The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Otz's latest videos proves that Killer will never win playing fair.

2»

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oh they had another streak just a couple of weeks ago. Just to prove that nothing changed in 3 years.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

You cannot take a sample of four games and take that as proof for any assumption about a game as complex as DBD. Meanwhile, the Bubba game went comparably well. Is that to say that Bubba is always OP and will always guarantee a 4k?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited April 2021

Cool you linked his twitch where he last played dbd last month and the first game he plays he dies on hook against clown because everyone else is down are you going to link the actual video or?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

His first match was against a Nurse. So i´m not sure WHAT you watched.

But for the sake of my sanity: you are right, killers OP, survivors need buffs, thats why survivors still have 10 minute queues after the DS nerf.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited April 2021

You didn't link to a video, you linked to his twitch page, I'm pretty sure twitch vod embeds don't work so if you did link anything it wasn't done properly.

When have I ever said killers are op and when have I ever said survivors need buffs, you're a funny guy Tsulan.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Of course you must play to win, if you want to win. But tunneling/camping etc IS fair. Both sides play to win it can't be more fair than that.

• MeepLessThan3
    MeepLessThan3 Member Posts: 85

At high rank I face so few nurses, and when I do, they're an average player. Only 1/10 is considered sweaty and that's mainly because of Infectious Fright.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 715

It shows that it's a win by Camping a hooked survivor inside a 3 Gen.

Thus the point of the post that Playing fair which Billy, Huntress and Deathslinger did in the videos made them lose the game but with Bubba who played scummy won.

• D3spair

Yes, the whole point of the post is as Killer, it is needed to do some form of tunneling/camping/slugging to win against good survivors.

My additional opinion is that Survivors needs accept such tactics and deal with it without being salty no matter how unfun it can be.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

Big difference:

Whenever Survivors get a long Streak it is because they bring really strong stuff AND are in an SWF where their teammates are dying for them. This does not happen in normal gameplay, even with a full SWF. As long as they are not going on a Streak, they are not throwing themselves at the Killer to get one person escape.

Killer Streaks can be done in normal matches.

I dont think that either is a problem, because both are edge cases. Killer Streaks are more telling that Killer is not as bad as some people (including you) are claiming it to be, but thats about it.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,954

you can win playing nice, but then again its up to you if you want to be nice or not

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

This post is so unnecessary. The game is 4v1. End of discussion. You don't win by giving survivors a chance and play 'fair'.

You're on your own (as killer) and are allowed to use all means that are provided to you. Excluding cheating. Camping is allowed. Using unfair perks/addons? They are literally in the game to be used.

It sucks but unless they don't change the core gameplay or add new mechanics, this game will remain one big frustration for everyone in the community. Peroidtttt..........!

• The game isn’t balanced around all survivors doing the objective. The game is balanced around those teams you get in solo queue where claudette and bill just wander around doing nothing. When all 4 survivors want to do the objective you can feel how the game just breaks and only slugging Nurse stands a chance.

This is why people hate swf. Its not just top level swf that can do this, average to good swf are the same. That extra information on when the killer is in a chase and their location goes a long way and all 4 survivors are playing with a team mentality rather than focusing on their own escape. This can happen solo but its rare to ever get a team of 4 that play like this in solo queue.

Think about how killers take sloppy butcher to gain what exactly? 4 seconds per heal? How much spare time is that giving them over the game? Think about killers taking thana to slow gens down, how much time on average does that give them?

Now consider in solo queue the Bill thats slow walking around the map while you’re in chase, or consider the claudette thats hiding in the basement or runs to the very corner of the map to self-care. Some survivors hand killers more free time than all the killer slowdown perks stacked together could ever give them. However you’ll never see this with these kinds of teams. The game is balanced somewhere in the middle, it’s certainly not balanced around a team unified in wanting to finish the objective efficiently.

• D3spair

If this is so unnecessary tell that to survivor here in the forums and in my steam profile comment that. This is just my post to let survivor know they should stop complaining about said tactics.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

What doesnt add up? I took a month off, came back, got back to red rank and did a challenge without using any gen regression perks. I have over 3500 hours in the game. Getting 10 straight 4k without them doesnt mean I have plenty of "potatos", It's called knowing when to leave chases, knowing how to pressure multiple survivors at once, knowing how to force 3 gens, knowing how to loop tiles in order to force survivors into directions you want them to go.

People act like it's impossible to win as a killer and that's simply just not true.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

idk if I'd say best but they're definitely really good and would stomp most killers.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

at the highest level with the top 5% of players on both sides with a swf in comms and everyone knows what they are doing yes you are probably right, but and that's a huge but, in the large majority of matches that's not happening and on average killers kill more then survivors survive.

Is it because the game is killer sided? absolutely not, its more because solo queue in this game is abysmal with almost zero ways to properly communicate with your teammates outside of 2 vague emotes and a handful of perks that just lets you know what your other teammates are doing through aura reading of some kind.

In a perfect world where every match was fair and all the maps and perks were balanced and swf and solo queue were brought as close to each other as possible, then for every kill that happens another survivor escapes. Thats never gonna happen though since a perfectly balanced competitive multiplayer game has never been made and I sure as hell doubt bhvr is gonna be the first company to do it.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Then if it was balanced to where it wasn't necessary, then a good killer would be unstoppable if they did use such tactics? 🤔

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 941

Survivors will never play fair so why should killers play fair

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173

Oh jeepers creepers, give me a second I need to search my pockets to find you your medal. ಠ_ಠ I'm a killer main and there is nothing more off-putting than hearing this kind of bragging. It adds nothing to the conversation to say "I'm good look at my success" It totally undercuts other folks who are having difficulty and helps no one. In the end what actual response were you looking for? "Oh right! I never thought about it like that. It's so easy, I won't be terrible at killer anymore, you've opened my eyes"

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

If you consider anecdotal evidence as proof.

Either way, both killers used snowballing builds with no safety net and got 1 bad result each.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

That slinger made Many of mistakes that game.

He messed up quite abit on aiming So to say..

plus that slinger Ain't using a actual decent build..

My slinger usually has alot more easier time versing these survivors up till they start to pre-throw..

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

So you went from red rank to purple, not really a change.

You say you have to know when to drop chase... When that happen it's because the survivor you're chasing just chained multiples tiles together. That mean you know this part of the map is just too strong for a survivor who know how to run it and he would make you lose lots of time for at best a single hit, which doesn't apply much pressure on the survivor, or got rid of few strong pallet.

Take Cowshed as example. The building itself doesn't have pallet but it's surrounded by 2 strong pallet with some well placed window. On either side of it, right after those strong pallet there's usually a jungle gym plus you have cow tree & a hill not too far. This quadrant of the map is easy mode for survivor. If possible all survivor will run to that area because they can easily make you lose upward of 30s for a single M1 hit. If you know the survivor has too much distance and is going there, there's nothing you can do. Either you lose a gen & try to down him or you leave him and try to pressure elsewhere. Thing is on the opposite corner you have shack with 2 strong loop followed by jungle gym or T&L. Well you're ######### again with most killer. Don't get me wrong, there is place for mindgame, doesn't take away the fact this map favor survivor who know how to run the killer.

Your result as killer depend on map and how many strong looper there is on the survivor side. You got The Game vs 2 or even 3 good looper? You will NEVER get a 12 hooks unless you have Nurse of they make huge mistake.

• ShamelessPigMain

The Bubba didn't win by camping; the survivor just played into his hands by going to the same exact area with no windows, no pallets. Huntress got a pretty tall map and the Billy played with quite a few mistakes. It's 4 games total, you can't extrapolate anything solid from that.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Well ideally if we actually got to that point I'd assume we'd implement some feature at base to prevent them as well.

• BananaBlooD95

This map doesn't have much window to begin with and the 3gen with a hooked survivor in the middle pretty much win him the game. Bubba camping a survivor in a 3gen at 5 or 4 gen pretty much guaranty a win unless he make ton of mistake afterward.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

Oh definitely. Playing nice will get you nothing but 0k and an endgame message of 'gg ez baby killer' but luckily for me, I play on console so I get to skip out on those endgame salt messages in chat but I have friends who play on pc. You wanna win, gotta tunnel the weak link and go savage mode in the other 3. Especially when the sweat squads are out which is a shame cuz I like playing killer to chill but it can never be quite chill in dbd can it?

• ShamelessPigMain

So then the judgement is on the maps, not the killers. A good experiment that you can gain reliable information from would have normalized other factors, including the map.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Okay, fair enough, that's my only complaint if we make killers powerful enough to where they don't need to resort to such tactics. 😁

• BananaBlooD95

Killer depend on map & RNG. Some killer do better on some specific tiles while other can't used their power, some do better on bigger map than other, some are stronger vs window and other vs pallet.

• ShamelessPigMain

Right, the playing field was unbalanced and variable to start with. Some got maps they excel on, some got maps that they don't, so they all have a different benchmark.

• BananaBlooD95

Yeah but there's still an average. Billy is supposed to excel on big open map due to his power but let's be honest, if you get hit by his chainsaw you were out of position in the first place unless he has undetectable status from a perk. His power is next to useless on most tiles while Bubba's power can be used on a lot of tiles. A good Bubba can get a chainsaw hit on a T&L while most killer struggle to get a single M1.

• ShamelessPigMain

A good Bubba can be stopped in their tracks by a clever survivor, but even the cleverest of survivors are going to have brain farts, and even the best of Bubbas are going to make slip-ups. That's why you can't get far with just 4 games.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I couldn’t help but chuckle when Otz kept insisting that they should be on 4-man coms instead of 2x2, to “make it more fair.” What are you smoking lol. These survivors were using 50% meme builds and still destroyed the majority of killers. Imagine if they went full meta along with stacked toolboxes/Medkits. The truth is, all else equal the game is survivor sided, and bringing coms into the equation puts the killer at a monstrous disadvantage (for the majority of killers.)