The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How offten do you face HillBilly?

Comments

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

Who's ,,Hillbilly"?

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

The last one I played against was a hacker, so I'm not counting that.

Probably a few months ago, the rework neutered him

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Very rarely and I love it, hate Billys

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Rarely. Like once a week if I'm lucky, and I play a few hours a day, everyday.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

2 times today both loved to slug. Other than that once in a blue moon maybe less

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

Once every harvest moon

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited June 2021

I can actually tell you how often I face Hillbilly since I've been taking data since Trickster released. Since Trickster released, I have faced Hillbilly 11 times out of the 385 survivor matches I've played.

If each killer was faced evenly in that amount of matches, each killer I would have faced 16-17 times.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
  • Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

It's not very often in the red ranks but for whatever reason it seems like when I do see him it's several times that night. Then I do not see him at all for over a week. Which is a shame since Billy is one of the Killers I think is really fun to play against.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

we all remember the time off huntress nurse billy in red ranks and then billy got nerfed

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Idk what the clauds were doing.

Bubba barely moves up in his tier. he has always been straight up mid-tier. and he always will be.

Billy is still High A tier, and that's sayin' something

Like i said... the billy in Otz's vid wasn't the best there was.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I feel like they gutted Billy just so people could go and get Oni, Bubba, and Blight either grinding the ever-living ######### out of them to get them or pay with money and easily get them, makes you think.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

Almost never.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I don't see them that often, I ran into one yesterday. But I've been recently playing a lot of hillbilly

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Literally never, and the rare times that I do, they get their behind handed to them so I can see why he's not picked often.

I do however, see Spirit's every damn match.

• Moonman157
    Moonman157 Member Posts: 102

I still see him quite a bit, at least not significantly less than other killers. I feel like I see him way more than Oni and a few other killers.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

I once played a VERY unpopular (i.e. incredibly underpowerd) class in a MMO. When i got to the first main hub I got a tell from someone asking what class I was as he hadn't seen it before.

That was fairly depressing...

• ChurchofPig
    edited June 2021

Trickster at 11.17% of my matches against him (43 times to be exact).

Also in case your curious, my least is Pyramid Head at 1.56% of my matches (6 times to be exact).

I started taking data the day Trickster released which is why he's so high. Second place is Doctor at 8.05% of my matches (31 times).

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I face Hillbilly once every 20 games or so.

The killers I face the most are Wraith (because, of course, he's "barely changed" and "only just now halfway decent"), Leatherface, Huntress, Ghostface, Spirit, and Trapper. All the rest are either roughly in the middle or, in the case of Blight, Twins, Deathslinger and Oni, barely ever at all.

• miketheratguy

There's a place called the Thompson House? I barely remember that. I think it used to be somewhere between two places called the Rotten Fields and the Rancid Abattoir but that surely can't be right because I see those places about 30 times a day.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I faced two Billies today. One DC'd at the start of the match after failing to down a survivor, the other tunneled a Claudette to death at 5 gens. Rough games.

• glitchboi

Every killer is viable in rank 1. Might change once MMR comes out tho, sadly.

• ChurchofPig

I like seeing stats too. I like taking them also within reason so that the game doesn't become boring for me. I personally also found it shocking how low Pyramid Head placed since I thought he was somewhere in the middle for me prior to taking stats this chapter.

• glitchboi

It ain't a biggie, I guess it's just stuff that happens every day. I actually like going against Billy so it sucks that the games didn't go well.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Never

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Billy :(

I play him occasionally though.

• TomBombadil
    TomBombadil Member Posts: 36

I'm a rank one Billy on mobile. Everything is possible if you dream hard enough lol

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

wraith is basically unchanged after the patch though? you just see him more often now because you don't need a purple windstorm to make him functional so people can play him more often

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

As a part time billy main it hurts my soul to see a billy once every two weeks

• miketheratguy

My opinion is that he's become much cheaper and that's why I'm seeing him at literally five or six times the rate that I did before the patch (I record all my matches so I'm able to see the frequency of chosen killers). If he's basically unchanged and just received a very minor adjustment I don't think that I'd be seeing him so much now, or finding him much more annoying to face than before.

