Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Create Your Own Perk

Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Be creative and put thought into your perk, and just have fun making it!

Heres mine: Damaging Goals: Every time you hit 3/2/1 survivor(s) with a basic attack the perk activates, the next survivor that Repairs a Gen, Heals Themselves or Others, Cleansing Totems, Opening Chests, and Opening a Exit Gate will have there aura shown for 4/5/6 seconds.

The perk deactivates after the aura duration is complete.

Post edited by Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc on

Comments

• Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
    Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137

Also, you can create as many as you want! :)

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408
    edited April 2021

Repost

Post edited by meowzilla69 on
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,170

Killer:

Perk - Trigger

A perk which has a cooldown of about 80/70/60 seconds. When the killer breaks a gen, it becomes more volatile. The next time a skill check is failed, the explosion knocks the survivor into the injured state if healthy, and on a bleed-out timer if already injured. This affects all survivors working on the gen.

Survivor:

Perk - Double Glazing

A perk which either x amount of uses depending on the tier. A survivor can activate a ledge (takes a few seconds), which when a killer vaults it they stumble, which adds maybe 3-5 seconds of "stun" time. The vault then returns to normal.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited May 2021

I actually made 3 killer perk ideas, but they didn't get any attention. Maybe people will have stuff to say about it here.

INFURIATING PRESENCE

You feel your anger boiling while around others. When chasing a survivor, each survivor that is in your terror radius gives you 1 token, up to a maximum of 3. Each token increases the generator regression speed by 25/50/75%, up to a maximum of 75/150/225%. When a survivor exits your radius, lose a token.

The survivor that you are currently chasing is not counted as a token.

The regression bonus does not stack with other perks. (Not sure about this one.)

This one would work really well with M&A.

HEX: PIECES OF DEPRIVATION

You're determined to find them all. If there is an available dull totem, the totem lights up once at least 1 survivor is killed or sacrificed. (Not sure about this one either.) Each time a survivor is killed or sacrificed, the remaining survivors in the trial will be given the Exposed status effect for 10 seconds, and you gain a stackable Haste status effect of 2.5/5/7.5% increased speed.

SLOW START

You become obsessed with one survivor. For the first 60/90/120 seconds of the trial, the action speed of all survivors is decreased by 100%. The obsession is unaffected by this. Once the perk's effects are over, the obsession is given a 5% action speed penalty for the rest of the trial.

The last one's name is totally not based off of Regigigas's ability.

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2021

BRUH, I WANT.

Edit: Also, fantastic work with the styling.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    edited April 2021

unceasing march

Your persistence wears down even the strongest will.

Whenever you would gain a stack of Bloodlust, instead slow down all survivors currently in a chase by 3%. Stacks.

You gain bloodlust stacks 20%/25%/30% faster.

"Please... it won't stop... hide me!"

dark designs

You have a dark mind, and the Entity will oblige your plans.

While performing actions that can be interrupted by grabs, survivors are Exposed.

They remain exposed for 0.5/1/1.5 second(s) after the action is stopped or finished.

Post edited by Beelzeboop on
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758
    edited April 2021

Thanks ^^

But legit I just did inspect element and changed each bit to the perk description, the only bit I couldn't change was splitting up Blood Pools and Scratch Marks, and change the picture of a locker to a pallet, cause I can't add new lines of code unfortunately.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited May 2021

Hex damdation

"You love the grins they make as they are about to escape "

==========================

When there is 1 gen left hex damdation is lit

If hex damdation is still lit when the final gen is done the perk takes effect until cleansed

===========================

The gates open automatically but the exit is blocked until the hex is cleansed

This perk every 20s will show all survivors aura for 5s afflict them with random negatitive status effects (except exposed), for 20s

it also decrease the 2m timer to 1m30s but will slow the timer by 3x when a player is downed or hooked

When their aura is shown the killer gains a 10% speed boost for the duration

===========================

(Bloodwarden will still take effect but not if the hex is active)

( if the hex is cleansed the 3x slower progress will still take effect even after cleanse and give the 30s loss back)

Post edited by onemind on
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

This is an idea I had a long time ago:

Contamination - Your weapon is fertile ground for germs, which bloom on bloody metal. Hitting a healthy survivor with your primary weapon infects them. After an infected survivor is rescued from a hook, that hook will become contaminated. Survivors who are hooked on a contaminated hook will receive a stacking penalty to vaulting speed and great skillcheck success zone size.

The idea is to promote a territorial, non tunnely gameplay. I also like the idea of a perk that affects vaulting speed.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Killer perk:

Mutiny - When the first survivor leaves the trial, the remaining survivors have there aura's revealed for 20 seconds.

Survivor perk:

Revelation - When you cleanse a hex totem, the killers aura is revealed to all survivors for 10 seconds.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I'd like to rework one of my favorite perks.

Sole Survivor

Death has taken the people you loved, but it won't take you.

The killer can't see you when outside of a 72 meter radius to you.

