rank 1 1% trickster, 3 matches in a row to show top trickster performance when played well

2»

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited June 2021

Your choice, although it's a shame people like you don't know how to be civil.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

If they want you dead on hook youre dead on hook, this is pretty much just a sentiment shared by ranged killers, killers with high lethality, and killers with high mobility, if a spirit wants you dead you are dead, if a huntress wants you dead they have a shot lined up across the map, if a bubba wants you dead its because more people would die if someone went for the save then if someone didn't go for the save, trickster isn't that good at camping and tunneling as compared to others he is on the same level as a killer with save the best for last, better off than normal but not by that much.

Many other killers can pressure gens and claim territory better

Blight, doctor, spirit, nurse, hag, trapper, pig, plague, myers, the reasons are few and far between but they all have a greater ability to force survivors out and defend a territory

and not only is he not good at anything else but the few things he is good out other killers beat him out ten fold, he doesn't have a niche in the meta he doesn't really have anything other than a weak kit and meh addons

• papabear2009
    papabear2009 Member Posts: 115

How does 1 even measure that they are even the top 1%? Like good job reaching red rank but I think a top 1% player would know that ranks don't measure skill in this game.

• whycantIwin
    whycantIwin Member Posts: 344

I don't mind recording more matches until I find competent survivors

• whycantIwin

small terror radius, can throw blades in your face and when you are injured he keep throwing them at you which make you almost unable to get to a safe loop and if you manage it you already threw many knives which will only require 1-2 knives to down them which you couldn't with huntress since survivors gain more distance and also DS even tho he brings them back to him, loops aren't safe at all and since he doesn't require a hit like DS he constantly keep throwing his knives even in safe loop while huntress often can't do anything about and DS need to shot and reload which can allow survivors to gain distance and get into a real loop protecting themselves from DS.

Only long walls are safe loops from trickster

• lewis
    lewis Member Posts: 63

don't know if you've seen it but Otzdarva was getting top players to vs his comp friends and comparing the killers to each other.

you should get in touch with him and put your 1% trickster up against 1% survivors and see how well you do.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I haven't watched it yet (I'll try to later) but was there anything you did that you feel another killer couldn't have done? Because strength aside that's my issue with him.

Specifically I mean like every killer especially every ranged killer can do something the others can't, huntress can hit across entire maps, slinger can hit through tiny gaps, plague can have multiple survivors downed in seconds, PH can go through solid objects, nemesis can break pallets. Does he have anything like that without purple add-ons?

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

Trust me, I do, but since nobody on this cesspit of a forum does, I see no point in bothering.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited June 2021

I can answer that. Trickster's power is an answer to nearly every instance where most other killers would have to just hold W after the Survivor they're after.

Safe and Short loop like over half the upstairs loops in Gideon Meat Plant? Most killers have to just hold W after the Survivor to force the pallet down. Trickster can throw knives over the top and down them.

Survivor holds W after getting hit for massive distance? If Trickster got the injury with kinves, he can just keep on throwing. A lot of Killers just have to eat that lost distance and hold W after them or go for someone else.

Survivor saw you coming from a distance and bolted? As Trickster, if you have LoS you can zone them with some long range knives here and there to keep them from continuing to run.

As Trickster, pretty much the only time you have to just hold W after someone is if you've lost LoS. Other killers can handle some of these instances, but Trickster is the guy who can handle all of them. Like Huntress and Slinger can handle short safe loops but can't handle the post hit hold W. Blight can handle the post hit hold W and bolting but depending on the shape of the short loop and the surrounding terrain, he may not be able to pinball around it. I hate being forced to just hold W after a Survivior, so Trickster has been my jam since he got his post launch buffs.

In addition to that, Trickster is actually the best of the ranged Killers to deal with Survivors attempting to get all up in your face to prevent hooks and stuff. He's got enough ammo at base to deal 7 health states worth of damage compared to Huntress's 5 or Deathslinger's 1 and more ready access to ammo increases. Also if Survivors are all up in your face, either stacked Showstopper or Main Event will be able to inflict damage much faster than Hatchets or the Redeemer. Amusingly enough, Survivors thinking Trickster is super weak helps him immensely here. Because they think he's weak, they're more likely to go for bullying plays, but because he's better at handling that than Huntress or Deathslinger those plays are much more likely to backfire horribly. Seriously, a lot of my really one sided Trickster games happened because Survivors tried and failed to bully me.

• bjorksnas
    edited June 2021

Only long walls are safe?, thats a bit of an over statement

Shack is safe, 4 Lanes are safe, C walls are safe Maze tiles are safe, that 4th maze tile is safe, Long walls are safe, Most large structures where you can just run in a circle are safe

and most of these generate in every map so as long as a survivor knows what they are doing they will take forever to down, but heres the thing survivors aren't that good, and neither is trickster, sure while he can eventually get hits at tiles its still no where near as fast as killers who are faster or ignore the tiles altogether

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

I love watching hypocrites in action.

Especially considering this dude started being aggressive first but blames it on everyone else

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Honestly ever since his cooldown and reload changes add ons aren’t necessary at all for him

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

With all due respect, these Survivors were not very good.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Wow you're speaking so much facts, and this is coming from someone who used to play the the trickster a lot. Heck even last night I went up against a trickster and literally no joke I looped him around a short haystack for 3 gens, why because he keep taking out his knifes and slowly trying to chip my heath away. Now he ended up getting me after all the gens were done but I still got rescued and escaped. But if it was any 115% killer, I would not have been able to loop him around the short haystack for three gens. But either way I don't understand OP point in posting this. Is he trying to brag? or just trying to prove a point that because he beat some low thinking survivors which could have been done with any other killer more quicker. Makes the trickster a B class killer as OP has claimed In the past. Or maybe he wants more people to play the trickster, but what he has to understand to play the trickster decently you have to have 1000s of hours into killer. And most average killer users, not in red ranks don't have 1000s of hours. This killer takes too much effort for not being a great killer, and that is why no one uses him in red ranks either too much effort for a weak killer.

