Ideas To Make Spirit Fun and Still Strong

Options
thefallenloser
thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Blah blah blah, yeah we all know that many people have problems with Spirit.

Her main issues are:

• There is no effective way for survivors to be able to read what exactly she is doing.
  • Her skill ceiling is fairly low for how strong she is.
  • Some of her add-ons are still insanely too strong.

So, my aim is to fix these problem while still maintaining The Spirit's status as a strong killer.

NOTE: Of course, this rework will likely make The Spirit less powerful overall, however, much of her strength comes from her tendency to completely remove survivors' information. I will try to give ideas that make her much stronger in other categories.

If you're still with me, let's jump in!

_______

The Spirit's power is called Yamaoka's Haunting, not "Yamaoka's Phasing," so let's make other parts of her power more important!

Passive Phasing Buffs

The Spirit's power now has a counter that will indicate when her passive phasing is on cooldown and active, indicated by cooldown showing the current Yamaoka's Haunting icon, and active passive phasing showing a color-flipped version.

While passively phasing, The Spirit's body and red stain become invisible.

Passive Phasing Cooldown: 7 seconds

Passive Phasing Active Time: 1 second

Phase walking will reduce the cooldown by 1 second and increase the active time by .5 seconds for every 50% of Yamaoka's Haunting power bar used. This can potentially make the cooldown and active time 5 seconds and 2 seconds respectively at base.

The goal of removing the passive phasing randomization and set it on a timer that The Spirit is now aware of is to make the mindgaming potential with this part of the power much stronger. The player can now watch their PP (hehe) timer and plan around it. Attentive survivors will also be able to tell when you are passively phasing and try to predict what The Spirit is doing.

Phase Walking Changes

This part of Spirit's power should be toned down just a bit.

The Spirit now has a visible animation when beginning her phase walk, and her glass shards will also glint brightly.

For every 25% of Yamaoka's Haunting used, an additional Husk appears at The Spirit's location. All Husks disappear once The Spirit stops phase walking.

Environmental elements such as crows and grass will be disturbed by The Spirit while she is phase walking.

This will give survivors much more information about what The Spirit is actually doing, while also giving her an additional mechanic that she can use to mindgame, similarly to the passive phasing proposition!

Add-ons Adjustments

All duration add-ons now need to recharge by an additional half of the time it gives, except for the Yakuyoke Amulet

• Shiawase Amulet: +0.25 secs recovery time
  • Kaiun Talisman: +0.5 secs recovery time
  • Katsumori Talisman: +0.75 secs recovery time
  • Yakuyoke Amulet: +3.5 secs recovery time, no longer decreases phase walking movement speed

The Ultra Rare Add-ons also need some changes.

• Mother-Daughter Ring: Also decreases the duration of Yamaoka's Haunting by 3.5 seconds.
  • Father's Glasses: Also decreases the movement speed of Yamaoka's Haunting by 15%.

The phase walking duration add-ons were pretty powerful, especially Yakuyoke Amulet, which gave an entire additional 3.5 seconds! By adding in some extra recharge time, The Spirit's duration shouldn't be overly long with no downside. I opt to remove the movement speed decrease on the amulet and just have an additional 3.5 second recharge time, since that is a pretty long amount of extra time. Instead, the movement speed penalty goes to Father's Glasses, since injured survivors will still struggle quite a bit against a phasing Spirit. I'd also suggest nerfing the Mother-Daughter Ring, which is an insanely fast movement speed increase. I think this should instead be used in shorter bursts, which is why the 3.5 second duration penalty was added. If The Spirit wants to offset this, they'll need to use a very rare add-on, which I believe is a fair trade off for an additional 40% phasing movement speed.

Lemme know your thoughts! :)

NoteS: Decreased Yamaoka's Haunting Recovery Time to 12 seconds (was 15).

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments