Why is Boil Over so.. BAD

Options
ukenicky
ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Especially when compared to Agitation and even Iron Grasp, the latter of which is admittedly a meme, Boil Over is just sooo bad like why 😭

I can't even think of any way it could be made to be better it's just weird. Idk does anyone else agree? Also Agitation is mad underrated, I love that perk on Killer.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

Bc it would be a really strong effect even if you could only escape every fifth time.

Agitation is not bad, but you will almost every time reach a hook without agitation.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

Because it does almost nothing at all unless the killer is a derp and constantly misses hooks and walks into walls which they won't unless your rank 20. Even adding a 2% / 4% / 6% wiggle speed increase would do SOMETHING.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
    Options

Neither of Boil Over's effects are useful. The aura range is so short that it only blocks auras of hooks that are so close the killer usually already has them in LOS, aka wouldn't see them with aura anyway, or blocks the aura when the killer gets close to the hook and already knows where it is, so it doesn't change what hook the killer zeroes in on outside of indoor maps, and the extra bonking into walls will only save you in situations where you would have gotten hooked at 95% wiggle without. And unreliably at that. Sometimes it ends up helping the killer.

The perk would become a lot more viable if it sped up the wiggle timer or slightly decreased the killer's carrying movement speed.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    Options

As much as it sucks and basically does nothing in reality, I hate to see that red debuff pop up when I pick someone up.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

The simple answer is that wiggling out by yourself can never be viable without breaking the game as every time you do it you're effectively giving yourself an extra hook state.

Its kinda weird though, that the devs keep making these attempted self saving perks while being carried if they know they can never be allowed to be good.

• FairRelic64722
    FairRelic64722 Member Posts: 31
    Options

If boil over was effective at letting survivors wiggle off, you'd be seeing the exact same people on the forums complaining about it just like the old DS. I think boil over would be better as a debuff perk like decreasing the killer's movement speed by 5% for 15 or so secs after hooking based on how far the wiggle progression bar was. At most, the increased struggle effects are a minor annoyance that will cause bumping into walls more often. And the hook aura blocking aspect only works on dumb killers that can't tell the difference between a hook and a gen.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

its effect would be too powerful. same reason why flip flop sucks. current boil over isnt THAT bad considering there are a lot of times where you get to 90% which means boil over wouldve given you just enough time to wiggle off. the only buff that it needs is to not notify the killer cuz theyll know that a hook is nearby

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

A survivor escaping can cost the killer the entire game, while a survivor being hooked doesn't mean much to the survivors as a team.

SWF squads will literally bait you with survivors that have extra health states and even throw themselves at you to stop you taking a survivor out of the game that is on death hook.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

The aura range is too short. I've picked up survivors with boil over see a hook aura walk one step towards the hook and the aura goes away. Happens way too often with the amount of times I do see the perk.

As for the wiggle effect, I think that is fine. It's a minor annoyance that can add a few seconds to wiggle which sometimes can be the difference between a hook and an escape. Number of times I've 99% the wiggle bar and then get hooked has happened multiple times.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options

Agitation saves you time, these times when you have to hook fast someone or the gen will be done, with agitation you can go to the nearest hook of the gen you want to patrol (which sometimes is impossible because slightly too far) faster.

Every seconds does count, evey perks that saves the killer's time is a good perk.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

you cant make this perk good. Increasing the aura reading range wouldnt do that much, but if you increase the range way too much it can become a bit too strong if you combine it with other perks like break out, saboteur and what ever. So ye

I mean this perk isn't really about wiggling free it's more like making you a hard time.

So I would like to see a 100% increase of the wiggle effects.

Every 4 seconds you receive a skill check (DS sized). Hitting it will make the killer having the stun animation.

He's not stunned obv, but he has this camera movement up and down.

Just an idea. Definetely not the best but at least you would feel sth on both ends. And maybe it actually would increase the time the killer needs to hook you. Which is always good. Everytime a Killer has someone in his grasp I'm hoping that it takes a while.

But yea. We could also get rit of it affecting the grasp and instead doing sth completely different.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options

Tbh that would be a great change, survivor side it would be fun to see the killer taking every little things from the environment, and killer side, this perk would apply a little pressure that would make you hook the surv the fastest possible. I like this

• TicTac
    Options

Yes, i know. My point was that you cant compare agitation with boil over.

• TicTac
    Options

No problem. Its easy to misunderstand a comment in this forum.