I give up on Trickster, its completely hopeless

Options
Frontdoor6
Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I've said it once, i'll say it another time. Trickster is way too weak

I've tried everything, i've tried different builds, different addons, i've even tried a slow-down build. Nothing has helped it, Survivors just keep on looping around the shack and stuff and i just end up looking like a joke

I have Asperger's, i don't need to be made fun of by survivors because because of a killer that is overdue for another buff and makes the Nurse look like Road-Runner *meep meep*

i know the Devs say they'll look into it at the mid-chapter patch, so until i hear news of good buffs for Trickster, i'm giving up on it

Comments

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

You can literally waste entire generators just by running around the outside of the shack and resetting it with the window every 2 loops. If he tries to do anything fancy you can see him through the walls thanks to shack being made so damn safe.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

The only way to be viable at high level gameplay is to be a top tier killer main.

• StreetRat115
    StreetRat115 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Glad I've never bought him, I was close to getting him just because of how content lacking the game has been for months, but now that he's been out for months he looks very unfun to me. I'll stick with deathslinger and huntress.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Trickster suffers from tunnel vision hard. Either you invest the time in a single survivor or start from scratch and hope it's a weaker player than the last.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Eh bit of the ol meta with some tunneling and returning to the hook with NOED in the back pocket should fix this problem right up

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133
    Options

yeah he's .... not all there.

The one "meta" perk on him i'd say is monitor and abuse, when playing survivor (i'm a bad survivor) vs trickster i often find he gets the drop on me due to the insanely small terror radius and that he himself is pretty small. Beyond that the iridiscent that makes survivors exposed is.... interesting. Bumps him up ABIT since alot of times with trickster you'll get close to survivors due to them zig zagging then it's sorta a loose loose, you're close enough to M1 but that resets laceration, with the addon it's win win.

Problem is i really don't know what they'd change on him his kit is sorta fundamentally flawed. 110 ranged killer that STILL takes a long time to down survivors caught in the open. I think he'd either need to have laceration "never" decay, or decay very slowly , something like plague, so you can at least get value by just bothering multiple survivors OR and this miiiiiight actually make him to strong, make it so you don't loose laceration after a hit, so you could at least get survivors within 1 knife of damage, M1 then down them after the speed boost.

Also a QoL buff would be to make Main Event startup way WAY faster. Often times i've found myself low on knives thinking "i can take this chase with main event" but you can't just run out of knives press the button and instantly go into ME, it's a big startup animation and i think you have to like let go of the power button before you can turn it on? it's very clunky. Also to make ME bankable, the current use it or loose it design is... horrible.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504
    Options

Survivor main here! I've gone against quite a few red rank Tricksters who got what seemed like pretty easy 4ks. He seems to excel in open maps - the Red Forest or Ormond even - and have to work a bit harder on indoor maps. Starstruck really punishes any altruistic Survivors and ensures pretty easy downs, honestly. I've watched it happen from across the map.

The hardest Tricksters I've gone against abandoned the idea of stealth and used Distressing and Starstruck. With a 26% increase to his terror radius (as well as possibly some add-ons and other radius perks) I've seen him control a map and keep everyone in an instant-down state. As the Survivor I can tell you it's pretty challenging.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I mean. With there being zero cooldown between blades trickster can down faster then DS seeing how trickster can keep throwing during the injured sprint burst while DS has to go through swipe animation and most likely reloading animation.

DS is miles better then trickster cause he doesn't have the crippling weaknessess trickster has.

But it really isn't hard to think of situations where trickster downs people faster then DS does.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

I gave up on him long before you did. I can get better results with addonless Trapper compared to Trickster. I was so hyped for him when he was announced but his power is just awful.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Try different things.

Every killer is viable, even Trickster.

Notice how I didn't say good, but viable.

• CoalTower
    Options

Practice really.

It's the only advice I can give.

You know how he works, and design a playstyle and build around it.

• CoalTower
    Options

Are you really going by difficulty ratings?