Each time a survivor other than you loses a hook state, decreases the radius by 2/4/6 meters up to a total of 16/32/48 meters.

Increases your chances to become the killer's obsession.

If everyone has been doubled hooked, the killer would need to he within 24 meters to see you. Otherwise, the killer won't be able to see you; think about Spirit, you literally cannot see her when she's phasing.

Left Behind

The Entity admires your hope in the most dire of situations.

When you're the last survivor alive during the collapse with both exit gates closed, collapse progression is coverted into exit gate progression at a 30%/40%/50% conversion rate.

Basically, exit gates beging progressing on their own based on how much of the collapse has expired. If 50% of the collapse has expired, both exit gates would have 25% progression. This would be helpful in those situations where the killer has a very easy patrol route, but of course wouldn't be a cake walk. You will still need to reach the exit gates without being seen and time the killer's cycle.

Monstrous Shrine

Hooks around the map have gotten the Entity's interest.

Whenever you pick up a survivor, a random hooks within the carrying range will be revealed to you in a white aura.

Hooking a survivor at this hook:

• Inflicts deep wounds on the hooked survivor whenever they are unhooked any means. The hooked survivor cannot mend by themselves, but see the aura of all survivors.
    • Reveals the savior's aura for 6/8/10 seconds.

Basically make hooks stronger if you can manage to hook them at a specific spot. Wouldn't be powerful since it's time consuming and risky to go for special hooks if they are on the outside perimeter of your carrying range.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    edited April 2021

Survivor Perk: Beacon

"Light reveals danger before it reaches their next victim."

(Forest Warden Survivor)

When your within 16 meters of a completed generator your Aura is revealed to all survivors.

If a survivor other than you gets hit within 16 meters of a completed generator the killer is revealed to you for 6/8/10 seconds.

If you got hit within that radius the killer's aura is revealed to all other survivors for 4/6/8 seconds.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I've made my own personal ideal chapter but I'm not writing all that down on my phone.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Killer

Bloody Gambit

You become obsessed with one survivor.

If you hook the obsession before the second generator is done Bloody Gambit activates. Every generator you kick will loose 10% progression.

If you fail to hook the obsession before the second gen is done Bloody Gambit deactivates for the rest of the trail.

Survivor

Break Free

For every survivor you safely unhook gain a token. For each token reduce the time it takes to escape the killer's grasp by 2 seconds. Loose a token for each unsafe hook rescue.

Once you successfully wiggle out of the killer's grasp once Break Free deactivates for the rest of the trial.

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740
    edited April 2021

I'm not good a names. So something like spiteful.

If the killer is in x feet of you while your hooked for y seconds charge up spiteful. When fully charged you throw blood in the killers eyes blinding and stunning them for 8 seconds and unhook yourself. Works on second hook too

Not sure on the x and y numbers though.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

Survivor Perk: Finishing Touch

Once you are chased by a killer for 40/35/30 seconds, Finishing Touch activates. A pallet stun will last up to 5 seconds. Has a cooldown of 120 seconds.

"Here it is... my finishing touch!"

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    edited April 2021

The slow hammer of Karma:

Any time a survivor makes an emote or repeatedly crouches within 18/24/32 meters of you gain a token, up to 2/3/4 tokens. For each token the entity consumes one random item, perk tier, add on, or offering from the inventory of each survivor at the end of the trial. If a perk is reduced beyond tier 1 that perk is removed from their inventory entirely. Lost perks or perk tiers must be earned from the blood web from scratch.

Pet a burning dog:

Any time your obsession is healed or rescued from the hook gain a token up to 2/3/4 tokens for each rescue or health state healed. You can force a pallet to drop. Each pallet you force to drop consumes a token.

Malicious compliance:

Each time a generator is completed gain 2/3/4 tokens. You can select any vault or window, including dropped pallets, within 32 meters to be closed off by the entity. Closing off a vault or window consumes a token.

• Clünge
    Clünge Member Posts: 155

Perk Name: Straining the Tea Bag

For each successful tea bag whilst the killer is looking in your direction - gain a token. Each token gives the killer 1% haste status. No token limits apply.

Perk deactivates if tea bagging happens near open exit gate and you are downed by NOED. Survivor earns the "Tea bag of Regret" achievement

• Pixel_BoomBot
    Pixel_BoomBot Member Posts: 116

Killer Perk: Heavy Lifting

Pick up downed survivors 20/40/60% faster.

Survivor Perk: Risky Play

While in the terror radius for a total of 30 seconds, you gain a token.

Each token grants a stack-able 10% bonus to all bloodpoint gains, up to a maximum of 30/40/50%.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited April 2021

KILLER PERK

Hex: Never (Tier 3)

A hex that empowers the Killer as the trial progresses towards its end.

For every generator completed, gain a token - each token grants a 10% increase to all action speeds up to a maximum of 50%. Stacks additively with all other boosts.

The effect persists as long as the related hex totem remains standing.

SURVIVOR PERK

Trailblazer (Tier 3)

You’re the first to travel unknown territories.