• bjorksnas

Tricksters power is a power that punishes survivors, much like the other ranged killers, unlike the other ranged killers however his power both takes longer for the injury needing a larger window but has effectively no cooldown on it, however don't take this the wrong way, you faced some not so good survivors, and I counted, at least 20 Fatal mistakes in the first match alone, at least 20 of the health states you took in that match were just survivor mistakes from standing in the middle of nowhere to running directly into you, any 115 killer would be able to punish at least 50% of those same mistakes, and any other ranged or good killer could punish all 100% maybe even harder than trickster could, im not going to grapes wine here but trickster is just mediocre, but looks cool or viable only when survivors make a bunch of mistakes, which frankly they did. Even decent - good survivors would have made much less of those mistakes and you might have been in a bad spot the entire match

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited June 2021

I'm not the OP :-P.

I'm just telling you how and when I find Tricksters power to be useful... more useful than some other power would be. He's also is really good at punishing unsafe unhooks.

Is his power also very useless at some tiles? Yes. Does that average out to him being worse than Slinger or Huntress? Also yes. But I personally very much enjoy the strengths present in his kit and can usually deal with the weaknesses. So... I play him.

• bjorksnas

I had a similar argument trickster is just overshadowed by almost every other killer even in the stuff he is supposed to be good at, since his power widely relies on punishing survivor mistakes to win games and needs large windows to do so. I implore you to watch the first match called top 1% trickster and count survivor mistakes that resulted in a health state, I could count 20, people standing in the open, running into walls, running face first into the killer, standing still, all a bunch of silly constant mistakes meant to be information for ops claim, but if analyzed it just falls apart.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Also, not to downplay your skill as your better at him then me, but there's an absolute shitload of stupid plays by the survivors.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Yeah, I never really use add-ons on Clown anymore. His base-kit alone is pretty fun and still pretty solid.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

My problem is that their power is literally useless on console, I think everyone sees that he's salvageable on pc. He is currently not in a playable state on controller if your sensitivity is high which is practically required if you don't want to get spun as much

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

All of these maps are bad for killer in one way or another.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

This is the same as me playing with my 3k hours with Trapper against rank 20's and saying: "Yeah guys, look, Trapper is viable, because I'm a 1% Trapper who crush rank 20 survivors"

• whycantIwin

won't be that easy to contact him I imagine, I will record more gameplay with different add-ons and only save those with good survivors, after that I could try but I doubt it would work

• whycantIwin

absolutely, I didn't select the best game I had out of 10, it was 3 games in a row and that's what I got, the first survivors were grey ranks in purple while the second match they were yellows in purple as well, only the third match were they slightly better, but I will select the best survivors matches next, i'll make another 3 gameplay videos with only really good survivors and different add-ons

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119
  • Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

Ok, I have to wonder, are these your usual red rank survivors? Did these games take place on NA servers by any chance ;) ?

First game: survivors did zero gens, ok, one when the game was already over. Weak perks and equipment.

Second game: 2:20 for the first gen, then they need another FIVE minutes for the next gen; one meta build survivor.

You could had played add-on less trapper or... one-handed without headphones, the outcome would have been the same. The survivors lost by not even trying to play the objective.

Third game: Ok, maybe half of their teams at least knows what a generator looks like and they know what the meta perks are. But still, second gen popped after 4 minutes. Four minutes for two gens?

No amount of map pressure will generate those gen times, this is on solely the survivors.

I know a lot of people rank Trickster lower than he deserves. He is not D, E or even F tier. I'd say he is around Clown level: one chase power, some outplay at pallets and no map mobility.

But these games you uploaded, man, be happy about the server and the time of day you are able to play ;)

• whycantIwin

only the third match the survivors knew slightly what they were doing, I didn't select 3 games i had the best experiences, these 3 games in a row, but i'll make a part 2 of this with only good survivors, If i ever get some.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited June 2021

The main issue with Trickster: having fun and being efficient without these 2 green add-ons

I mean you literally play another killer class with them (similar to Oni with/without Scalped Topknot add-on)

Playing without them is a real pain-in-the-ass feeling against good survivors on any Trickster suboptimal map oOo

• whycantIwin

I played a few games without melodious murder and godamn! I still win but wow it's a different story

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

Meh. The problem will only ever get worse so what's the point in trying to fix it?

• bjorksnas

blight, bubba using pwyf, myers since there is no reaction time, plague just by bringing addons, trapper doesn't even need survivors to step in traps for the threat of having the traps can shut down loops, freddy, clown just shutting down loops or destroying resources fast, not all killers need mistakes some are just strong enough, fast enough, or oppressive enough to still win

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

That should be a question aimed at the devs and not the players.

• thefallenloser

I find that people who constantly need to point out that console players are bad are usually the ones who just do the gens and leave while the console teammates looped the killer for 5 gens and got left on hook.

• thefallenloser

Bro, my PC teammates are eating crayons in the corner of the map.

Pure confirmation bias. This will happen to you even with crossplay off.

• whycantIwin

I can confirm, the amount of time I play killer and get purples/reds that looks like they would belong into yellow or grey is crazy