Yet Another "No Mither" Buff Concept

Options
bowo
bowo Member Posts: 121
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think we can all agree that No Mither is currently one of the worst survivor perks in the game - provided you are considering perk strength and not meme value. This idea is supposed to help No Mither be somewhat viable in certain situations, while still retaining its gimmick and meme-ability.

First, increase the injured noise reduction from 50% to 100%. There isn't any good reason for the current lower number, in my opinion.

Here's the more interesting part: While the perk is active, attacks that count as protection hits will not down you, instead protecting you as if Mettle of Man was active. Taking a hit will put No Mither on a 15 second cooldown, after which it can be used again.

I find that this better fits the theme of the perk and its character (selfless actions and risky plays), offers more perk synergy, and is more viable from a practical standpoint.

Comments

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

that's an interesting idea

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

the survivor in me loves this

but the killer in me hates it

i'd probably make it 40 seconds just so it's not recurring BT

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

I agree, a fifteen second cooldown isn't much, and the perk can be pretty busted in certain situations

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    edited May 2021
    Options

Good idea and you have a props from me. Too bad your thread got moved to F&S sub-forum, so no one will see it anymore.

• bowo
    Options

Definitely - I'm in no way set on the cooldown, I just threw a number that sounded reasonable enough out there.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    Options

At the very least, I'd just like it to not be active at the start of the game, and only trigger the first time you become injured.

This way at least the killer doesn't know you have it right off the bat, and may accidentally slug you, enabling you to get yourself up again.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited May 2021
    Options

I like this idea a lot! With that said, I think they'd have to either add a cooldown or change the conditions for triggering a protection hit or multiple survivors running No Mither would be borderline invincible, especially with the built-in anti-slug.

Like, instead of every 3 seconds, maybe let it work every 60 seconds, for example, or just have any protection hit deep wound you and not allow you to take a second protection hit while deep wounded.

Edit: Ah, I see your 15 second cooldown - not sure if that was added or if I'm blind. I think that would be too short, but still, I think this concept is totally workable. I'd love to see a tweaked version of this added to the game.

• bowo
    Options

I was thinking about that issue when I was considering the concept, which is why I added the cooldown. It's 15 seconds in the original post, but I am not at all sold on that specific time - I just wanted to get the general concept across. I think that would address this, but maybe not.