bm33

Nemmy has been one that always causes me performance issues as survivor.

Killer instinct causing performance issues actually makes sense - I thought it was the Legion hitting players while in Frenzy or Ghostface just being revealed but makes sense it's the killer instinct being part of it.

After most recent hotfix I started getting freezes anytime Sadako travels through a TV.

Still getting the freezes I've been getting for awhile as survivor - hooks/unhooks, gens finishing, totems cleansed/blessed, entering Freddy's dream world, Huntress winding up/throwing Hatchet, freeze loading in v Artist, Ghostface going in/out of stalk, sloppy butcher, anything that causes status effects...

Whenever someone gets hooked/unhooked when I hit 90% on gen with merciless storm it's pretty much guaranteed I'm missing a skill check thanks to performance issues causing a freeze.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

can confirm...my frames went down a lot since Resident Evil drooped . and still there no news about optimization.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225

Freezing has been happening a lot lately. On killer side it now happens right before a head on and when a surviver uses a styptic. I'm guessing it's a status problem again.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Bro do we still have this post around.Devs could u make this a prime objective?

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I gave up hope a long time ago, we’ve tried everything we could.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225

@MandyTalk do you know if the game's new file structure for faster downloads might help out with all the game freezes?

• bm33

I had asked this when they first announced the faster downloads and she said it wouldn't. I think it may have been on this post a few pages back.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

Seems like BHVR listened. I didnt play DBD for nearly a year and came back two weeks ago. The difference is noticeable. Much more smooth now.

Room for improvement though.

• Pulsar

If my Xbox One hadn't finally died, I would test it for myself.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much ######### out of luck in that department.

I'm glad the experience seems to be better for you. Can you post some clips and can anyone else confirm?

• bm33

Last time I played was last week and nothing has changed since my last comment I made on this post April 1, all those freezes are still happening.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

my 99% FPS (which is a measure that includes FPS dips which can make the game feel laggy) is always consistenly quite low,often dipping to 40 FPS and below on my 3080 + Ryzen 5900x rig. It's inexcusable

• Shaped

Wanted to try ph but as I'm leveling ghostface for I'm all ears, I noticed game freezes whenever it procs.

Rip :(.

• bm33

I forgot, does I'm All Ears give a noise notification along with the aura reading? I feel like anything that causes a noise notification/bubble on killer side causes a freeze. Kind of like how on survivor the notification bubbles cause a freeze.

• Shaped

I don't think so. It was fine in the last match btw. Maybe something else triggered it and I thought it was iae.

Fingers crossed. I really wanted to try and practice ph. Never played him before.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 700

So cool to see this thread still going, I have given up hope to be honest and have been enjoying Elden Ring and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands on my base PS4 with no issues despite them looking way better, being much much bigger in scale, and having way more systems/mechanics in place during regular gameplay.

This was the last time I took a clip of an issue (23/03/22) as just seems like pointless shouting into the void and screaming into a pillow is more effective than trying to get these issues fixed.

Every time I do try a match out it’s either no different or worse and I give up.

Was really hyped about Sadako as well but glad I tested it before I spent any money this time, at least I don’t feel like a mug like when I bought Pinhead despite knowing the issues Nemesis DLC brought to the game when I spent money on those.

Sitting on 50k shards as well lol but what’s the point in spending them on something that doesn’t work or value me as a player :(

• Shaped

Rough but happens to me sometimes as well. :(

Still love this game so I play it tho.

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698

Been playing dbd mobile NetEase. It's optimized and the graphics are good, if you wanna play it I'll show you how add Shift#3955

• Pulsar

Yeah, that's basically how it was 6 months ago.

Disappointed to see there haven't been any changes.

• Pulsar

Newest patch on Series X has given me some choppiness and small frame drops.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Same on my end and I have a bloody 3060 on my pc along with other delightful specs. Just a couple games ago, it screwed me from getting a swing in that extended the chase by 20 seconds.

