Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

"An Unknown Error Occured"

DeeBinit
DeeBinit Member Posts: 2
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting

Step 1: Boot the game.

Step 2: Play as either Killer or Survivor

Step 3: Queue match

Step 4: Sent back to Main Menu with a message "An Unknown Error Occurred."

. . .

Doesn't matter the character.

Doesn't matter the perks.

Map is N/A as I don't usually get that far without getting the error

Very Frequent.

. . .

It has become very common that I am sent back to the main menu with the message "An Unknown Error Occurred." More times than not, it's as if it happens when I queue for too long. Sometimes it will do it every time I queue. Sometimes it will happen if I just sit in my lobby.

Honestly, it looks like the game finds a match, but something goes wrong and it can't finish the process of me connecting to said match.

I've tried restarting the game, and usually the 1st game will go through after resetting, but go right back to the "Unknown Error" message after minutes of queueing EACH TIME after.

I wouldn't mind so much, but resetting after every match is tiring after about the 3rd or 4th time. Especially when you have friends that have to wait on you who don't seem to have this problem.

Now, this could very well just be a connection issue, which is a very plausible explanation as my internet isn't particularly impressive. But, I'd never had this problem until right around when the Resident Evil PTB came out.

Was just wondering if this would be an issue with the game (happening to anyone else?) or if it is strictly on my end.

{I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same result}

Thanks to anyone who may be able to answer! 😀

{Note: The video takes a few minutes, just to capture how long I wait, just to be sent back to the menu}

Post edited by DeeBinit on
5 votes

Pending · Last Updated