New Farm Map Opinions

PlunderingPanda
PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I like the new farm map, dunno the exact map name. It looks great.

I have one complaint, and it is a pretty big one: I don't like all these bright maps that we're adding to the mix. They don't feel very horror-y, and this map is super bright.

So I was wondering what everyone else thought about the map in general, and the brightness specifically?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

It's beautiful, but I hate how bright it is. It's disorienting. I can't see auras (especially the exit gates, good lord), scratch marks, and hex totems. New corn is also brutal. Seriously wish the brightness was kicked down to Glenvale levels.

New Coldwind is my least favorite map. I've had Swamp and Haddonfield games in between all these farm maps and they feel wonderful.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

I love how bright it is. Not only does it remind me of Leatherface (I've said this like 100 times so I'm just gonna phrase it as Leatherface lol) but it's also a nice change of pace compared to other maps that take place during the night (excluding Ormond and Dead Dawg).

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

I think it's probably the best out of the reworks of the original three realms.

Just like Trickster is scary in his own unconventional way, I think the new maps are scary in their own right. The sun is beating down on you, insects are chirping, there are high fences to keep trespassers out (and you in)...

It feels like the place is still occupied by something, and you get a strong feeling you really shouldn't be there.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Like glitchboi mentioned I like when horror tries to take advantage of the idea that daytime = safety and while obviously nobody with actual experience really is scared in this game anymore I respect what they’re doing. I will admit tho the way auras work on those maps could use some tweaking

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

Only played on Rotten Fields so far but I liked it, even playing as ghostface. Coldwind has always been my favorite realm so I'll definitely miss the old versions but I like the updated look just as well. I do wish the entire map had more gruesome elements to it like blood splatter on walls or something. I feel like small details like that would add a lot to the map if they're gonna have it be as bright as it is

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

This. Said this exact thing last night. Bring on Haddonfield at least I can use my fukin perks. Oh healing under hook don't worry survivors I can't see it anyway with my nurses, oh just hooked you, turn around haha BBQ Aura useless, have to strafe left and right to find the fountains for Plague last night. Glad I only got this monster once. Oh and don't even get me started on the siren head sized fukin corn stalks jesus.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

It is very bright and it messes up all the auras and I cant see it well, kinda wish they changed the aura color to fit it or just decreased brightness Laluzi had a great idea of Glenvale levels of brightness maybe a tad bit more if they really want it bright. Overall I think its very pretty I kind of like the new corn better it feels more spread out but again the brightness kills this map if they tone it down I feel it could move up on my map tier list.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I cant see anything on it. Corn is even worse.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 668

Corn is bad it's much harder to track and I don't like the new tractors. The hay bales at the tractors have been moved and it's very hard to run off the ramp and try to mind game now. They also have safe spots that you can't hit anyone from below.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Imo, they should have Day and Night versions which are in rotation. Everyone wins that way. Coldwind was my favourite realm, but I've not played the new one yet. Excited to do so.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,814

I was worried about how bright it was from the screenshots, but I played several matches on Coldwind last night and I honestly love how it turned out. These are the best reworked maps they've done imo.