ALONG WITH A DEAD HARD!
  • Shaped

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on ps4 but unhook freezes are still garbage when you lose chase because of them.

Completely unfair honestly.

• Pulsar

I noticed it on RPD and on Haddonfield near the police cars.

Frames dipped noticeably around those cars. Not more than 10 though

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I'm on PC, good specs, yet the FPS drops at random moments don't stop... ever since Sadako they got way worse

• Shaped

Yeah had a freeze near the cars last game and got down because of it.

It was a complete freeze tho like 0 frames for a second or two. Like usual.

• Pulsar

Not quite what I'm experiencing thankfully.

Unfortunately it is rather concerning that it happens on Series X at all.

It's been on my stream a couple times tonight.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

Newest patch gives freezes whenever a killer uses their power for the first time, but bigger freezes when the killer is more recently (Artist/Nemesis/Pyramid gave more freezes than Wraith/Trapper/Nurse)

• Pulsar

I see we're kicking off RE Death Patch 2.0 a couple months before Anniversary.

It's like a hype campaign.

Supposedly, the game doesn't load in things procedurally like we thought last year. I wonder why newer Killers freeze more than older one's. Sheer complexity perhaps?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

I'm guessing because the powers just have more things. Wraith has far less to his kit than Nemesis or Pyramid

• Pulsar

That's what I was thinking too.

I wonder how Sadako and Blight fair. One simple but new, the other a little older but complex.

• Shaped

I don't notice any problems with ph personally on ps4. Playing him or going against him.

• Shaped

Is it me or hooking/unhooking causes worse freezes than before?

Also other things like curing infection against nemesis etc.

I hope we don't get to the point where I don't feel like playing at all again because it hinders me too much.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

something does need to be done soon not soon another year.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

PS4 Pro - Frame Drops from unhooks/gen completion have returned. Toolboxes can't be used on gens on certain maps. So far, Haddonfield and Dead Dawg Saloon.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Bout to introduce my friend to the world of dead by daylight so far, from just playing solo queue he already hates the game, but he said he'll give it another shot playing SWF

I'll be back later to give an update on how smooth his game is running as well as my own, and how smooth the game is running for the other people in our party

Wish me luck

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

I was once able to play this in ultra and would have to bump down to high or medium while I streamed as of the last 2 updates it’s barely playable in medium

• Furgoe
    Furgoe Member Posts: 18

Unfortunately I just bought 2 of my friends keys and tried to get them into it. I was almost a little embarrassed for what I had them walk into. I'm hoping this is just a fluke on their part or bad timing on mine. The forums is making me think it's more or less business as usual.

• Shaped

Well I'm all ears is indeed causing freezes for me in the end so I can't get value out of it. Feelsbadman.

• bm33

Figured I'd give the patch a few days before giving feedback. I've had no improvements in performance. Same issues as before causing freezes when playing survivor - hooks/unhooks (scourge hooks cause bigger freeze than normal hook), notification bubbles, killers using their powers, status effects, etc. Pinhead using his chains is pretty terrible freeze, luckily I have only faced one. Everytime Ghostface marks me or Legion uses Frenzy I'm getting freezes so disappointed with reworks those issues weren't fixed.

I posted a bug report because I'm guessing it's a bug instead of performance issues but there's a delay with Blastmine. It now makes a like dull exploding sound when you're across the map. Between that sound and the notification bubble there's a few second delay, and then an few second delay before the yellow aura goes away. If you're nearby you hear the killer grunt before the exploding notification bubble and then there's the kicking animation. When up close you used to get blinded as well but now it's a notification bubble. Hoping this is a bug and not that they changed Blastmine to now cause weird delay.

• Linne793
    Linne793 Member Posts: 22

In the new Haddonfield, my PS4 Pro fan turns into a plane in certains parts of the map, specially in the center with the cars and the lights and, above all, repairing the generator of the house of pain. Am I the only one?