Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pig Trap Rework

The Reverse Bear Trap. The Pig's main power.

But how powerful is it really? From the perspective of both a Survivor, and a Killer, I find the only thing this does is slow the game down slightly. But how scary / fun is that?

Very rarely do my traps even activate, and I have never gotten a kill with the trap. Over the span of maybe 100 survivor matches, I have seen the trap kill 2 people. (This is 100 games against the Pig) I find this underwhelming, and taking the trap off just seems like an extra task with no risk / reward.

I think an interesting rework might be a penalty system for failed Jigsaw boxes.

If a Survivor has an inactive Reverse Bear Trap on their head, they will have to remove it to escape the trial. But what if when you go to the wrong Jigsaw Box, it activates the trap, and if it happens again, the trap's timer is reduced. For the sake of this idea, let's assume there are 4 Jigsaw Boxes, and when the timer activates you have 2 minutes (120 seconds) (Yes that is a reduced time) to get it off. If you are being chased, the timer is paused as usual, to prevent camping a survivor until they die from the trap.

After escaping the killer with a Trap on your head, you go to a Jigsaw box to remove it. We'll put the odds of getting it off at 25% because the trap is randomly chosen, (Making the odds of it being wrong 75%). But the Jigsaw Box was wrong anyway. Now the Timer starts.

Getting to the next Jigsaw box should take roughly 15 seconds (Assuming the killer isn't chasing them). When using a Jigsaw box after failing, the odds will be higher. So this time instead of it being 35% of getting it off, it will be 50%. (50% chance of being wrong). The timer will continue going at half the speed. (A Jigsaw box takes 12 seconds to go through, once done, 6 seconds will be off the timer because the timer was slowed down) After going through this Jigsaw Box, it was the wrong one. Now the timer is reduced by 15 seconds, meaning there is approximately 1 minute and 24 seconds (84 seconds) left on the timer.

Once again, it take you 15 seconds to get to the next Jigsaw Box. Because it is the second last trap, the odds will be 75% of getting this trap off. (25% of getting it wrong) It will once again take you 12 seconds to get the trap off, and therefore 6 seconds was removed from the timer. But worst case scenario happens and you don't get the trap off. This time a 20 second penalty was given. Making the timer have 43 seconds left.

One last time, you have to get to the Jigsaw Box so it'll take you 15 seconds again to get to the trap. This time there is a 100% chance of it being right because it is the last one. It will take you 12 seconds again, and therefore 6 seconds is reduced from the timer. The trap is off, and there was 22 seconds to spare.

This is just a buff concept that I think would make the Pig feel more like a threat. Take this idea lightly, because this is NOT an official change, because I don't make the rules.