Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stop making Indoor maps

JasonS
JasonS Member Posts: 100
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Out of all the indoor maps in the game, only Treatment Theater is any fun, and even that map isn't better than most of the outdoor maps.

The Game is a travesty of a map with so many safe pallets that you can get run for 5 gens without breaking all of them.

Midwitch at least has some good looping tiles but holding W down hallways is miserable. Cutting corners to catch fleeing survivors is difficult on all the indoor maps but its completely impossible on Midwitch, which makes the chases feel like a slog.

Hawkins is sometimes decent but most of the time the random door spawns just chop the map in half and make getting around really annoying, and there's a lot of bad pallets that are not very useful.

And soon the Police Station will be added, a giant map with a million tiny hallways, making it really hard for the killer to find survivors but also causing the survivors to just randomly bump into the killer (or zombie) on the dozens of blind corners everywhere. Plus one of the most egregious god-windows I've ever seen in the game, its like we're back in 2016 DBD.

On top of all the issues with the maps themselves, there's the issue that Huntress and Hillbilly are extremely unfun to play on indoor maps and Nurse struggles on all of them except Midwitch because its hard to keep line of sight on anyone for more than a fraction of a second. Plus I can't imagine Blight is going to have a good time in the Police Station....

So with all of that in mind I don't know why BVHR was dead set on making yet another indoor map for the Resident Evil DLC. Its been mediocre at best every single time its been tried, and its often quite bad, but they keep doing it.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

It seems to be the license maps that suck the most. Lery’s is the only non-licensed indoor map and as you said it is the only fun indoor map.

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209

I'm curious what killer the OP plays. I've started using the twins and victor is great on indoor maps

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I played several maps on the RCPD and got creamed each time. The whole team did. Just because it's indoor and there are more walls doesn't mean that a killer is suddenly helpless. They just don't have as many wide open areas that make it easier for them to slaughter survivors in.

Variety is good. Maps should be generally balanced for both sides, yes (in my opinion they already are, but I digress) but it's not the end of the world if some maps are better for certain people than others. Not every map needs to be a perfect 100 percent balance. If that were the case why would we have multiple maps at all? Why not just play on the same map over and over forever? Because we like variety, and in my opinion that variety needs to include challenge level.

• JasonS
    JasonS Member Posts: 100

Mostly M1 type killers but I've been trying to learn Hillbilly lately and on indoor maps he barely has a power.

I mean Billy is already enough of a struggle trying to land chainsaws on dedicated servers but at least he can use his speed on outdoor maps to apply pressure.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

I believe indoor maps are fine, the problem is that they inherently have a high bar of killer skill necessary to engage against survivors well on them because while there is some catching people out from a blind corner, there is also no longer being able to see scratch marks, or survivors themselves from halfway across the map. Furthermore because of their structure they often have a lot of strong palettes (personally I think hawkins is a good example of having a good mix of palette strengths), which means that killers are inordinately punished for being unable to catch survivors out of position compared to open maps.

Ultimately I think the solution is to perhaps find a friend you can get into a custom game with so that you can more ably familiarize yourself with the layouts/RNG without feeling pressured by the generators ticking away in the background. I think as you become more comfortable with navigating such maps, you'll find them less annoying to deal with.

Also, threading a Huntress hatchet through numerous doorways/windows/hallways on Lery's is probably one of my proudest gamer nuts ever, so being able to recognize the rise in difficulty also increases the satisfaction of the payoff.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

If you hate indoor maps so much and have large amounts of offerings to said maps, why not go a few rounds with jumpscare Myers? He's the best in those maps

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I hate indoor maps. I honestly play less because of them.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

I like the indoor maps but they are more of a challenge.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

100% this, it's always the licensed maps that are the most awful to play on. I wish there was a way to disable them forever, I hate them all.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I happened to like indoor maps and haven't seen a licensed one that I didn't like yet.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I have nothing personal against the OP. I really don't. Nor do I have anything personal against anyone else who's said that they hate the new map and want it changed, deleted, etc. I accept that not everyone likes the same things, and that's okay.

But that's just it. Not everyone likes the same things, and that's okay. It has to go both ways. At the moment this game is, unarguably and overwhelmingly, dominated by more less "open" outdoor maps. That's fine. I enjoy most of them. But I also happen to enjoy the tighter, more mazelike maps. I LOVE Lery's. I LOVE Hawkins Lab. I LOVE The Game (that one is actually my favorite map). I love them for the aesthetic, the combination of physical layout and size, and the fact that getting one of these maps is, for me, a refresher. A palate cleanser after getting so many other maps that, whether I enjoy them or not, are largely similar aside from color scheme and object appearance.

There's room for every kind of map layout in this game, just as there's room for every kind of survivor, killer, playstyle, etc. It's not a game for one type of audience. It's a game for players of all types, all flavors and interests and preferences. That's WHY there are map offerings. That's WHY there are three dozen maps (making Racoon City PD something like 2.7 percent of them).

As for the map itself, I did initially understand what appears to be the main concern which is "too big, too mazelike". All I can tell anyone is that I've played it multiple times, and there wasn't a problem. The killer (Nemesis each time, admittedly) won each game, suggesting that killers aren't going to have the problem of "never being able to find / run into survivors" as some have claimed. Meanwhile, for me, the survivor, the matches lasted my average of about ten minutes. Sometimes I spent more time unhooking and healing, sometimes I spent more time exploring the map, sometimes I spent more time trying to get gens done. My point is that at no time did I feel "UH OH, SCORCHED EARTH, RED ALARM, THIS MAP IS BROKEN AND WILL DESTROY THE GAME". I mean good lord, it's just a large map that happens to be indoors. We've never gotten one before. It's really not that big of a deal.

And, ultimately, my point remains - if it IS a big deal, then that suggests to me that the people complaining the hardest simply want the entire game to revolve around them, for every map to be to their benefit or particular preferences, and not only is that unrealistic, it's unfair. There's needs to be something for everyone. I get that a lot of people don't like indoor maps for whatever reason. There are a lot of others who do. I am among them. I don't want anyone trying to take this map from me just as I won't ever be trying to take any of their outdoor maps from them.

I happen to feel exactly as you do.

• NotoriousJeff
    NotoriousJeff Member Posts: 13

the only map i want to have either removed or reworked is haddonfield

As a blight Main, hes fine to play on Hawkins, little bit annoying on Midwich:D Lerys is a joke with blight cause its impossible to get good bounces trough doors, hes basically a m1 killer on that map with a speed boost in the hallways

haven´t played the new map, but some of the 90° Corners are not bad for blight, since you could be pre bounce those