Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This game should have coms

DwightFairfield
DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Both for Killers and Survivors

I played F13 before it went up in flames, and I can say, the game itself: awful.

I did not enjoy the game on its own, most mechanics were luck based, the map design was boring and the power dynamic between Jason and counselor was dependent on a single item you could find with RNG.

However the reason I loved the game to death was because of the incredibly strange situations that could arise with coms; people pleading for their life, dancing to a radio and singing along, diving out a window and screaming "yeet" at the top of their lungs, etc..

I'd like to think that could happen in DBD, and that everyone would use it to have fun, but I assume it'd be taken advantage of pretty quickly and become another hated mechanic.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Or the Killer being creepy and dangerous over voice. It made for fun times.

The devs should just admit that they screwed up with SWF and add voice comms for everyone, Killer included.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

You just triggered the baby killer support group.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Does this mean anything? Aside from trying to start a fight?

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

I agree with this, but Myers shouldn't be able to use comms.

Also, even if they don't add this, killers should be able to participate in the pre-game chat with the survivors.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yeah. Comms would make this game better and more fair.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

The reason why they did this is probably to prevent teaming with the Killer. Imagine if you wanted to play a normal game, and the Killer was trying to get another teammate to sabotage your game.

Letting Killer see pre-game chat could be interesting, but then that opens the door for toxicity without the Killer being able to respond, like Survivors insulting the Killer before the game.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Yes to all this!

In game coms would fix a lot of pains for survivors and should have been in game forever ago... not sure why Devs don't do this.

In game coms for killer would just be for the lolz and I would love to run around talking with survivors or hearing survivors talking in the distance.

Of course people should be able to toggle it on and off since not everyone is a fan of talking, but it would be a nice option for us solo survivors/killers.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

You're imagining people role playing and having fun messing around with each other, which was fun in F13 when it happened.

However the reality is that it would mostly be people being dicks to the other side and shouting racists and homophobic slurs.

• custardyfingers
    custardyfingers Member Posts: 13

I think survivors having it is fine but with the killer 100% no. Even having the killer talk in pre-chat is a big no no. But the survivor comms thing would be a great addition.

• bromshow415
    bromshow415 Member Posts: 10

I am enjoying the no comms, no one can ######### talk you or get offended and body block you after an exchange of "pleasantries"

Makes it so you have to use certain perks if you solo queue, otherwise get in discord with your friends.

How many horror movies had every person in them - wearing headsets and communicating.

Every game that has microphones is going to give toxic unhappy virgins a platform to be heard. I strongly disagree. Game is just fine without it.

Also this game is fairly sound heavy so no mic comms is great

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

you'd instantly regret it after one game.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

No offense, but that sounds like a horrible idea.

It would literally just be killers and survivors yelling at each other the entire game.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

I don't really have an answer to your first point other than pointing out that it's bannable, as if that means anything.

If the survivors are being toxic, the killer could just leave the lobby and join a new one in under a minute.