A redesign to Ash's perks.

Options
QwQw
QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, as an Ash main, it's kinda disheartening to see that almost all of his perks are regarded to be some of the worst in the game. In this thread, I would like to aim on reworking/reworking his perks. So, here we go. Let me know what you think.

Flip-Flop

You have an uncanny ability to escape the inevitable.

While in theΒ Dying State,Β 50%Β of your Recovery progression is converted into Wiggling progression, up to a maximum ofΒ 40/45/50%, once you are picked up by the Killer.

When preforming a Safe Unhook, gain a token up to three.

While The Killer is carrying you, you may press the Active Ability button to consume a token. Consuming a token will instantly fill the Wiggle meter by 20%.

"Catch ya on the flip-flop." β€” Ash Williams

This buff is designed to make Filp-Flop an actual threat. I don't think it would be oppressive considering tokens are gained by getting a safe unhook, but this perk could certainly still be scary.

Buckle Up

Unlocks potential in your Aura-reading ability.

You can determine the Recovery progress of dying Survivors by the intensity of theirΒ Aura.

Any Survivor within a 32 meter range of a Dying Survivor will have their Aura revealed to you.

When healing another Survivor, the Killer's Aura is revealed to the both of you forΒ 4/5/6Β seconds. The Killer's Aura is revealed to you when they put a Survivor into the Dying State for 1012/14 seconds.

"Ghost beaters never leave a man behind." β€” Ash Williams

The goal of this buff was designed to keep the overall theme of the perk, but simply make it better. I wanted to make it almost the Kindred of slugging; as the perk gives you so much information.

You can now see the aura of any survivor near a downed survivor, allowing you to better coordinate saves. Whenever you heal a fellow survivor, both of you now see the killers aura, which will periodically give you status updates on the killer throughout the match. And lastly you'll get a massive heads up on the killer's game plan after they down someone, allowing for better sabo plays or a warning the killer is coming for you if they slug someone.

Mettle of Man

Evil has a way of always finding you.

After cleansing one Totem, preforming one Safe Unhook or taking a Protection Hit, and obtaining 80 seconds of repair time Mettle of ManΒ activates and you are protected by theΒ EnduranceΒ Status Effect:

• Any damage taken that would put you into theΒ Dying StateΒ from theΒ Injured sate is blocked. Any damage taken that would put you into the Dying Sate from the Healthy Sate will instead place you in the Injured State.
  • When you are healed again, yourΒ AuraΒ will be revealed to the Killer whenever you are farther thanΒ 16/18/20Β metresΒ away.

Mettle of ManΒ deactivates the next time you are put into the Dying State.

IncreasesΒ the odds of being theΒ Obsession.

The Killer can only beΒ obsessedΒ with one Survivor at a time.

"Evil has a bullseye on my back the size of Tiger Stadium." β€” Ash Williams

So, what I wanted to do with this rework was keep the theme of "testing yourself" except now instead of taking three protection hits, you just have to do a lot for your team. Now, the numbers/actions could be tweaked a little, I would have to see how many times people proc the perk, but overall feel like this could be pretty good. It encourages healthy gameplay in my opinion.

Post edited by QwQw on

Comments

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

sure! i never see any of these, so you know what? go for it. i would love to see all of these get implemented. maybe one of them might show up every... 20 games or so πŸ˜‚

• QwQw
    Options

True, I doubt any of these buffs are going to break the meta or anything, but there's at least a chance you'll see them every couple of games.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

I think the numbers could do with some tweaking; performing unhooks and finishing generators isn't terribly difficult for the effects granted, which look extremely powerful. But in general, with a bit of refinement they could be great.

• QwQw
    edited May 2021
    Options

I feel like repairing a generator, getting an unhook, and cleansing a totem isn't really the hardest task, but I also don't think it's exactly easy to do either. And for clarification, you'd have to actually get 80 seconds of repairing in, not just be there to complete a gen. Do you think making it so you also have to be chased by the killer for X amount of time would be a good idea?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I am a little bit scared of touching MoM because of some bad memories...

However, those perks need some buffs. And I like your ideas.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

I just have posted an item concept in the Share Your Work section that pretty much does what you have as an additional effect on Flip Flop.

but yeah, hard agree on all of Ashs perks needing some rework to make them worth running.

