Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer Rework ideas.

Crystopus
Crystopus Member Posts: 35
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Alright. Let me start off by saying I don't like playing this game competitively, because it hurts my brain constantly doing the same scenarios. As soon as I hit Green rank it's only NOED, Michael Myers, Spirit, and Huntress. So I'm trying to view this game in a way I can have fun.

However, I find there are a few killers / perks that really take away from the fun. Below I have listed some suggestions that might make this aspect of the game enjoyable for all players, and no I do not think NOED should get a complete overhaul.

NOED,

I have gone through so many games where my entire match is ruined by NOED. I'm sure all of us have at least suffered once from this perk. Yes I know that cleansing totems is helpful, and yes I think this perk is good for killers and no, I don't think this perk is trash. However I think a cooldown of for the exposed effect might be good.

For example. The killer hooks a survivor and the last generator is finished. NOED activates and nobody has small game or a rainbow map. A survivor goes to save the hooked survivor (Healthy, of course) and the killer knocks down the rescuer.

From here I think for a maximum of 15 seconds, the exposed status effect disappears, giving the survivors a chance at altruism, without completely getting rid of NOED. After the 15 seconds, all the survivors are exposed again.

MICHAEL MYERS,

Very simple. If a survivor is very clearly staring at Michael Myers (Like in the middle of the survivor's screen.) Then Michael CANNOT gain Evil Within from the specific survivor staring at him.

He can however gain Evil Within from any survivors not staring right at him.

I think a new way to counter Michael Myers other than breaking line of sight might balance him out a little more.

THE HAG.

I think there needs to be more distance between her phantasm traps. I find it annoying, and unskillful when she places 4 traps beneath my feet. It's hard to save a survivor without staring at every mud phantasm constantly.

LEATHERFACE

We all know this. Leatherface gets behind you and it's over at that point. I don't know how this can be fixed without angering killers. My only suggestion could be to overhaul his power. I find he's a Hillbilly Jr. and his power isn't too unique considering the Hillbilly is a killer. Maybe making his chainsaw do something extra and not always downing survivors. Because when a Leatherface camps you on the hook, your game is practically over. I know Leatherface's most iconic feature (Other than the faces) is his chainsaw, take this one with a grain of salt.

THE SPIRIT

Spirit is fun to play as (If you mindgame properly), and makes survivors break a sweat trying to figure out where she is. I think a rework to her terror radius in the spirit world could be needed. I find as a survivor when she spirit walks it's almost a free hit unless I don't move. I feel a more distinguishable distance with the terror radius in her spirit walk could be helpful.

THE TRAPPER

*NOT A NERF*

I love the Trapper, he's very iconic for this game and I actually have a bit of fun against him. But I also find he's not too scary. He's just casual. Don't get me wrong, the traps are scary to step in, and add a worry factor to the game. But I step i his trap and I just go "Oh no!" and it's done.

I think a way to invoke more fear with the Trapper is to make traps instantly snap close with a loud noise and a scream. If the animation was quicker and looked more painful, I'd feel more scared of him coming to get me.

As for some kind of buff, I feel it could be as simple as this scenario:

You get hit by the Trapper and run to a pallet, step into a trap. If you get out of the trap while injured, I think needing to mend might help give Trapper that extra push of fear to make any trial with the trapper feel like a horror movie.

THE PIG.

100 games as the Pig. 100 games against the Pig. Out of those 200 games, a total of 5 Reverse Bear Traps have ever been activated.

I don't know how to make the reverse bear traps feel more dangerous, but I think it might be interesting to reduce the timer for every wrong Jigsaw box attempted, and maybe even start the timer too. For example,

The Pig puts a trap on your head and you escape somehow, the trap has not activated, but when it does it will only have 2 minutes to kill you. You go to a Jigsaw box to remove it but it's the wrong Jigsaw box. NOW, the timer starts.

However if you go to another wrong one, the timer should be reduced by 20 seconds. It will continue until you get the right Jigsaw box.

I think this could make the Pig more appealing to new players, and add a threat to the Reverse Bear trap.

These are just opinions and suggestions. Don't take it to heart because these aren't actual patch notes and I'm just a long time fan of this game (Four years now) who has some ideas to share.

Thank you

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

noed: no need to nerf it, break totems (which will be easier with the new totem perk coming up)

myers: a nerf to an already bad killer

leatherface: drop the pallet when he is right behind you, focus on doing gens if he is camping

pig: traps were designed to delay the game, not to kill survivors

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

Did... did you just suggest... nerfing Myers...?