Upon fast vaulting a window for the first time, the window becomes blocked to all Survivors and Killers by the Entity. The Entity will block this window permanently until another window is blocked, or until the Survivor is hooked or killed.

(Previous tiers give the blocked window a time limit of 30/60 second, Tier 3 makes it endless until hooked or killed, or another window is vaulted)

Trailblazer can only block one window at any given time. If a window has been previously blocked, it will never be blocked again, even by other Survivors who use Trailblazer. The aura of any previously blocked window will be shown to any Survivor standing within 8 metres of the window.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    edited April 2021

Hex: Bad Joke = Two trapped Hex Totems will spawn in the Trial. When one of them destroyed totem will be active. All generators will block by Eternity. Survivors cant repair for 1 minute, even they are on gen. After minute, survivors can repair again. This effect can use 2 times in game (2 totems).

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

Few I came up with for a survivor concept i did on a lunch break out of boredom

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Killer Perk - Antiperspirant

Stops you matching against sweaty SWF.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

I love this.

this could have great synergy with ruin which will reward being aggressive

that being said, the perk will need to be test to see how strong it is and they will need to up the totem count or would give the had perk a token count to restrict the usage of more then 5 totem.

I Do not like the first two but I do like stick to the script.

That perk would have a lot of synergy and would help other survivors a lot of they don't have any aura reading or the aura reading you have give valuable info which I'm fine with.

I would lessen the range of a Mac of 16 metres just to be more fair

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    edited April 2021

Yes me too, i know my own perk but i still wanna see this perk on game. Also like you said, they can add 2 tokens. With this killers cant combo this perk with Undying. Only 2 times and when they both destroyed together, just time will restart (1 minute) not will add more time. So that will make perk balanced. And also survivors can look for other trapped totem and ruin. So they can do other survivor goals. And i think that can help for make gens little slower.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

You are able to hide between or underneath small gaps you wouldn't normally fit.

Your breathing, grunts of pain and blood pools are hidden for the duration.

Activating it by charging.

Maximum duration time.

Still hitable

• zombitehdeath

The hands of wrath

You are full with unyielding rage, being stunned gain a token for a maximum up to 5

For every token gain 5% movement speed while lunging.

Hitting a survivors consume two token.

“even an a normal person can be dangerous if pushed”

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

This is my idea Perk: Gone Wrong

If there is a last survivor remaining, you find the easy way out for them. You see the hatch aura for 3/4/5 seconds and then if you close it you also see the survivor's aura opening exits for 3/4/5 seconds, you can only see them once if they are opening the exit gates.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Here are some perks I created for a fan made chapter I made called "Eternity Calls".

Chronophobia: Time is their greatest enemy, and you use it to your advantage. For each 150/120/90 seconds the trial has lasted, gain a token up to four. Each token decreases the visibility of the red stain. At four tokens, the red stain is no longer visible.  

“You have no time left to borrow.” - ???

Risk-taker: You’re used to taking risks, and you use your confidence to your advantage. Every 60 seconds, this perk will be randomly switched for another Tier 1/2/3 perk. Starts powered.

“Yeah, this is totally gonna work out! Right…?” - Robert Howell

• zombitehdeath

I think Chronophobia should have another affect that goes well with the current affect since this isn't good enough to have a reason to use.

Risk-taker is an interesting one. I like it but it is dependent on what perk it gets but I kinda like it that way (also the name is great as it fit the perk)

• zombitehdeath

The second perk will be really strong.

The duration should be 14 seconds but not higher then 20 and should have a cool down of 60 seconds.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,086

Survivor Perk

When a medium vault should be performed, you do a fast vault instead.

Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

Killer Perk

When this perk is active you vault windows 30% faster.

After vaulting a window this perk deactivates and goes on a 40/35/30 second cooldown.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited April 2021

Survivor

Will to live

You are committed to survival no matter the cost

Tier 1

Survivor can attempt to pick themselves up from the ground with a tremendiously difficult skill check. If successful will have mangled effect for the rest of the match when injured and will suffer deep wounds immediately after recovering from dying state. If failed, you lose half of your blleed out meter. Survivors can make multiple attempts and recover multiple times.

Tier 2 and 3 are slightly less difficult skill checks each

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

I always had an idea in mind to bring something similar to the old ruin back to the game but with more conditions to make it less "passive" and without being a totem to really last the whole game

Every time you hook a survivor the perk is activated. Generators will be cursed for 25/35/45 seconds. The cursed generators:

Good Skill Checks result in 5/6/7% regression on the Generator.

Great Skill Checks grant 0% bonus progression on the Generator

maybe a minute of cooldown since the survivor was hooked?

Probably some changes in the numbers are necessary but that's the idea

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I guess some ideas here.

Stockholm Syndrome:

After waiting in the exit zone for 20 seconds. The Survivor is inflicted with a slow-down status effect that reduces movement Speed by 20%. The baseline status effect does not clear out, for up to 60 seconds.