The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's an unpopular opinion that you hold.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Twins dont need any buffs or nerfs.

They need a full on power rework on at least the scale of Doctor.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Camping while drinking fine scotch whisky is very relaxing and rewarding. Just don't unhook!!

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

MMR is good for the game, the current rank based matchmaking is just stomp fest.

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173

But isn't it bad survivor play to not cleanse totems? I myself don't run noed as totems have the habit of being cleansed.

• UniSans
    UniSans Member Posts: 111

Trickster is easy to 4k with at red ranks

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189

There's no good reason to talk trash in endgame chat. Just say ggs and move on

• Sunri
    Sunri Member Posts: 100

They should add more bikini skins

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

Toxic behaviours are born on survivor side. Killers are toxic as a reaction.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

YASSSSS. I've been telling people this for years. You can't get a good estimate of how much milk was added if you put cereal first. I don't drink the rest of the milk that's in the bowl after and I don't want to waste more milk than I have to.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Hag should have her power reworked and add-ons nerfed

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Solo Q is fine.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Blight needs to be removed from the game

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Not sure how unpopular this is, but...

Most things survivors complain about (camping, NOED, slugging, etc.) are usually caused by survivors themselves (though not always the ones complaining about it).

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Remove the red stain.

I just wanna see.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Every movie starring Adam Sandler is a disgrace to humanity.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Yes dude. It also helps prevent the cereal from getting soggy too fast and if you want to get more cereal after the first bowl, you're going to have to pour the cereal into the milk ANYWAYS. Not only that but this way it gives better control over your milk to cereal ratio.

Milk first gang🤙🤙

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

I like NOED at the end of a game as survivor, as it feels like the end level boss fight.

Also, Deja Vu is a vastly underrated perk.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Spirit has counterplay.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Clown is high B tier

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

The Nurse's basekit rework was a travesty (add-on pass was what needed to happen though). Think about what happened regardless.

1 It's inconsistent with BHVR's design philosophy. They typically do not balance around the highest level, but their solution to nerfing Nurse (even then considered the killer with the highest skill floor), was to raise the skill floor not nerfing the skill ceiling.

2 Attaching a second cooldown to Blinks, more than anything, just nerfs map mobility and searching for immersed survivors. Nurse still gets the hits as before with the same skill requirement. She's just more obnoxious if you make a mistake. Way too much of a blanket nerf.

3 Double recharge add-ons almost brings old basekit Nurse back. This means that old-Nurse is effectively on a bloodpoint tax. This means that either Nurse's basekit was fine, and rather than the bloodpoint grind, she should have been left alone with meme add-ons instead, or it means that the problem's still there, just behind a yellow and green addon, accomplishing nothing if the Nurse only wants to play Nurse and doesn't care about farming bloodpoints for other killers.

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

If killers can facecamp at egc to ensure a kill, if only one surv is alive keys should be basekit

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

his play style is boring and I feel he has no downside in regards to oh you missed your hit or bounce it’s fine have a 1 second cooldown and rinse and repeat, getting hits that he literally shouldn’t get..

everyone who uses him uses “ ruin undying tinker” pair that with solo queue it just becomes a painful experience

I never thought I would despise a killer the way I do him, I would rather a infinite healing legion or a prayer bead sprirt over this pimp/Werewolf creature lol I have played agaisnt a lot of blights past few days to the point I am over this killer at the moment

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137
    1. The Nurse has the lowest kill rate.
    2. The Nurse is not very difficult to learn.
    3. Pig, Leatherface, and Doctor are extremely OP especially in red ranks.
  • miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I believe that Wraith is now incredibly cheap. Everyone - or maybe I should say apparent killer mains - seem to think that I'm committing a sin by saying this. I mean how dare I say anything negative about a killer that they decided was COMPLETELY USELESS, I guess, before his recent buffs? He can hit you too fast out of an uncloack and he doesn't even need to use his bell anymore, this eliminating his one reliable tell. He's cheap, gets free hits constantly, and makes every match he's in a game of total guesswork and luck. The counterarguments are defensive things like "He be a stealth killer, that means him is supposed to get free hits" or, more often, "he was absolutely bottom of the barrel awful, terrible in any way, and only now has gotten just barely playable". Which flies in the fact of the other people who say that he's hardly been changed (if at all), so whatever. Not liking the Wraith anymore is tantamount to saying that anyone who uses him is Satan and that the game should be completely deleted because he exists.

