Change to Adrenaline Vial on Blight

konchok
konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I actually love the Adrenaline Vial on Blight, I like that it forces you to play with more precision, however, the add-on is just plain terrible.

My suggestion on a change to keep the negatives while offering an interesting positive.

Have it so there is no limit to the number of rushes that the Blight can take and Blight no longer needs to recharge blight tokens.

This would give it some serious flavor. It'd still be hard as hell to use and it would really feel like an adrenaline vial.

Comments

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

With how fast Adrenaline Vial lets you recharge tokens, I don't see too much of a problem with this. It's not like it's gonna reduce your skill since you need to be more precise when using the vial and the only place this add-on was ever useful was indoors

• konchok

I will add one thing to this to prevent potentially buggy behavior. Blighted crow and the rat add-ons would need to have a maximum speed otherwise buggy space blight is almost guaranteed. Set the maximum to the current 7 bounce speed.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

I'd just rework adrenaline vial entirely.

I'd remove the downside of shredded notes (-.33 seconds from recharge isn't even that strong, its 8.3 seconds to recharge 5 tokens instead of 10 seconds)

Then I'd make the adrenaline vial a higher tier shredded notes with -.5 second recharge. That would be 7.5 seconds to recharge all 5. or 5.8 seconds with both. It would be very fast with both but I don't think it's any stronger than alch ring which is instant recharge if you hit a rush.

• konchok

I do feel like having the downside really does add a fun challenge to the add-on and I like the idea of a high skill floor with an increased skill cap add-on. I just fee that the current add-on doesn't achieve that.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

The problem is, Blight add-ons are loved because how drastically they change your playstyle. Making Adrenaline Vial straight up reduces charge time feels kinda cheap and will reap many complaints. I do like the idea of unlimited charges at the cost of severely reduced turn rate since you're basically dodging an always rushing Blight