The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Make Trickster 115%

Please. Trickster's power is heavily map-reliant, and due to the way it works there is no way to buff the power so that it would be better in the environments where it currently can't do anything (indoors maps), without making it much stronger in situations where it does okay (open spaces and low height loops).

The simple answer? Make Trickster 115%. In his current state Trickster cannot rely on his power in a number of situations and doesn't have enough speed to even catch up with M1 to survivors in certain situations. I kid you not on a certain loop in Haddonfield involving multiple windows you absolutely cannot catch up to survivors, even with Bamboozle. Please BHVR make him 115% he does not deserve 110% when characters like the Cannibal who have a MUCH stronger power that doesn't need reloads or a particular map are 115%.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited May 2021

So turn him into a M1 killer with a useless power?

If trickster gets 115%, why should Huntress get 115%?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Huntress’s power is also map dependent so she should be 115% too right?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

So... make his power better instead of making him a M1 with a weak power?

• RainbowSuperLoki
    RainbowSuperLoki Member Posts: 48

As I said there is no way to make his power better in the situations where it sucks without making it broken in the situations it doesn't (in the open).

I just want him as 115% because that would also make his power better since he wouldn't be slowed down as much when throwing knives, which is actually a huge deal as maps with plenty walls make Trickster basically useless. Unlike Huntress he requires too much time to get a hit with his power in maps with so many walls.

Plus it's just unfair that in his current state, with one of the weaker powers out there (115% M1 isn't even that much worse than his current power, except for a few situations), he gets 110% when killers like Rin get the same speed for a MUCH better power.

Furthermore 110% just feels bad to play.

• RainbowSuperLoki

I would actually stand behind a ranged killer that may not have the Huntress' or Deathslinger dangerousness at range, but at least has regular speed to make up for it. As he currently is he is objectively the worst ranged killer by far, and still gets as much of a speed penalty as the other two. His power is less rewarding than literally all the other killers with 110%. Legion used to be 110% and it similarly wasn't fair.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

nah i played about 10 games with him , got adept (thank god) but his buffs had made him def easier to play, and i dont think he actually needs the extra movement speed

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

No Trickster needs a flat out rework, his power is incredibly weak to the point 115% won't even make him powerful, as you'll just bloodlust every loop and neither side will not have a bit of fun

His power is borderline impossible to balance, so bad that even his concept was practically Legion's old power, subjecting survivors into a timer based chase on when they would eventually go down isn't fun

• RainbowSuperLoki

We agree on that. But 115% would make him at least marginally better because he AT LEAST wouldn't be worse than a regular killer. In his current state he has a power that is not going to be easy to fix, is objectively weaker than most 115% killers' powers and even has worse speed. Pretty much not a lot going for him. He needs the extra speed and base terror radius I believe.

• RainbowSuperLoki

I played a lot more than 10 games with him and I can tell ya that his power is unreliable : while it is strong in a few cases or against survivors who do not actively try to shield their hitbox from it, as soon as you get to a certain level (rank 5 or so) survs start hugging walls all the time and it takes more than 10 seconds to get 3 knives in. For maps that are filled with walls like the Game or Lery's this can quickly become a nightmare. Most looping locations with high walls are also nigh impossible for Ji-Woon to deal with.