The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Red ranks = whiny killer mains

AdánAR
AdánAR Member Posts: 118
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

I'm on red ranks now and i remembered why I don't like to be there: Tunnelers, sweaty killers with ebony mori, people who facecamps you for "looping them" or "stunning them" or "tbagging" (even that isn't a good reason, I play killer too and i never tunnel a tbagger)... I mean, c'mon killer mains if you gonna cry for stupid reasons then don't play the game. It's so boring to play against dudes like these.

Comments

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Global said:
    The same can be said about killers going against survivors in red ranks. looping, Flashlights, Toxic Plays. It goes both ways not just one.

Yep. I'm new to the game and have absolutely no intent of ever going into the Red Ranks. I played the whole competitive "rank" style of play in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. I'm here because I got done with it. That said, if a survivor t-bags me then I will absolutely give them a tour of Facecamp City. Don't like it? Then don't be a goddamn douche and t-bag. Simple as that. Be a douche and if I hook you, I will remove you from the trial.

Matter of fact, I have already done just that in the grey ranks.

I also had a Laurie in a match going out of her way to chase me and flashlight me every chance she got. Oh, you want to try to be a cool kid in the grey ranks and bully the killer because you saw it on some Red Rank stream? Cool. Let's play. I downed her, hooked her, and gave her a tour as well. I even dribbled her to prevent a chance at DS.

I'm in my mid-40s. I play to have fun. If the survivors aren't going out of their way to be a douche, I will not camp, I won't tunnel. Want to rescue them from the hook and get some bloodpoints? Go for it, unless you are dumb enough to hook-rush. I have gens to kick and others to down as well.

I had a match where I was Leatherface and got seriously outplayed. All 5 gens done, and zero hooks. I downed two of them with the chainsaw right at the opened exit doorway. The other two escaped. I could have gotten a 2k from that at the last minute. But they played well. I carried them to the barrier and let them escape. Had no issue doing so.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    I've been harassed just today for playing stealthy. At Rank 1.
  • samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167

KILLERS ARE ALWAYS SALTY lel :3

• AdánAR
    edited October 2018

@Global said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:
    The same can be said about killers going against survivors in red ranks. looping, Flashlights, Toxic Plays. It goes both ways not just one.

Looping it's part of the game lol you can't complain about it i mean ######### dude. Red ranks plays like reaching rank 1 was the greatest trophy in the world (but no, it's only a trophy on steam). Flashlight helps you for saves. Toxic plays? What do you mean?

Than why do complain about mori? its in the game Devs even said that camping is an actual strategy? I think you just had a couple bad games and came to the forums to complain.

git gud

Yep the same devs who said that if you get frustrated or complain a lot for playing killer, better go play civilization iv. It's an actual strategy and i get that some do it for secure the kill (a idiot strategy, because if you're good you don't need to camp) but c'mon i get camped for idiot reasons and they still cry in the end-game chat about the "gen rush" (part of the game too). At least tomorrow will be rank reset, to go back to green-purple ranks

• AdánAR
    edited October 2018

@Visionmaker said:

I got facecamped by a wraith (for stunning him omegalul) and a spirit (unknow reasons, she just stayed there until someone showed up) and tunneled by a nurse who at the end complained about the gen rush (so pathetic). These killer mains are ridiculous sometimes

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@AdánAR said:

@Visionmaker said:

I got facecamped by a wraith (for stunning him omegalul) and a spirit (unknow reasons, she just stayed there until someone showed up) and tunneled by a nurse who at the end complained about the gen rush (so pathetic). These killer mains are ridiculous sometimes

Face camping doesn´t exist anymore.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Looping it's part of the game lol you can't complain about it i mean ######### dude. Red ranks plays like reaching rank 1 was the greatest trophy in the world (but no, it's only a trophy on steam). Flashlight helps you for saves. Toxic plays? What do you mean?

If looping is okay then so is "tunneling and camping". If you can have your strategies then the killer can have theirs.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited October 2018
    Both sides have salty crybabies. Don't just pretend it's only killers dude. I got a ######### ton of hatemail today, not a single one from a killer though.
  • Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

what if
    the game is just has ######### balance?
    what if
    the game tries to balance unfairness with more unfairness?

