There is no Gen-rush?

Options
Wrathclaw88
Wrathclaw88 Member Posts: 51
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Hello PartyPeople

A bunch of guys, including me thougth we maybe have a little bit fun. We wanted to see, how fast we can get all gens done using EVERYTHING Possible to "Rush" them. So we had a few trys until we get to the Trapper. (We did SWF not KYF!!!)

So here is the timestamp - From the bottom gen 1 - 5 on top

Here is the Video for it

The team were Dizzl-Chizzl , Lekoopa, Mpax88 and me Wrathclaw88.

So we would like to hear your opinion on this.

PS: Yes the Killer was Rank 17 (we dont make the matchmaking - but he had 2k hours of playing DBD which is Devotion 10 ~~) so he played this game before

Comments

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    Options

That poor Trapper, it breaks my heart :(

• Wrathclaw88
    Options

We are well aware that this is not the usual stuff or usual rounds - but just think about the possibility

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

Oh yay, standing at the exit like you're going to do something other than run after an actual gen rush.

Too. Much. Fun.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

This is just asinine. Thank you for further displaying the utter power role of SWF and, when push come shove, killer can do literally nothing.

• Lekoopar
    Lekoopar Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm one of those players we did it for fun and we ne Challenge law none of us plays that normal because you would only get -pips anyway, the trapper was sorry but for it We can't do anything for matchmaking

• Wrathclaw88
    Options

UPDATE: The other Group that was challanged did it on 2:08 Minutes - on Dead Dawg Saloon - Vid may follow

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, how often does it happen to you if you play vs a solo team, and not a swf?

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    edited June 2021
    Options

So a match against a very weak killer who isn't even good enough to end chases and hasn't pushed you off a generator a single time, how is it surprising that the game ended quickly? This is the equivalent of a killer ending the game with 4-5 generators remaining against a bad team. Do the same to a top tier killer and post that, then you will have a point.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

You´re lucky then, in most of my games my teammates have serious gen-allergies, but think flashlights give them the power to command other players around.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Even if the killer AFKs or fails to put any pressure on the map, can we all just agree that completing 5 gens in 4 minutes is just ridiculous? I mean, normal games last about 15 minutes, being able to escape in such a small amount of time is simply unfair.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Killers are losing 3 gens before first hook, that is so common. I have chill games as Survivor, only sweaty games against when my team rejecting do gens. And most survivors doing gens.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

yeah but that is also not the point, its more ot show the actual definition of genrushing.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335
    Options

Awe, the trapper even gave everyone bloody party streamers. Also, now it makes sense why killers run noed so often now.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Gen rushing has many faces. All survivors injured and doing gens instead of healing, for example.

It's just the most efficient way to end the match as survivor.

Scott Jund also did a video about how killers are forced to take gen slowdown perks, since playing without them is significantly harder and borderline impossible.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Even on the rare occurrence a team gets the gens done amazingly fast which is usually when I use a level 15 killer with no slowdown 2-3 still die in endgame. Killer has got way to easy of late and these threads are hilarious.

• Northener1907
    Options

I think people did not get point of video. Yes Trapper was bad and that case is rare. But still on high ranks survivors doing gens so fast. They ignoring all other objectives, maybe hex totems but cleansing is also not takes time.

Losing 3 gens with first hook is not rare, it is so common. Killers have to use slowndown perks but with those perks games are still so fast.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
  • chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Sorry bud I want to bud I got newborn twins and 2 more children on top of that. Just don't see how I can stream with that going on. I am usually talking to the babies and giving them pacifiers during the game. They always seem to wake up soon as I start a trial even though my TV has no volume and all my sound is ran through my headset. I have recently prestiged all my killers to there next levels all except Blight, twins, and trickster are now p3 so they are now level 20 and below. I have a few P3 level 50's but I am not using them at this time as I want the whole roster to get up there. My best killers hands down are Pig, Huntress, fred, Bubba, Wraith, and Oni. Killers I have not really played with at all until now/suck ass with are trickster, ghosty, blight is who I am using now and still holding rank 1 and killing 3-4 each game with average perks. My ghostface best lineup right now is tier 2 Thrilling and bitter murmer, and tier 3 mad grit and BBQ. Blight I am doing the best with as expected he is very fun.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

I always hate how people try to excuse this as "I'm doing this... FOR SCIENCE!" Once you got the gens done, you could've tried to give the Trapper who brought BPS some BP by taking chases... yeah, he had NoED, but even if you don't escape you've literally accomplished your goal of doing the gens really fast.

Anyway, this shows how much of a problem BNP's can be. They need to be nerfed, perhaps more than Keys. Yes, it's a rare occurrence. And how many Iri Head Hutnresses with Infantry Belts did you run into? Just one can change up a game significantly.

• Wrathclaw88
    Options
    • The 2nd Team - i wrote about earlier with 2:08 on Glenvale was playing against Twins here btw. - So its not only the Trapper. We had ~ 15 Matches where we tryed to get that time. And not only the Trapper was helpless - we met Ghostfaces - Freddy (which killed us because of our fault) Huntresses and Ghosts.

What we clearly saw, was that Killers that have possibilitys to travel fast between the Gens had a little more of a chance.

