The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Doesn't Bamboozle deserve a nerf?

2»

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Until someone throws it on Bubba and removes his only real counterplay. Did someone call for a map-wide forced deadzone?

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited June 2021

No. It might catch you out once, but after that if you continue to do another lap of a loop with a vault in future chases, that’s on you.

Post edited by TheClownIsKing on
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

It's still necessary to fix bad loop design.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

‎‎

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

If they cant get downs without it, then the perk surly doesnt deserve a nerf, but should be base kit, because, you know, killers are supposed to get downs. If they cant, it shows something is wrong, and you shouldnt need a perk to overcome that.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

Oh man, I know this one killer that you're going to HATE.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

Dangit, who keeps knocking down the sign in these threads? Can you quit it?!

*Picks up and re-hangs sign* There we go. Better.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

How the hell does someone outplay with Bamboozle? Bamboozle is just "I dont know how to run tiles, so I just block the Window" and nothing more.

@Topic:

Bamboozle needs exactly 1 Nerf - increase the Audio of the Entity Blocker. This was buffed a few months ago, the range was reduced for no real reason. It should not be possible that the Survivor does not hear that the window just got blocked by Bamboozle.

Other than that, I dont think it is really a problematic Perk. The only problem is that it got introduced as a band-aid against god Loops, however, it also can used on Loops where the Killer can outplay the Survivor via Mindgaming so were Bamboozle is not needed. And since Godloops dont really exist anymore (those were you have to run the Window 3 times without any chance of mindgaming the Survivor), Bamboozle does not really need to exist.

However, I dont think it is a problem.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Weird cause i find bamboozle to be just plain bad. I never get good use out of it.

Like it helps on T-L walls and Shack. You know the loops where you already get easy hits or early pallets by mindgames.

It can even hurt you once people know you have it and just start chaining loops to deal with it.

It not like terrible cause there are niche cases where it helps but overall i find it very meh.

Maybe i'm using it wrong but in my experience normal mindgames gets downs faster then bamboozle plays most of the time. And that's coming from a Legion main who needs to get m1 hits

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Bamboozle doesn't need a nerf because it isn't even that strong to begin with. It's pretty easy to get around because it affects 1 window at a time and only lasts 16 seconds.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Just go to the next window, the perk blocks only one at a time.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

It’s your choice to stay in an area with bamboozle if that’s the logic.

you can get to another area, you can use pallets.

You can actually even hear when bamboozle activates if you pay attention.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I wouldn't say using bamboozle is outplaying anyone. It's a completely fair perk, tho. It doesn't need nerfed.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Bamboozle doesn't need changed. When you know a killer has it and that they immediately are going to block the window then that's the time you should run away and find another area to loop.

You just need to know that they have it. So your first chase may end earlier than expected but after that you should be prepared and do a lot better. Bamboozle also is only good on instadown killers.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited June 2021

Well... considering that Bamboozle is still better than Crowd Control, which is a Hex... it probably should get some kind of nerf to be fair. Maybe a 30-40s cooldown.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

Or maybe... and bear with me here... just maybe, the hex is weaker than a perk that has existed for 3 years?

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

Nope. This perk is perfectly fine as it is. Only killer that makes this perk annoying is Bubba but Bubba is cancer to verse no matter what they run.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Both are true, but you're claiming a grandfather clause. I don't see why the length of time something has been in the game should have any bearing on whether or not it's balanced. DS was broken for years before it was nerfed.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

DS was being complained about constantly for years by a majority of the community.

Bamboozle only has the occassional person pipe up about it. Such as our annoyed OP here.