The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ascensions Blights j-flick video

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Be honest did you read my past few comments on this thread. I showed why it being an exploit isn't a bad thing.

Also, I'm ps4, I can't even do the J flick. Yet blight is still pretty fun.

People need to stop using the term exploit in such a bad light unless it negatively effects the game. J flick does not hurt the game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
  • Leachy_Jr

No, spirits more like a 90/10, or 75/25 if she's not very good. Or hell it's just a guaranteed down if she has a gamer headset, is good at spirit, and has busted add ons and is in a good situation in terms of lack of pallets.

TL walls are a 50/50, you either vault the window or don't. Are tl walls spirit level counterplay? Same with J flicks.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

No, I didn't, because arguing for an exploit specifically condemned by the developers that removes counterplay from an already strong killer just kinda makes me not be bothered to read anything you're gonna say. Sorry for your loss or whatever

• Leachy_Jr

Did you even read any comments at all? Jeezus christ.

1 - Doesn't remove counterplay, as the J flick has counterplay itself making it predictable in many situation depending on how many rush tokens blight has left. At worst it comes down to a 50/50, which is no different to a TL wall. Watch the video to see many examples of how to actually counter it.

2 - Exploit doesn't mean it's a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier, tractor tech is an exploit by definition, people just don't see it that way because it's a cool mechanic that both sides can use. Still an exploit by definition, but good for the game.

3 - I'm not losing anything honestly from J flicks being removed, as I said I'm on PS4 and never once J flicked due to console limitations. I'm just advocating for higher skill more fun killers.

Plus if that's how you react to hearing the word exploit then I think you should approach discussions about techs etc differently. Having that close minded mentality about something heavily debated isn't good for discussions honestly.

• GoodBoyKaru

Now I'm wondering if you read my post because I admitted I couldn't be bothered to read your replies, again so sorry for your loss hope you get better soon or something

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited April 2021

He says this might be the most important video he's ever made lol.

Also his "proof" that the Dev said it's doable on console is him saying you need a high-sensitivity device. This immediately excludes Console.

His comparison to Nurse is also laughable. Nurse breaks the game by design with her power, but she also has a ton of downsides. By design. J-Flick Blights have no downsides inputted by design.

Every killer is useable on console, they may not be as precise but PC players aren't exploiting anything to make them useable.

All in all kind of a terrible video with weak arguments where he not only plays himself as the protagonist but also talks down to everyone.

Again, hilarious.

• Leachy_Jr

Yea I know I know, reading is hard you'll get there some day.

There's many guides online on how to learn English, hopefully then you'll be able to respond to my comments :D

• GoodBoyKaru

Weird, didn't realise I'd swapped to German halfway through, sorry to say that I passed English in the top 5% of the country though so try again with that jab.

Reading isn't the issue, moreso the effort to respond to someone who's wrong and refuses to listen to why in the first place in other threads so no need to point it out here.

Have a great day! :D

• Leachy_Jr

I mean I don't think you need dev justification to say if an exploit is good or bad. For example the devs could say that stretched res is something they want to keep, yet most people would say that keeping stretched is a bad thing.

• Leachy_Jr

I mean ngl yea fixing him on console would be great.

Maybe trades? Remove J flicks for him to get 90 degree on console? I'll be down for that. 100% Down for that.

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144

Thanks to everyone who has input their opinions and arguments, I really hoped to start a serious discussion and it has kept on rolling.

As for your argument, let me paint you a picture. You have a tool belt. You got a screwdriver on your left and a hammer on your right. Just because you have a hammer doesn't mean you need to use it everytime, especially not when you got screws on your wooden plank. Sure you can just use the hammer to force it down but it won't work that great and sometimes you break your stuff. That doesn't mean you want to throw your hammer away. You still keep it in the tool belt for the right situation.

• Leachy_Jr

You misunderstood me. Devs can remove and keep whatever they want, just them saying something that is clearly unhealthy for the game is fine is just wrong on their part.

Once again that doesn't mean that they can't remove anything they want/keep anything they want, it's just the thought process behind it.