Please feel free to comment whats on your mind. We find your thoughts very interesting :)

• Wrathclaw88
    Options

Huntress with iri head (1 - after the patch) wouldnt be a problem - if she wouldnt move and camp we would punish her by rushing what we did ... and even if our unhookmate would go for the unhook there would be still 2 guys running around doing gens with prove

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Its not gen rush, its a lack of pressure. People need to stop over commiting on one survivor then get mad when all the gens are done. You never stopped and checked on the gens that are actively being worked on. What, you think survivor's magically stop doing the objective just because you are chasing someone? Come on, People. Break off and check gens.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited June 2021
    Options

@Tsulan

What does Nurse have to do with what is being discussed? I've gone against 'god' nurses before and some of them do usually bad because of the same problem that Trapper displayed. Overcommitted to the same survivor.

When killers complain about gen speeds with a video, yes people are going to point out what they could have done better but there is also an RNG aspect to every match. Unless you aren't aware that some maps are better for some killers than others. Patrolling gens, perks, map set ups, skill of the survivors being chased, the killer's own experience and skill... yes that all needs to be considered when you are talking about why you did poorly. I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

Not bringing slow down perks into a match is the equivalent of you not bringing DS into a match where the killer happens to be a camper. It's that simple. So unless you are very good without perks you are (again and especially with a killer like Trapper) going to have a rough time depending on... well all of the things I've already listed above.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

Flipping this on its head, is the killer eliminating everyone from the trial in under 4 minutes ridiculous or fair considering normal games are around 10-15 minutes.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Would love to see the stats on the fastest the killer can down all 4 survivors lol

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    Options

There is no such thing as gen rush if killers achieve a kill rate of 68% on average.

The only persons complaining about gen speed are crying killer mains focussing on 4 k every match and poor guys doing killer adepts with killers without any slow down perks.

The same way 4 survivors can finish 5 gens in 3 minutes a good killer can snowball a whole team in 2 minutes or even less.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

I like how people tend to always show the one side of light.

You show how strong survivors can perform against certain killer on certain maps.

But you didnt show me the opposite site? Should I really Idk search for some KIll Streaks as Oni with an op build on shelter woods? or spirit? or a good nurse?

And what comes after that?

Sorry but as long people only focus on one side nand refuse to show both sides I can't take you for real.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2021
    Options

I definitely wouldn't call not healing and going for gens "gen rushing". To me thats when I get a 4 man lobby with commodius toolboxes with wire spools and BNPs. Survivors that are literally queuing for whoever knows how long just to have a 4 minute match.

Completely incomparable imo.

Foregoing healing for gens is just smart time saving (against some killers like Legion its literally the correct play), like using BBQ on killer and slugging to optimise your map pressure. Exact same thing. I do wish they'd make toolboxes sabo only as I think with gen times being what they are, aswell as Prove thyself and such, they really are unnecessary.

• Northener1907
    Options

How you know kill rates 68%? And also 68% is not so much.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,118
    Options

Yes gen-rushing is a thing. Survivors can easily focus on nothing, but solely getting gens done and the killer has very little they can actually do to pressure the survivors.

Thankfully, most survivor teams do engage in altruism making it possible for the killer to stop gens from getting done.

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    Options

It was stated in the bhvr twitter news.

68% is actually a lot. It means survivors die on everage in 2 out of 3 matches.

Ideally game should be balanced around 50% kill rate or 2 k per match. But then most killers will cry and quit playing making queue times horrible. In my opionion balancing the game around 60% instead of 50% was an intentional concession of BHVR to the killer side.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

This statement makes no sense at all. The time survivors take to complete a generator is an absolute value, which means that, unless you have a perk or a item, it is always going to take the same time to complete. As such, this value can be tweaked by the devs with just a single number change. Comparing this to how much time it takes to kill all 4 survivors is not fair, as the former is something only influenced by skill/behaviour. If the survivors just want to die and stand right in front of the killer doing nothing, it will probably take less than 1 minute have everyone dead.

But ok, let's use your example. If all the survivors loop as efficiently as possible, it will still take much more than 4 minutes to kill everyone by simply the sheer amount of pallets on every map. This is not even considering if the survivors are picking each other up.

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2021
    Options

Spoken like a true survivor. You can't get pressure on a swf with comms. 'He's over here, ok work the gen'. Oh he overcommited he was only supposed to chase for 10 seconds then run to the next gen to get 'pressure' and chase him for 10 seconds while the guy you just left goes back to the gen. "Well you need to end chases quickly". I do a lot of times only to hear "waa your spirit is OP cheating nerf her waaa". Ok.

Edit: You know what brings great pressure against altruistic groups? Camping and tunneling. Brings great pressure.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    edited June 2021
    Options

Survivor main or just a survivor? I'm usually called a killer main on here xD Glad I can get people to say both xD Nah, I play both sides. If you CAMP first hook, don't complain about gens at all. If you do not chase people off of gens, thats on you. Just like if survivor's don't do gens because they ######### around with the killer too long and all die, they can't complain about killers being op and top it all off, if you chase someone for 4 minutes straight, don't ######### about gens as killer.