We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Will the generator Blitzkrieg ever be addressed?

Options

Gen rush is easily the strongest tactic in the whole game if survivors want to survive. No killer be it a freddy or nurse, ruin totem or not, or even the skill of the player behind those killers can stop a coordinated Gen Rush. Marth88's depip squad proved it is the defacto best way to play as survivor if your goal is to survive. I dont blame the survivors for doing this. It is their primary objective after all and i dont expect them to arbitrarily limit themselves. I however blame the devs for such a terrible oversight in game design. People suggest that one way to stop it is to simply increase gen times. I completely disagree with that approach. Gens are already incredibly boring M1 simulators. I think the whole objective system has to be reworked. I dont have a solution to the issue but i did see some interesting ideas on the forums here so far. Most notably i really liked the idea of either having to scavenge parts from your environment to fix the generators OR another idea i saw was give the exit gate a sort of power meter. Fixing a gen starts a timer on the power meter for the gate. Say you fix one gen. One gen online takes 30 minutes until the exit gate is ready to be opened. If you fix another gen it could only take 20 minutes. another gen and only 10 minutes until the gates open, etc. Obviously a balanced formula would need to be created but this just gives you a general idea. Atleast then the game would have a set length of time regardless of how fast the gens are brought online and the survivors would need to survive until the timer expires.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

They just don't want the game to be a competitive game atm.
    It's a fun meme game and a bullying simulator (either for killers at low ranks, or survivors at high ranks)
    Nothing more, nothing less.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Few things here that i want to point out.

1. What other strategy is there, the only way survivors can escape is to get gens done. The best way to do that is gen rush or play hide and seek to see what type of killer you have and where they're at before starting said gen rush.

For SVF groups of course they're gonna do that and even solo queue will as well and in solo the gen rush is a lot harder since it's usually not coordinated very well and killers have a much higher win rate. If you add parts they have to scavenge that's not a bad idea but again where the complaints seem to be aimed at is SVF and really high ranks.

If you change those you screw everyone else over, especially with all of the highly ranked intentionally depipped killers out there. While adding parts to scavenge will help it does nothing to address the real issues that affect those root causes.

1A. To add to the scavenge idea make it scale with both SVF group size as well as rank difficulty. So if say there's 4 man SVF they have to find 20-40 parts laying around on ground. They don't take up a carry slot ie medkit/toolbox/flashlight. But each person can only carry so many unless they bring a toolbox. If it's a 3 man the 1 odd person out would be able to carry more or something to not penalize them etc.

The higher ranks would be the same and it would have to be balanced around map size as well and the killer wouldn't be able to see where the parts are since that'd be too op. The parts could be in multiple sizes in each pile and in chests that would be specifically colored. These would be scattered over the map but the killer would see them like gens and know when someone starts to to open them.

1. I had to laugh that only vote up is available not down as an option if you don't like the post. I just wanted to point out the hilarity of that one since my dislike of some of your ideas was made in my post so no need to use it.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Trust me, this game will fall apart once they introduce leaderboards and seasonal rewards.
    The unbalance is only bearable atm because survivors are fooling around, if they would actually try to win the game as hard as possible (swf, full item, meta perks), I dont even want to imagine......

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @powerbats why do you call them svf groups and not swf groups? I’ve been thinking about it and I just can’t figure the v part of it
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    @powerbats why do you call them svf groups and not swf groups? I’ve been thinking about it and I just can’t figure the v part of it

Total brain fart on that, mind says one thing super fast fingers say another.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@Master said:
    Trust me, this game will fall apart once they introduce leaderboards and seasonal rewards.
    The unbalance is only bearable atm because survivors are fooling around, if they would actually try to win the game as hard as possible (swf, full item, meta perks), I dont even want to imagine......

That is what i fear. The devs have made is very clear that they want to push Dead By Daylight into the competitive scene but they have given no consideration into just how broken the fundamental objective is and have not expressed any desire to address that. The killers are getting quality of life buffs that will make their gameplay less frustrating but the core of the game is about as broken as broken can get. The disparity between SWF and Solo queue will further widen with the introduction of a true competitive atmosphere leading to Depip squad levels of cancer everywhere and games that last under 5 minutes. The game is simply not ready for the competitive scene. They need to merge SWF and Solo queue together with the same level of information, buff the killers accordingly and rework the objective.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    powerbats said:

@ThePloopz said:

Total brain fart on that, mind says one thing super fast fingers say another.

Oh lol I thought it was some next level super witty term I was not aware of
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Master said:

That is what i fear. The devs have made is very clear that they want to push Dead By Daylight into the competitive scene but they have given no consideration into just how broken the fundamental objective is and have not expressed any desire to address that. The killers are getting quality of life buffs that will make their gameplay less frustrating but the core of the game is about as broken as broken can get. The disparity between SWF and Solo queue will further widen with the introduction of a true competitive atmosphere leading to Depip squad levels of cancer everywhere and games that last under 5 minutes. The game is simply not ready for the competitive scene. They need to merge SWF and Solo queue together with the same level of information, buff the killers accordingly and rework the objective.

Exactly, SWF is another thing they have to address before they can even think of going "competitive"

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    “We’d love to, but we’re too worried about our rank 20 Survivors leaving because it makes it harder to escape.”

-BHVR