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Never run into toxic killers myself. Never find myself getting camped or tunneled. Wonder if it's because I'm the only survivor that's not messing with him. A lot of your problems could be solved yourself. Maybe don't teabag the killers. Maybe don't loop a pallet more then a few times before moving onto another spot on the map. Maybe then the killer won't want to face camp you.

If you delay him on a chase for a long time because you looped him to death. Why would anyone in their right mind let you off the hook? If it took 5 minutes to finally get you on the hook and the game lasts 6 minutes. Seems like he should probably make sure you die. Otherwise he ain't ever got a chance of catching you again.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Never run into toxic killers myself. Never find myself getting camped or tunneled. Wonder if it's because I'm the only survivor that's not messing with him. A lot of your problems could be solved yourself. Maybe don't teabag the killers. Maybe don't loop a pallet more then a few times before moving onto another spot on the map. Maybe then the killer won't want to face camp you.

If you delay him on a chase for a long time because you looped him to death. Why would anyone in their right mind let you off the hook? If it took 5 minutes to finally get you on the hook and the game lasts 6 minutes. Seems like he should probably make sure you die. Otherwise he ain't ever got a chance of catching you again.

I'd love to have your luck since rank 1 NA is a cesspool of killers including Billy/Nurse that'll camp on 1st hook with no provocation. I see killers hard camp even Wraiths since the rework are either camping point blank or 5 feet from hook. These are all P3 and Candle Wraiths mind you not some noob wraiths and they obviously know how to play.

They're toxic because they choose to be not because I've done something to them in that game or anyone else. You want to sue looping as an excuse yet it's an accepted gameplay yet killers whine about it when what else are survivors supposed to do?

On certain maps against certain killers stealth isn't going to get you very far, especially with all the tracking perks available. When you get maps with wide open areas well it's pretty much hey there's someone here kill them.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Well I'm rank 1 on both sides. Used to play mostly all killer. But I was struggling a bit to rank up as killer coming back to the game. I ended up playing more survivor then killer this season. Just because it seemed a lot easier since 8 months ago when I last played. The whole having to kill two players to pip seems to have made killer harder then it used to be.

But anyhow. I should say as a solo survivor... I never get camped or tunneled. When I started to play SWF (With 3 friends that all have like 10 hours in DBD total.) We did start to see more campers. But I can't really blame them for camping. We were rushing hooks and tea bagging and being pretty toxic. So never really blamed them. Just told my friends... You know he's going to face camp you if he catches you. Feel like it's easy to tell when you're pissing off a killer. So probably avoid doing those things if you don't want to get camped/tunneled.

If you're going to be toxic the killers going to be toxic lol. Don't know why that's hard to understand.

Regardless. Killers being toxic and whiny in post-game chat? It's pretty uncommon. Obviously survivors are a lot more likely to whine and cry.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Well I'm rank 1 on both sides. Used to play mostly all killer. But I was struggling a bit to rank up as killer coming back to the game. I ended up playing more survivor then killer this season. Just because it seemed a lot easier since 8 months ago when I last played. The whole having to kill two players to pip seems to have made killer harder then it used to be.

But anyhow. I should say as a solo survivor... I never get camped or tunneled. When I started to play SWF (With 3 friends that all have like 10 hours in DBD total.) We did start to see more campers. But I can't really blame them for camping. We were rushing hooks and tea bagging and being pretty toxic. So never really blamed them. Just told my friends... You know he's going to face camp you if he catches you. Feel like it's easy to tell when you're pissing off a killer. So probably avoid doing those things if you don't want to get camped/tunneled.

If you're going to be toxic the killers going to be toxic lol. Don't know why that's hard to understand.

Regardless. Killers being toxic and whiny in post-game chat? It's pretty uncommon. Obviously survivors are a lot more likely to whine and cry.

If you're being toxic I can understand the killer being toxic in return but again killers are being toxic at the start with no provocation.

As far as survivors more like to be post game well yeah there's 4 of them compared to 1 killer so of course there'll be more of them possibly. Now the gen rushing please BNP's got nerfed into oblivion and 4 tool boxes bring Franklins and run NOED or something else. You could play Wraith and laugh at them as you outrun them or Nurse or Billy etc.

• Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100

@AdánAR said:
    I'm on red ranks now and i remembered why I don't like to be there: Tunnelers, sweaty killers with ebony mori, people who facecamps you for "looping them" or "stunning them" or "tbagging" (even that isn't a good reason, I play killer too and i never tunnel a tbagger)... I mean, c'mon killer mains if you gonna cry for stupid reasons then don't play the game. It's so boring to play against dudes like these.

How about if I camp you because I caught you at 5 gens and it simply is effective. Moreover, the other 3 survivors are statistically very likely to come swarm the hook anyway. Why would I not set myself up for an easy 4k?

• Raziel

@GrannyonAcid said:

This person gets it. The killer has to get that first kill ASAP or else he wont have any chance defending the gens. Just make sure you are not the first one chased and you will do more than well.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Just like tunneling camping and slugging is part of the game. Those strategies help you to kill survivors. Toxic play? What do you mean?

• Raziel

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Just like tunneling camping and slugging is part of the game. Those strategies help you to kill survivors. Toxic play? What do you mean?

With the difference that tunneling and camping are much easier to counter than looping.

Survivor gameplay: easy to pull off, hard to counter. It's why DbD is a casuals fest.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited October 2018
    Come on guys, why bother to respond to this kid’s threads? Nothing more than a toxic and bias Survivor Main looking to bait Killers on the forums. Ya’ll should know better by now.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@SovererignKing said:
    Come on guys, why bother to respond to this kid’s threads? Nothing more than a toxic and bias Survivor Main looking to bait Killers on the forums. Ya’ll should know better by now.

We all participate in this baiting culture, why else would we visit the forum, to have a meaningful conversation about actual suggestions that can make it into the game? Please dont make yourself ridiculous.... the devs dont even read this mess :lol:

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I read the title and my mind jumps immediately to this thought: Isn't everyone whiny there?

Seriously, every time, when i make my way towards red ranks, the chat is more and more used to whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, no matter what role they played.
    And, since there's more Survivors in a match than Killers, well, you can guess who whines more in my experience.

• not_RSB
    not_RSB Member Posts: 27
    Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Looping was NEVER an intented game mechanic.
    Camping was, Mori was. Yet only the later got nerfed into the ground.

I think looping should expose the survivor and decrease their movement speed for every loop, bring back insta mori the first down as well , these damn survivors are so entitled and think they are the only ones in the game 
  • not_RSB
    RSB said:

@AdánAR said:
    I'm on red ranks now and i remembered why I don't like to be there: Tunnelers, sweaty killers with ebony mori, people who facecamps you for "tbagging"

Don't be a little toxic kid, and don't Tbag? You are like those guys in America:

• OMG HE TRIED TO SHOOT ME
    • But you were killing his family
    • OMG, HE TRIED TO ACTUALLY SHOOT ME, WHAT A SWEATY MAN

I agree we need to nerf these sweaty bastards into the ground, I say get rid of self care all together along with DS and it’s balanced , you shouldn’t be able to heal while in a chase
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@not_RSB said:
    Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

I think looping should expose the survivor and decrease their movement speed for every loop, bring back insta mori the first down as well , these damn survivors are so entitled and think they are the only ones in the game 

Nice try, vietfox.

• not_RSB
    RSB said:

@not_RSB said:
    Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

vietfox? No but nice try , I’m actually on your side believe it or not and we’ve played together before , you’re actually pretty good  at the game I’m gonna vote all your comments to awesome to show my support , I seriously doubt vietfox would show you any support I just  think there needs to be more killer mains on here and I saw the bars on your name and saw a few other people change their name to show support for barred members unjustly so I was doing the same , sorry bud I’ll change my name if you’d like 
  • not_RSB
    edited October 2018
    not_RSB said:
    RSB said:

@not_RSB said:
    Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

vietfox? No but nice try , I’m actually on your side believe it or not and we’ve played together before , you’re actually pretty good  at the game I’m gonna vote all your comments to awesome to show my support , I seriously doubt vietfox would show you any support I just  think there needs to be more killer mains on here and I saw the bars on your name and saw a few other people change their name to show support for barred members unjustly so I was doing the same , sorry bud I’ll change my name if you’d like 
    Actually I just tried to change it and I cant dang I didn’t realize that’s how it worked I’m fairly new sorry @RSB
  • RSB

@not_RSB said:
    not_RSB said:

RSB said:

@not_RSB said:

Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

Actually I just tried to change it and I cant dang I didn’t realize that’s how it worked I’m fairly new sorry @RSB

So what's your real name? And when have we played?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@RSB said:

@not_RSB said:
    not_RSB said:

RSB said:

@not_RSB said:

Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

So... how is this multiple personality thing working out for you?

