The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nerf Dead Man's Switch

Change its duration from 35/40/45 to 30/35/40 so you can use it with PGTW at tier III

Comments

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

🤔Now this is a mega mind kind of request

My question is what kind of matches are you having that this is even a problem in the first place? Reminds me of that DJ Khaled meme about suffering from success.

I feel like a better change would to buff DMS by increasing the duration of the perk, and (since Lawrence loves pop so much) allow the killer to kick blocked generators.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Honestly, DMS should not start its countdown until someone leaves a gen. If you have a team that does not stop gens, then the perk never procs.

Plus, it's rather trash anyways; someone stops doing gens after a hook to go save the dude on the hook. So why does it matter if they suddenly can't do that generator for a few seconds?

Unless...does it kick everyone off a gen if one person stops working?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Alternatively, we could un-nerf Pop. :P

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

bro I had to look this perk up and I know almost every perk in the game except the absolute lowest of the low use rate perks and this is one of them, i've never seen this perk used or used it myself.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

I don't think nerfing DMS by 5 seconds just so you can in theory use it with pop is really worthwhile.

Kicking animation takes about 2 seconds itself so you basically have to be standing next to a gen as soon as DMS ends just to pop the gen since if you finish the kicking animation after pop's duration wears off then it doesn't pop the gen.