Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nurse: tips and questions

Hey all, since you were all extremely helpful last time I asked for advice on Hillbilly - I went from getting routine back to back 0ks on him to doing fairly well on average, thanks to your advice! - I've got a similar inclination to ask for suggestions for a struggling Nurse. But unlike Hillbilly, I have actually had some technical problems with learning Nurse (in addition to my own ineptitude at the character). I'm also aware that Nurse will be harder to master on console, since spinning her is so prevalent, but I'm willing to put in that extra time, as I was with getting Billy flicks (as good as I can without mouse sens, anyways.)

Particularly, multiple times a day, on average every 3 games, my 2nd blink is unusable. If I hold it, it will constantly go out and then back in, making the blink startup noise over and over again, before sending me into fatigue in sub .5 seconds, which I'm sure is a bug. At least I'd hope. This is remedied by hitting a survivor normally, but not having a 2nd blink while having enough trouble tracking as-is is rough. Actually getting that hit to restore my normal functionality sometimes never comes - and I've gotten more than a few 0ks because of it, though in fairness I've been getting plenty even with proper functionality...

But aside from the game's issues, I do struggle greatly with Nurse and have a few questions.

-How do you best avoid getting spun? I have trouble getting in lunge range already, and its extra disheartening to actually catch the survivor positionally only to get outplayed at close range. Should I be blinking a little farther back? Or further in front of them? I'm also aware that this is to some extent a 'console lol' moment, but if there's any way I can position myself to make it a little easier on myself?

-What's the intended time that I can hold Nurse's second blink? I watched a rather old Tofu guide on the character and he seems to be able to hold it slightly longer than I am able. Should I chalk that up to latency, unfamiliarity, or has the second blink hold time been changed since then? For what it's worth I'm not using any addons that affect blink charge afaik. Usually using the addon to see blink range and the reduced penalty for whiffed blink lunges, as I'm learning her.

-I've been doing so, but is using blink for traversal at the start of the match intended? I hate to give away my position with the screech, but Nurse trots around so agonizingly slow that I can't imagine it's effective to tiptoe my way to every generator with no power. Speaking of Nurse early game, any suggested perks or playstyles to help with that? My inability to down survivors is a mechanical error that I'm sure I can fix with some practice (fingers crossed), but I'm not having a whole lot of luck finding survivors right out of the gate either, even on open line of sight maps like Autohaven. Stridor has, more than a few times, saved me from getting stealth juked, but the popularity of Iron Will makes me not want to rely on it.

Thanks in advance for the answers, and sorry to mods for including a 'bug' here without posting it in the bug report forum. I'll get around to that. And thank you to the community here for being so helpful. Can't wait to pester y'all about Huntress in 2 months! : ^ )