• RSB

@Tsulan said:

@RSB said:

@not_RSB said:
    not_RSB said:

RSB said:

@not_RSB said:

Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

Quite good.

• not_RSB
    RSB said:

@not_RSB said:
    not_RSB said:

RSB said:

@not_RSB said:

Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

Bear-zerker and it’s been a while but I met you a couple times as a survivor and but I play killer and we’ve killed each other before
  • not_RSB
    RSB said:

@Tsulan said:

@RSB said:

@not_RSB said:
    not_RSB said:

RSB said:

@not_RSB said:

Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

Quite good.

Like I said sorry I just lay low on here and saw you get bars for expressing an opinion I though it was wrong , I’ll make a new name if you’d like
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I've had that before in one game I was using a killer I dont use so asked politely to get a hag teleport hit to finish it and I said I wouldn't fam then the survivor got more salty then a salt mine because they assumed id let them go not my fault there friend didn't pm them I gave the signal of I've got my daily heal up and il go chase others and yet I'm a noob and a bad guy because they assumed a free game or getting called a noob (at rank 5btw) because I knew they had ds so dribbled them so they wouldn't get a get out of jail free card or I was pming people saying hope you have a GG and a guy called me a c because I didn't know they had used streamers heck they accused me of camping when the others was near the shack and basement I saw the marks of course I'm gonna check in case they ran down and hid because I'm nearby
  • Pickens
    Pickens Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2018

High rankers are the saltiest because they think they're so good they can't stand when they lose. Soooo entitled.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

@GrannyonAcid said:

I do none of those things and get camped and tunnelled. I've seen other survivors do none of those things and get camped and tunnelled. Maybe some killers just camp and tunnel whoever they like, some will only do it to those they see as toxic. Maybe you've just been extremely lucky?

There is salt on both sides, I've seen killers and survivors be salty in end-game chat. Unfortunately when a survivor it toxic to a killer and escapes the killers is more likely to become toxic towards the following survivors. And if a killer is toxic towards a survivor for no perceiver reason it can make that survivor become more toxic or use more meta perks making the following killers react in kind.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Naiad said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

I do none of those things and get camped and tunnelled. I've seen other survivors do none of those things and get camped and tunnelled. Maybe some killers just camp and tunnel whoever they like, some will only do it to those they see as toxic. Maybe you've just been extremely lucky?

There is salt on both sides, I've seen killers and survivors be salty in end-game chat. Unfortunately when a survivor it toxic to a killer and escapes the killers is more likely to become toxic towards the following survivors. And if a killer is toxic towards a survivor for no perceiver reason it can make that survivor become more toxic or use more meta perks making the following killers react in kind.

Tbh when I play survivor, which is most of the time since I can focus on yt videos while doing it unlike killer where you have to actually focus I see more kind killers than survivors. (R1 BTW) Killers are most likely to give me the hate almost every time if I'm the last man. I don't loop then since I think its unfair but try to mind game him, sometimes works sometimes doesn't. lost of the time I am the one who want to give them the deserved 4k and they as answer show me their hex, make me do and extra general and guve the hatch, just for not being a dick and play mostly stealthy and mind gaming. in the other side I lost count of hae mails from survivors
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Maybe its just me, but i ignore the flashlight guy and have a decent game.

Dont really have fun facecamping at all, tunneling whatever killer is supposed to kill not let you go and find someone else.  If your survivor team unhooks you and im nearby or you dont leave the area when unhooked, i guess your getting "tunnelled".

