Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wraith is ridiculous now!

2»

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I haven't played in months now but it does tickle my funny bone to see a post about wraith being overpowered.

• Amy095
    Amy095 Member Posts: 96

But rank 1 killers are supposed to be good, thats why they are rank 1. They master and main a killer.. its the same with top tier survivors too.

I've gone against survivors that know exactly how to loop, they know all the tricks in the book! Put that together with a SWF then its easy for a killer to feel cheated too.. unless you are a master at Nurse.

But for the average player.. none of this is an issue usually.. cough ignoring their mmr system cough

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

The level of effort makes that unfair. It shouldn't take four survivors on comms all with hundreds of hours to beat a wraith. That doesn't make wraith balanced. No single person should be entitled to win all the time because they picked wraith.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Wraith was alwasy able to move super fast and beat you to most loops. It's just that he had to use a certain addon. People didnt complain about that before, why complain now?

Don't answer that btw. Rhetorical question.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I sort of agree with some of your points, it can be a bit much, especially now that you can run all-seeing, silent bell AND be 150% speed with a fast lunge. It's a little ridiculous but I personally don't mind. I play a lot of Wraith so I'm not really bothered by it. I could see how it feels a little BS to play against but I think basically every killer has something like that. Even Demo got a really nasty add-on/perk combo this patch. After his lunge speed bug got fixed after the speed buff it kinda took away the one weakness he had aside from being in a good area of the map, something which is entirely reliant on map RNG and we all know how terrible it can be.

• Amy095
    Amy095 Member Posts: 96

I find it hard to believe that all rank 1 wraith mains can beat a sweat squad with over 2k hours between them.. thats quite the generalisation, and also extremely rare, so rare its not really worth mentioning.

But let me spin your argument back to you.. if wraith is now top tier, up there with the nurse, then how is it fair that killers have to play top ranking killers to beat a swf with hundreds of hours? How is it balanced for 1 player to go against 4 communicating along with a lot of experience.. maybe now you can understand how the average killer feels when going against a swf with crutch perks... cheated is usually how they feel.

You can debate this from both sides quite easily.

This type of game will never really be balanced, there are too many variables to consider. Best thing to do is do your best, if you die move onto the next game.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I appreciate it. I'm not saying that Wraith should be severely nerfed or anything, I just join threads like this to help explain what the problem is. After getting a bunch of dismissive comments when I first started talking about this a few weeks ago, simple acknowledgement of what I'm trying to point out is enough for me.

• FixYourFreakingGame
    FixYourFreakingGame Member Posts: 4

Totally agree. Wraith and bamboozle Bubba are literal proof that the people who balance this game are constantly high on something. Either that or theyre killer mains

• Biohazard
    Biohazard Member Posts: 101

Wraith was and is always a noobstomper. Nothing has really changed but he now has two addon-slots instead of one. Only low and mid-tear survivors have problems with him because of several reasons like map-awareness, map-knowledge, and looping-skills. That’s why the devs are so afraid buffing/overbuffing him. It even got mentioned in a stream long time ago if I remember correctly.

so complaining about a killer who is on most loops just a m1 killer is just a prove what survivors a made of today. The try to do the same strategy over and over again on different killers and if it dosn‘t work he must be OP.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

For me, new Wraith feels very oppressive as well, esp when also using All Seeing, Silent Bell or additional Windstorm. He's not op, I can usually hold my ground for some time, but my team mates usually go down instantly, so every soloQ game against a wraith is a pain. Sure that's an issue with potato teammates then, but I still think wraith could use a small tone down. I'm thinking, keep his most recent movement buffs, but remove his true invisibility again, or increase it to 30 meters. So you can notice him a few seconds earlier to prepare for the chase.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Says the former regular user of iri head huntress and 3-blink nurse

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933

Old Wraith: A pretty bad Killer for about 4 years, required Add-ons to be decent, people want him buffed so badly.

New Wraith: Has many things going for him, got buffed finally after 4 years, works extremely well without Add-ons...

OH #########, TO MUCH.. TOO MUCH.. PLZ NERF!!!1!

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

May the video game gods have mercy on your team if you get this ######### and sheltered woods. Gg

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
  • GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,508
  • RavenTheWraith
    RavenTheWraith Member Posts: 38

Eh, I like the buff. The previous wraith was too weak, now he's decent. Remember he has no real chase abilities other than his lunge.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Wraith is ok, but All seeing spirit is not

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

no :)

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Everything you said Blight is better at...

Yet you no complain about blight?

Hmm

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

Funny how no one complains about Hags lunge, Ghostfaces's lunge. Freddy has a stupid lunge and you wont change my mind.

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248

No one's going to take your balancing suggestions seriously if you prefer to stick with your made up idea of how game mechanics work over learning how the game mechanics actually work.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

flashbang dicks on wraith super hard, plus it's hella fun to use in general so just bring flashbang.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Every Killer has the same lunge distance. Freddy's looks longer because his smaller frame has to cover the same distance as someone like Trapper, who's huge.

Anyone's subjective experience literally has nothing to do with it. 'It looks longer' does not trump that the math puts it at the same distance.