Kinda like that erm, questionable statement about OoO.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

it's a custom lobby against 1 person to show the technique while he's talking about it, and he's recovering faster so he can record his sample footage a bit faster. good god, you need to relax. you're arguing for the removal of something unintended based around the fact that the player is using something intended and arguing that the intended thing shouldn't be used? i always thought visitors from space would introduce themselves formally instead of just trolling forums on the internet.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

My only real problem with j-flicking is it requires specific hardware to do so. Not everyone has a dpi switch at the ready, and the exploit is just straight up impossible to do on console which is a little unfair for the maybe 2 good blight players not on PC. Plus Blight is already strong enough he shouldn't be able to hit a full 180 around a corner.

I love blight hes my current main and i've abstained from even attempting j-flicking as I feel in most cases you could have achieved the same effect through more skillful play without the need to crutch on an exploit and yes it IS an exploit, blight wasn't meant to have such a large turning radius and you can only do so by hot switching your DPI to levels the vast majority of players would find unplayable.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

There is absolutely no tell as to whether or not a Blight is going to abuse an exploit. As with Spirit, this means that the counterplay to an exploiting Blight is the same as a phasing Spirit - you have to make a guess based on information you have gathered from previous chases with absolutely no in-chase tells whatsoever, a guess that is heavily in the killers favour for various reasons. Firstly, because the killer does this trial after trial and so has the more experience. Secondly, because the survivor has absolutely no control and if the killer guesses right the survivor gets hit, meaning that anything the killer does trumps anything the survivor does. If the survivor guesses right, it's actually the killer guessing wrong. Thirdly, because this pattern can repeat itself for as many times as necessary before the survivor inevitably loses. Fourth, because there is no tell whatsoever meaning that it is a pure guess. Fifth, beacuse the Blight knows what they are going to do and, because they are using the exploit and not playing properly, they pretty much have eyes on the survivor for most of the chase. Sixth, a Blight can adjust the angle of their Lethal Rush and has a wider hitbox, meaning that a good Blight knows they can hit you without hugging the wall like a curving Billy needs to.

All of this means that it is not, in fact, a 50/50 guess. It's not a matter of guessing right or wrong, it's a matter of the killer screwing up, because they have all the information they need not to in the form of being able to watch what you are doing and move faster than the engine allows you to react.

And the best part is that this whole argument is completely moot - the Devs have decided it's an exploit, and so it's getting removed. And as a Blight main who has experience using it and absolutely despised it due to the lack of skill required (you suddenly play everything the same way with little thought and it's very easy to learn even without instruction), all I can say is good riddance.

• KirkPwns
    KirkPwns Member Posts: 16

This isn't even a point you just typed a sentence in italics. 99% sure MOST survivors have never faced a j-flicking blight before and they act like they're the authority on everything. Stretched res has been a thing in dbd for literally years and gives a survivor omnidirectional understanding of where a killer is at all times basically, unless a wall is massive enough to block their FOV (so jungle gyms on like 6 out of the 30 maps or whatever. or closed buildings on 14 out of the 30 maps, that already favor survivor because they usually contain 1-2 god pallets.) This is a trick that only works in shitting on predictable, braindead survivors who E for distance or hold W.

• GoodBoyKaru

You seem to be under the impression that I don't think stretched res should be removed

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Then explain all the bitching and moaning about Ruindying, despite the fact that it was a relatively easily counterable thing, minus RNG, and also explain NOED, one of the most hated perks in the entire game by Survivors.

All they had to do was adapt. Do bones. Or just leave instead of T-bagging the Killer in the exit gate like a dipthong.

But they cried and bitched and moaned instead, and Undying got bonked by the nerf bat.

I'm not saying it was undeserved, Ruindying was the equivalent of the "Smol PP build" for Survivors. But take that context into account.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Old ruin undying wasn't easily counterable though. How can you say "minus RNG" when RNG is what made it a big problem in the first place.

Having to potentially cleanse all 5 totems to get rid of 1 perk isn't good design.

• DarKaron

No, and that's true.

But at the same time, explain NOED. Very similar problem, much easier to handle, and yet people still complain about it every day of the week, and then some!

Most Survivors don't want to adapt. They just want to play M1 simulator.

• Brokenbones

I'll explain why I think NOED is different

NOED activates only at the end of the game, and it's tied to only one totem.