My guys those call Spirit hard 🤣

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

That almost never leads to 2 health states and a down. The survivor still gets a sprint burst and can find cover.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,508
    Options

I main Trickster, Legion, and Plague. Trickster is the most map dependent Killer I play. You need space to hit those 8 (or ideally 16) knives. On a map that's not terrible or against Survivors who aren't great you can have a good time, otherwise, not so much. A couple of sample games, one I rarely use knives the other I use them a lot and at range. If you get some tips great, if it convinces you to drop him, also great. Take no notice of the perks on the first one, they're the best I had at the time.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Your points are exactly why until MMR is in place and each killer has their own matchmaking he is entirely unplayable for me unless I want to depip in the most frustrating way possible. Day one I got his adept without throwing a single knife and that's only because I was on dead dawg and the team I went up against decided to try to go for head on plays and flashlight saves instead of finishing the last gen.

NGL, my post earlier was moreso to call out people that just say "practice" or "get good" as the OP is clearly ranting but also seems to be looking for tips and unless you can provide some decent info and insight like you have or a video or some other explanation of what to try it's completely counter productive.

IMO, he needs two things:

1. A reduction of number if blades to down from 16 to 12, make it 6 per health state and adjust his add-ons as necessary. Or just make the USB drive base kit at 7 blades per health state. Nothing drastic just a slight reduction to ease the time since as we all know killer is essentially just an exercise in time management.

2. Either reduce the startup time for Main Event or give it a longer timer before it expires.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

The reason why people will say he's 'good in the right hands' is because any killer is good in the right hands. Someone who's good at killer fundamentally will do fine with every killer in the game, the strength of the power is irrelevant. He is worse than every other ranged killer in the game and there is no reason to play the dude, but you can do well with him if you're a good killer player.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

He suffers from maps as much as Trapper does. Trickster is fine on a map that works for him but on a map that hurts him it hurts him a lot. Honestly the only buff he really needs is to let him use main event when he wants instead of that dumb timer. If they buff his base kit more he will be extremely oppressive on maps that he does well on. He will never be a high tier killer, that is just how it is. And yes, I play him at rank 1 and I win most of my games too.

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133
    Options

Mmmm, Watch Reds Gaming play "endgame trickster" (Monitor, No Way Out, Blood Warden, Noed) and not make it endgame on an essentially perkless killer to see what a good player looks like

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Wouldn't Huntress be a better comparison? I've always thought Trapper has almost no maps that are particularly bad for him, except maybe Lery's, he just kinda sucks no matter what map he gets lmao. Like Hag, who's probably the only killer that doesn't have a bad map imo, but worse.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

The fact that he needs more than one hit to damage is what makes him unplayable at some tiles vs a Huntress, you win the mindgame at the jungle gym and you get 1-2 daggers which does nothing, as huntress you get a damage state. I compared him to trapper because if you get a map like the game his traps are next to useless, same for trickster if he gets a map with high tiles you can't throw over. Honestly when the tile hurts trickster I would argue it makes him the weakest killer in the game because at least trapper is 115 when being a M1 killer where as trickster is not.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

Good im glad you caught on, good job understanding that and not wasting more of your time on a lost cause. I did it too.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I don't see the issue, tbh. He gets the job done just fine.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

He's actually very viable killer just needs to master him there's some loops he's helpless that's true but just give on it and go for others

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

The only good thing about the trickster is the star struck perk it teaches😂 I depiped from an 8 to a 13 getting his adept achievement

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

You can say the same about any other killer and get better results

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Stop mindgaming and learn his timings, and never m1 a healthy survivor.

Trickter is hard, and doesn't have the same level of reward as Huntress, Plague or Slinger, but that doesn't mean he's weak. He has a hard cap on chase times for ######### sake, any killer with a hard cap on chase time can't be anything less than mediocre.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

He may be a lost cause. Since he is not popular I don't think he may get a buff. Since as you said his power could become to powerful if it gets buffed. Best thing they could do is make it so the Laceration damage sticks to a certain amount. I hope he gets something, but at this point since no one uses him he may just be ignored.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,113
    Options

Honestly his basic movement should be increased for a bit. Main event should work like Oni meter where you can activate whenever you decide to.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Every killer is viable, even Trickster.

Welp, at least we now know that your words didn't really carry much weight to them.

• CoalTower
    Options
  • CoalTower
    Options

Again, I said viable, not good.

My words would mean nothing if I said he was good.

• CoalTower
    Options

Then you either don't play him, or you're bad. Every killer is viable to a degree. Including Trickster. Again, I don't think he's good. He's C to D tier, but still viable.