Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What do you think about DBD?

Dark41
Dark41 Member Posts: 22

Right now, 2021, what do you think about Dead by Daylight?

Answers

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It's like an addiction. I feel like a smoker who every time he has a cigarette it's because he needs to and not because he wants to. And thinks every day about how he wished he never started smoking. 😂😂

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

I think Midwich might be the best map in the game.

I understand it's an indoor map with long hallways, but there's something very important that's constantly overlooked. The RNG is only applied to gen spawns, totems, hooks, and chests, but the pallet and window placement is consistent throughout multiple playthroughs.

The DBD team actually took the time to make a map without dead zones, without long stretches of safe pallets, they made a map that looks the same if you play it as survivor and then as killer.

They made something that's actually kinda fair. You won't get that on Gas Heaven.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,581

I think the game is not in a good state right now, and I believe I mostly play it because of how it used to be.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I must admit I don't think I've ever heard someone say Midwich is best, but I respect your opinion.

I personally really dislike it pretty much no matter who I'm playing. Long hallways basically just make it a W-holding simulator and in my opinion the lack of access between the floors makes it frustrating to get around (unless you're playing Nurse or someone, in which case Midwich is actually not too bad).

I guess the RNG is a benefit, but for me the actual layout of the map is the most important thing, and for whatever reason I just don't particularly like the feel of it.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

I'm enjoying it so far. I've come back after a long hiatus (Hunt: Showdown has taken up much of my time)

Back to Killer main and loving it good work Behavior

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

You have a point but no midwitch is a bad map in terms of to some Killers. Killers like Pyramid, Huntress, Deathslinger, Bubba etc, every short range or loop counterable Killer suffers alot on this map. Good survivors will be able to just dodge the hatches or shots from the range killers and they are forced to run the long hallways with 110% and that takes up to ALOT of time.

But besides that, the map is very good I agree.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I am pretty happy with the game, most things got fixed more or less, the new reworked maps are looking very good. Only thing that still is abit annoying is you can barely do anything if a sweaty swf team will play very efficient, you will even lose as Spirit or Nurse there. Sad that the devs still didnt do anything about that but I assume they just dont know how to approuch this problem yet.

I would give this game a easy 7/10.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

I like it. I think it's a very good game, with me being a fan of the horror genre. Being able to play as killer OR survivor was a major selling point for me. I've certainly improved in the months I've been playing, and can only become more skilled and knowledgeable with each be game. I have no complaints, it only cost me $11.99 in the Xbox store, although I've spent considerably more on DLC 😂

• Kevin_the_wise2000
    Kevin_the_wise2000 Member Posts: 43

It's so survivor based and has a toxic community other than that it's a fun game