Ruin and Undying had this problem where survivors could cleanse basically 4 totems and ruin would STILL be up. That's a lot of time wasted for survivors doing nothing

At least when you know where NOED is and when you cleanse it, it's gone. It didn't respawn.

• GoodBoyKaru

RuinDying was complained about due to it being bullshit against solos. SWF could deal with it easily, solos were the issue.

• DarKaron

Isn't that true of most situations, though?

Alas, if only BHVR would give Survivors as a collective comms, and then buff Killers to match that power...

Pretty sure about 70% of our problems would fade away on the spot.

• DarKaron

Fair enough, I suppose.

But many Survivors still complain about it instead of adapting, no?

They don't want to get better, they want the game handed to them on a silver platter.

• GoodBoyKaru

oh, they would, and im still praying for that to happen

• Brokenbones

Oh for sure.

I don't like NOED but I don't really complain about it. I think it's a crutch but it's just one perk of many. The main reason why i take such a big issue with the whole J-flick exploit thing to begin with is people's mentalities of calling it a 'tech' instead of refusing to call it what it is

Not to mention the people who act like they can speak for survivor players, saying "oh it has counterplay, it's fine - don't do anything about it"

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

blight already is strong, he doesn’t need an extra exploit. It’s gonna get fixed, time to move on :)

• DarKaron

Yeah, that's fair enough.

I don't think J-Flick is fair, but I haven't really seen it in action to tell for sure.

• DarKaron

Every day, I pray. Please, BHVR, make good development choices...

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Well for starters, like I said, Blight is a top 5 killer without his J flick, and to me a top 3 killer without it. He has one of the strongest powers that's both usable as mobility or in chase.

Like most A tier killers, he has atleast one strong counter. For him it's making tight turns, specifically turns at an angle of 180 degrees. If it be around a car or as we see early in the video, those blocks. If the Blight isnt using this exploit, the survivor can loop it. They dont have a ton of loops they can use against a good Blight, but this is one of them. When you can J flick however, you're reducing the amount of loops even more. What is a survivor supposed to do when the killer is doing double the turn they're supposed to be able to do? You shouldnt have to make certain movements due to the killer possibly having an exploit. It's like breakdown, that's an exploit that killers shouldnt have to play against and prepare for just incase survivors are using it.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

As said in the video the only counterplay that j-flick removes or contests in actuality is survivors looping in predictable beaten paths

• bjorksnas

Have you seen a j-flick, its a ton of fun, even though bump logic is 10x safer, its more fun to feel you outplayed an opponent through prediction rather than outplayed an opponent because you overpowered them

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198

I’m on console and I could careless about J Flick. If they take out J Flick they need to Remove/Fix Stretch Res.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Something which he shouldnt have if it includes an 90+ degrees turn.

• bjorksnas
    edited April 2021

something which he could just guarantee with bump logic, j-flicks also work as a sort of stop block to keep experienced blights from using nothing but bump logic to get guaranteed hits with even less counterplay than a j-flick because they enjoy taking risks and going for more fun hits, im sure on paper removing j-flicks sounds like a good idea, but in practice bump logic is the stronger of the two and if you get rid of the weaker one, what else do they have to use

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

360s aren't an exploit lol

I play on console and 360s are fine (maybe harder to hit if the survivor is laggy and their movement gets really weird because of that).

• Brokenbones

If a Blight wants nothing more than to win then aren't they going to just do that anyway?

Correct me if I'm misinterperating your point, but it seems like you're saying Blights only use J-Flick just to show off?

• bjorksnas

yea pretty much, its a ton of fun to risk a hit instead of just going for guaranteed ones , however if you remove the fun factor from the killer with devastating normal potential which was stop blocked often in normal games by monkey brain power saying just have fun, nothing is stopping them from just using his power normally

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

If you fail to understand it with that long explanation what's the point on answering you? You literally didn't read my post.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,735

Incredible this subject still comes up. The devs have said it was not intentional and not to get used to it. Throw in the fact that console cannot even do it, and it is only a matter of time it gets the ax.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

BHVR has already said that this is an unintended mechanic that they feel shouldn't be in the game and they plan to take it out. Why is this still being discussed over and over again? Why? WHYYYYYYYYYY?????

This discussion has been closed.