• glitchboi

Both are actually fun to go against, but I definitely prefer Billy.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Who? Is that even a killer in the game?

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

i literally explained as to why you're seeing him more often, he's just playable without needing a purple addon now

you can literally go back and look at the patch and see what they changed, it's not a mystery

• Midnght
    Midnght Member Posts: 65

not often and when i do i try to see if they are traying to chainsaw three times so i can let em get the challenge done its the only time i use him and i hate it frankly not good with his chainsaw rather use cannibals' chainsaw just saying

Now if i could get hillbillies to rev three times itd let me know they are clearing a challenge but then others would abuse it to trick people id imagine such is life.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

once a week if that

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Just played againts a Bubba! No way! :D

• aliquis
    aliquis Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2021

I am a rank 1 hillbilly main. The new maps are to blame too. Like the new RE map, billy has 0 mobility advantage on this map. Seriously, billy has so many bad maps: there are many indoor maps where his power doesn't give him a mobility advantage. There are maps where there are barely any tiles he can curve and most new maps have a lot of pallets and tiles with windows, so little deadzones he can backrev survivors. The only constant advantage is that you can zone pallets with m2 to give survivors a smaller headstart.

He is still fun but against good survivors he is basically a m1 killer without a power.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Almost never - he's borderline garbage right now. Overheat was unneeded, and all of his add-ons are gutted to uselessness. More importantly, a lot of the new maps just don't favor him at all. Also, the jank hitboxes on the newer environments make hitting air 50% more likely with the saw - I found a bunch on spirit's maps recently. That was fun.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

When I play Billy I am trying I think too much to curve, but I too many times fail. After reading your comment I think I am maybe not the only one to blame :D

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited June 2021

Actually ya the number of awful billy maps has massively increased. Increase debris on the reworked maps. So many new awful indoor maps. Rpd, midwich hawkins etc. Oni seems way better on these maps and thats without factorimg the lack of good add ons billy has.

Behaviour didn't like billy i guess so they added a mechanic to discourage people from picking him up. The billy mains can sit there and say oh but hes still good but how often is a person learning billy gonna be locked out of there power. If overheat punishes average to inexperianced billy players so aggresively. Isn't it only natural the billy playerbase would stagnate and decline.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Last time I faced a Billy was 2 days ago. He dc'ed after he lost his totem within the first 2 minutes.

Before that probably about 2 weeks ago. I don't get why the devs haven't went back and reverted the overheat mechanic. I get a lot of players miss his very strong add-ons but they needed nerfed. Remove the overheat mechanic and hopefully people will start playing him again. He has always been a very fun killer to face.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I play him every so often when I'm a bit tired of Blight. Apparently some of the skills transfer over because I usually do very well with him.

I had no idea Billy's were so rare though. The overheat nerf really discouraged people from using him didn't it?

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688

I haven't faced a Billy at all this month... No one plays him in red ranks unless they have a daily I guess.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Alittle update. Still haven't faced another yet. Faced 5 bubbas and 3 onis though.

• Brambles5
    Brambles5 Member Posts: 41

Last time I faced a Billy was 4 days ago. Before that probably about 1 month ago. I wish I could see him more.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Not as often anymore. I had to stop playing him after a few years ( I wasn't very good) because his headbob starting making me sick.

It's a shame as I still consider a genuinly good curve Billy one of the scariest, most adrenaline pumping killers to play against. Good Billies still exist but no one even wants to learn him anymore because of overheat.

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

I have never faced a billy, like ever. The only time I ever see a billy is when I play him. Most of my matches have been Myers, Ghostfaces and a few freddy mains. It's mainly just Myer mains though,

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

It must have been more than a month since I last saw a Hillbilly. If he wasn't amongst my killer choices on killer selection screen I would have forgotten he existed.