BBQ & Chilli

I have three friends that I team up with, and we played 10 games. I did an experiment, and each game, I waited until the end to look at the killers perks. Not even joking, 9 out of the 10 games, the killer used BBQ and Chilli. One of us had the Distortion perk. 7/10 games all 4 of us died. The last survivor of those games would usually be looking for the hatch, but would never make it because thanks to BBQ, the killer always knew exactly where they were.

This perk needs nerfing, or removing from the game. It makes the match feel super one sided. 2 of us are very high levels, but my other 2 friends are still learning. They died Every. Single. Game. I'm fine with aura reading perks, but BBQ is insane. Gives survivors no chance to hide, even almost a cross the map. Out of the 10 games 4 of them, the killer has BBQ as well as A Nurses Calling. So I'm pretty sure you can imagine how that went. Not fun.

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

BBQ discourages killers from camping and tunneling. Be grateful the perk exists, because I am.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Bbq is likely the healthiest perk for the game honestly.

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

Whenever someone is downed, look around to see a closest locker.

Whenever killer picks up the slug, hide in the locker.

Wait in the locker for 4s after hooking scream from survivor, to be safe you can make it 6s.

And thats about it, you countered bbq, its not working. Was it hard?

PS. Instead of hiding in locker you may try to hide behind generator in straight line, but that doesnt always work.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

LOL

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

This argument just never clicked for me.

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

yeah I think this is literally the most healthy perk in the game, it discourages camping AND tunneling. If anything I think BBQ and chilli should be completely reworked, and an exact copy of current BBQ and chili should be added to the general perk pool. Such a healthy and important tool shouldn't be locked behind a paid only killer.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

not to mention a healthy and important bloodsplatter to chili heatwave dorito conversion tool.

mmm... double bloodpoints with no unlock requirements? sign me RIGHT up

(yes, i have unlocked it and i'm well aware i would have "wasted the BP" if they did this. i don't care, there's SO much grind, new players deserve the double BP perks. do the same thing for WGLF for survivors, too!)

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

yeah for sure. Some friends told me getting BBQ and chilli is the first thing I should do as a new killer player, that was some DANG good advice. Honestly I think WGLF needs some buffs too. Maybe it's because i'm a crappy survivor compared to how much I play killer, but I find WGLF a lot harder to get full use out of.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

WGLF works well against slug heavy killers like oni, nurse, twins

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

BBQ has by far the highest pick rate of any other perk in the game and there is a reason for that but its not because its OP. The reason is pretty simple, blood points. That's it that's my argument.

• OldSilentHill
    OldSilentHill Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2021

Distorsion is one of my meta perks and let me tell you all that people in general do not bother to counter BBQ. Stupid if you ask me, they don't choose wisely when to use their tokens.

And I'm Rank 2, I'm not playing with newbies, and still, it puzzles me, half of my team mates died because of BBQ. I know because one of my other meta perks is Kindred.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

To be honest, both all of the people saying it is a healthy perk and the OP are at least partially correct about BBQ.

I'm pretty sure BBQ is one of the big reasons why the Survivor meta is so heavy on chase perks and 2nd chances. When it is present, BBQ nearly single handedly makes it impossible for the Survivors to avoid chases entirely. Why? Because BBQ shows the Killer potential new targets right when they need a new target.

Does it encourage Killers to not camp and not tunnel? Well yes and that is a good thing, but it also hard counters hiding... which is usually going to be a newbie Survivor's most obvious and most effective method of not dying. I can easily see it being a very *very* frustrating perk to go against as a new Survivor.

So, unfortunately to OP I have to strongly encourage you and your friends to learn to loop or counter BBQ. BBQ isn't going anywhere and Killers aren't going to stop running it.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2021

Just always assume a killer is running it if you are far away from hook but the 1st or second closest survivor to hook. Before he hooks, just jump in a locker for a few seconds