As a survivor, i get facecamped, i struggle it out and move on, it really doesnt happen that often.
  • woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Than why do complain about mori? its in the game Devs even said that camping is an actual strategy? I think you just had a couple bad games and came to the forums to complain.

git gud

Yep the same devs who said that if you get frustrated or complain a lot for playing killer, better go play civilization iv. It's an actual strategy and i get that some do it for secure the kill (a idiot strategy, because if you're good you don't need to camp) but c'mon i get camped for idiot reasons and they still cry in the end-game chat about the "gen rush" (part of the game too). At least tomorrow will be rank reset, to go back to green-purple ranks

I don't know if it's an "idiot strategy". I've played many games as killer where I left the hook and almost immediately downed and hooked other survivors, but the other survivors were then able to complete gens and escape. It is bad strategy to just always leave the hook.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

With these comments it's quite clear you hardly play killer at all or at any meaningful rank. You would not think the way you do if played killer at rank 1 regularly. Your judgement is clouded from lack of experience.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2018

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Looping it's part of the game lol you can't complain about it i mean ######### dude.

Camping, tunneling, and mori'ing is part of the game lol you can't complain about it i mean ######### dude.

@AdánAR said:
    I'm on red ranks now and i remembered why I don't like to be there: Tunnelers, sweaty killers with ebony mori, people who facecamps you for "looping them" or "stunning them" or "tbagging"

As for tbagging... you can dish out BM but can't handle being BM'd back?
    Sounds like a typical survivor main.

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

red ranks = whiny survivor mains who only know how to loop and instantly die when they have no loops anymore cause they don't know how to juke xD

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

@not_RSB said:
    RSB said:

@not_RSB said:

Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

@Global said:

Nice try, vietfox.

You do ''sound'' like Vielfox with your bad sarcasm and the other stuff like being offended when someone says something about survivors...

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    THIS! 
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited October 2018
    Kilmeran said:

@Global said:

Yep. I'm new to the game and have absolutely no intent of ever going into the Red Ranks. I played the whole competitive "rank" style of play in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. I'm here because I got done with it. That said, if a survivor t-bags me then I will absolutely give them a tour of Facecamp City. Don't like it? Then don't be a goddamn douche and t-bag. Simple as that. Be a douche and if I hook you, I will remove you from the trial.

Matter of fact, I have already done just that in the grey ranks.

I also had a Laurie in a match going out of her way to chase me and flashlight me every chance she got. Oh, you want to try to be a cool kid in the grey ranks and bully the killer because you saw it on some Red Rank stream? Cool. Let's play. I downed her, hooked her, and gave her a tour as well. I even dribbled her to prevent a chance at DS.

I'm in my mid-40s. I play to have fun. If the survivors aren't going out of their way to be a douche, I will not camp, I won't tunnel. Want to rescue them from the hook and get some bloodpoints? Go for it, unless you are dumb enough to hook-rush. I have gens to kick and others to down as well.

I had a match where I was Leatherface and got seriously outplayed. All 5 gens done, and zero hooks. I downed two of them with the chainsaw right at the opened exit doorway. The other two escaped. I could have gotten a 2k from that at the last minute. But they played well. I carried them to the barrier and let them escape. Had no issue doing so.

Overwatch Comp is Easy Street compared to DBD's Rank 1 Heart Attack inducing bullshit lol
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited October 2018

alright then, following scenario:
    i play freddy. meg gets downed --> meg DCs
    and i am the whiny one??

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

In my EXP Its easier to play survivor until rank 5, then you're in for a shitstorm from both sides.

If you don't rush the hook, you're bad
    If you play cautiously at all, you're bad
    If you get camped and hook suicide, you're bad
    If you loop, you're bad
    If you camp or tunnel, you're bad
    If you mori, bad.

Kids want this game to be competitive SOOO badly, while most of us just want to have fun. Yeah i know, fun is subjective.

They're currently punishing camping on the PTB. I feel like looping should have similar consequences. You sit in one area for too long not getting points, you get crows. This mechanic should apply to looping in combination with Bloodlust. Looping was never intended to be a mechanic and the devs have been clueless on how to fix it.

On one hand, you have players who know how to run. and I mean across the map, while juking you. Not even a 360 in sight either. Then you have the survivors who will loop you in a 10x10 area with no gens in it. While breaking chases is sometimes good, it destroys immersion if you have to break away from one person because they have played so much they know how to take advantage of bugs and glitches and other unintended in game things.

Btw if you get rid of self-care, you break the game for solo players since playing solo nets you a sandbag by 2 and 3man SWFs in 3/4ths of the games you will play(my experience can and will differ). Mad love to the killers who see people get sandbagged and go for the other guy and punish them accordingly. You're the real MVP