• QwQw
    Options

Yeah, MoM is a very scary perk to buff/rework because of how oppressive it could become. I feel like I did a decent job though. And yes, Flip-Flop and Buckle Up really need some buffs.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

i feel like it's completely fine as-is, but as an exhaustion perk so you can't pair it with dead hard.

• QwQw
    Options

Oh you did? What's the item? Sorry if it looked like I copied your idea.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I don't trust MoM enough to buff it. I get that it's 80 seconds of repair time and not just tapping a 99'd gen to finish it, but I personally think that is still too easy to get MoM going.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

the wording might need some tweaking

After cleansingΒ oneΒ Totem, preformingΒ oneΒ Safe Unhook or taking aΒ Protection Hit, and completingΒ oneΒ GeneratorΒ Mettle of ManΒ activates and you are protected by theΒ EnduranceΒ Status Effect:

-Any damage taken that would put you into theΒ Dying State is blocked.

-When you are healed again, yourΒ AuraΒ will be revealed to the Killer whenever you are farther thanΒ 16/18/20Β metresΒ away.

Mettle of ManΒ deactivates the next time you are put into the Dying State.

IncreasesΒ the odds of being theΒ Obsession.

because mettle of man apparently never deactivates, since you never go into the dying state

• Mooks
    Options

Pocket knife

i didn’t want to imply you copied me! I am pretty sure the concept on itself was posted in fan creations countless times before :)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

I don't really like the flip flop change, in fact I just don't like perks similar to it.

It allows survivors to have a good chance of being self-sufficient, and that is unhealthy for the game. Even though it is limited to safe rescues, it could still happen with multiple survivors and be stacked with break out.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Indeed, we all know just how broken this perk can be, but I really like your idea.

• QwQw
    Options
  • Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Personally I do not think a safe unhook should be a requirement for any perks and personally think it should be removed from deliverance and replaced with something else. A strong perk with safe unhooks are either gonna be cheesed with BT or most killers will tunnel off hook to try and deny this perk.

By finish a gen do you mean repair a gen for 80 charges or just be there when the gen pops. I can see SWFs 99ing a gen then having 3 people come over to proc their mom.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

I use Mettle of Man in it's current state with Breakout / Sabotage / Dead Hard. I can say from experience that, Mettle of Man's 3 Protection Hits does not encourage regular game play and, I only get the proc if I manage to stay alive while playing a very risky build so... not so much.

Flip flop is probably fine too, you can do some cool things paired with Unbreakable / Tenacity / Power Struggle. The problem is, you can't really rely on being slugged and left on the ground.

Buckle up in it's current state in pretty much useless, I like your idea of, "Kindred of slugging". It needs a buff.

• QwQw
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a killer hits someone but they get away with BT, doesn't that not count as a safe unhook because the survivor was damaged?

And for clarification, the survivor would have to actually get 80 seconds of repair time, not just pop a gen.

• Mooks
    Options

No, if someone gets hit with Endurance the unhook will still be safe. BT pretty much guarantees a safe unhook except for when a good and dedicated Bubba gets a double hit with one chainsaw swing or if the survivor runs into the killer after getting hit with the Endurance effect

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

I'm a huge fan of the Mettle rework. You practically had to throw the game to get it to activate before, but now you can perform objectives for it to activate.

The fact that it currently doesn't counter insta-downs with how much effort it takes to activate is a major downside too, so your buff in that regard is another good one.

I'm still on the edge with the killer reading your aura though. I think it should function like old Object, where the killer could see your aura when you were outside of the terror radius. However, if you are afflicted with oblivious or the killer is undetectable, your aura could not be read.

• QwQw
    Options

Thank you.

I actually did nerf the aura reading a little, but I still feel like it should stay, especially since MoM is now easier to activate. Again, I'd probably have to see people actually use thew perk to see how strong the aura reading, but for now I think it's fine.

• QwQw
    Options

Oh, wasn't aware of that.

I don't think BT farming would really be that big of a problem though, especially since the devs could probably fix it extremely easily if they wanted too.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

Ah I thought you meant just finishing the gen, that could be open to so much abuse πŸ˜‚

• QwQw
    Options

Yeah, I changed the wording to make it more clear to people.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Only change they should do to flip flop it convert 100% of your recovery meter to a max of 50%

Mettle of man should have protection hits reduced to 2. Right now you basically have to give the killer 3 health states to gain an extra health state, basically net -2 health states. With it reduced to 2 it's only net -1 health state.