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603

rank 20

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129

even then, a rank 8, you're barely out of green ranks, and idc what your survivor rank is dude, It's your killer rank that shows how good you are, most survivors are boosted anyways. I don't see why you would nerf myers, he's already hot garbage, why make him worse. In fact why not give him more stalk if someone is looking directly at him. your logic is completely flawed.

• Crystopus

First off, I'd like to REMIND that this was all an opinion.

But I'd like to further explain why this was even recommended.

NOED: (Recommended because not all totems are obvious, and it's not like I can make small game magically appear in my bloodweb at will)

I understand that NOED doesn't need to be nerfed to the ground, but I feel some kind of cooldown between knocking down survivors would make the game FUN. Not good for competitive, but FUN for players. And even competitively, this wouldn't change NOED too much, because between the time it will take you to find a survivor and then get close enough for a hit, the cooldown will be done.

This is almost exactly like the DS nerf, which everyone says is bad, but realistically doesn't make a competitive difference.

MYERS: (Recommended because the only way to counter Myers is by not getting stared at.)

This was a suggestion to make Myers feel more FUN for survivors. Rather than him staring at you constantly and then knocking you down, if you stare back it pauses it for him. Like I said, just a suggestion.

LEATHERFACE: I knew someone would say that. So allow me to remind you that there aren't pallets everywhere, there are not vaults everywhere, and you won't always be beside them while doing a generator. Like I said I don't know how to approach Leatherface as a rework because I understand it isn't cool to get rid of his chainsaw.

PIG: (Recommended because her main power, the Reverse Bear Traps, are extremely underwhelming to go against, and to use)

This, just like most of my suggestions were made because I feel it would add a horror factor when going against her, that comes from her traps.

• Crystopus

I used to play Pig when I first started the game. I don't play killer as much because most of my games are filled with red and purple ranks when I barely get into green ranks. In fact I'm mostly yellow rank.

• Crystopus

First and foremost, before you start rambling on about my "Flawed" ideas. Try reading it again and look for the word FUN. In fact, I believe I mentioned I don't like playing competitively. If Myers is so garbage, then it won't matter to you if he gets nerfed. Not that it would matter anyway because IT'S ONLY AN OPINION.

But to reinstate why this was my opinion. Almost every killer has a way to counter them, that isn't completely flawed. However when it comes to Myers, the only way to avoid getting stalked is essentially...

Not getting stalked...?

I can only avoid Michael's power by not getting looked at. From many perspectives of new players and players who don't play this game competitively, this isn't fun. Everybody I play this game with all groan when it's Michael Myers because we don't find him fun to play as.

And maybe instead of just calling my ideas "Flawed" you could suggest something on top of my own, maybe to counter the nerf so Michael may even be better.

Once, again JUST AN OPINION,

But thank you

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129

Look, I understand what you mean by "fun", but what do you mean by "If Myers is so garbage, then it won't matter to you if he gets nerfed." I can't tell if this is a joke or something because this is ridiculous. I also think Michael is really fun to play against IMO. And if you don't like playing against him that's okay. But it doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed.

I really don't think any of the killers you mentioned need rework ideas. I don't think killers need reworks at all, just little tweaks, mainly buffs for the weak ones, Leatherface is fine now, I don't have a problem with him, only the people who play him, doesn't mean he should be changed

however I do like your pig idea, a lot. With that, I think the chance of getting the trap off should be raised just to compensate for the time loss of a failed attempt.

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with you but you gotta think on both sides of the game and what's better for them

• Crystopus

I don't want to get on the wrong foot either. But like I said, it was just an opinion. And it wasn't that they needed nerfs, they were just ideas.

But I will stand with my last two. I think a faster more gruesome animation for stepping in the Trapper's bear traps would induce more fear for me. And the Pig for sure. I also agree with upping the odds of getting the reverse bear traps off.

Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

Oh, killer reworks you say? I have one to share: an idea for my main, The Nightmare.

Power: Dream Demon

Pull survivors into the Dream World

-Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

-Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

-During the Dream Transition Survivors can see glimpses of The Nightmare and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

-When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

Once in the Dream World:

-Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

-Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

-To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

-Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

-Hooked Survivors wake up.

Special Ability: Dream Projection

-Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

-Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

-For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by stack-able 20%.

You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241

You can also avoid Michael's power by looping him and using vaults/palettes strategically. He's one of the few killers who has a power countered by fundamental looping. (Him and Oni before Oni can get blood orbs)

Myers absolutely does not need a nerf.