I also can't stand looping. I ######### hate it. I think it's just ######### dumb. I thought this game was about trying to kill or survive, not seeing how long you can get the other side to play tag with you. ######### the looping stuff, it's not fun.

• TheBigGoo
    TheBigGoo Member Posts: 38

Trickster is fun

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257

Bubba is annoying to play as and against.

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

Devs not really want 2k/2 escapes.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Dbd needs a unranked mode

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Killers and survivors should have unique passives to make each engagement more dynamic.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Camping and tunneling works.

• BronzeHandModel
    BronzeHandModel Member Posts: 116

Using Surge as Gen defence is completely enough on M1 Killers

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

Myers' outfit and wheapons in the store need to be removed from the game

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

4 man slugging is survivors' fault. It only happens when survivors refuse to heal and group up in one place.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Billy is still strong

Myers is underrated and stronger than GF (although both are aren't strong killers)

Good Nurses being essentially unbeatable (outside of tournament squads) just because she's "hard to play" isn't fine. Just tolerable since its infrequent.

Lucky break is strong.

Pyramid Head is fun to go against.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited June 2021

Yeah same here. I was honestly surprised when I saw how many people don't like him as well the first time I saw it. I guess the ones that do are just more vocal/popular or something. There seems to be a healthy amount on both sides and in-between.

I can't stand Myers either, neither can my entire friend group lol.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

This game is still a horror game. Dark places are not "horror" or "frightning", bright places can too have the right atmosphere. The level of immersion is based on the player and you can still get the "horror" feeling if you just let it happen.

• Evilhorst
    Evilhorst Member Posts: 103

It is ok to have a popular opinion.

Dead hard is a free second chance like DS was, but worse.

The skill needed for survivor does not even come close to what any killer in the game needs(50/50 player here).

This game is way easier to balance than people think.

Buffing Solo to get it to SWF and then balancing the game is probably the WORST way to balance the game.

Statistics are extremely valuable information, most people just suck at statistics and arguing.

Blight is harder to play than nurse.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Blight is really not that difficult to use, and is also really not that strong. I'm not at all saying he's easy or weak per se, but seeing so many people suddenly comparing his difficulty and strength to nurse ever since he got a camera fix blows my mind. This is coming from a blight main fyi.

Demogorgon is also pretty underrated. People give him ######### and place him low because his map traversal or chase power isn't nearly as strong as others, but they seem to ignore the fact that he still has all these things going for him when many others don't, even if they aren't individually as good as some others. Also, placing portals beside gens any time you pass one outside a chase and regularly teleporting to keep them active is like built in discordance without the two person requirement in a lot of cases.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044

I've seen you sharing this opinion a lot, so I thought I'd give my input.

Wraith was one of the undisputed worst killers in the game for five years straight. You know this, I know this, everyone knows this, so you can understand how seeing somebody ask for him to be immediately nerfed again after all this time puts a sour taste in people's mouths. To my knowledge, you've started playing within the last 3-6 months (please correct me if I'm wrong) so it's fine that it seems less believable given his admittedly kind of silly current state, but trust me, he was AWFUL. Virtually no speed increase when cloaked, very poor and much slower post-cloak lunge only barely making up for the distance lost by uncloaking, and the invisibility rarely even worked as you could see his shimmer from miles away. And that was everything he had. And he was somehow even WORSE back in the day, because he didn't even HAVE a post-uncloak speed lunge or a movespeed increase while cloaked. I played a decent amount of both Wraiths and it was not fun.

However, I will admit that the buff they gave him was a little too far. Everyone wanted his movespeed in cloak to be increased, and for true invisibility to be a thing - however, they increased his movespeed in cloak much more than anyone thought (it used to be 120% movement speed if I remember right, and now it's 150%), made him only visible from 20m, and most bafflingly of all, increased his lunge duration by 0.25 seconds. Combined with the movespeed increase, this gives the Wraith ludicrous range with the uncloak lunge, which is a little cheap and I don't think was intended, even if it can be countered by predicting which way he's going to go.

If you want my opinion, they should either reduce the lunge duration back to 1 second, OR reduce his cloaked movespeed to 135% as well as increase the true invisibility range to 28m. One of these options, but not both. We do NOT want old Wraith back.

Also, Wraith has always been able to muffle his bell with the Coxcombed Clapper ultra-rare. This was not something they added with his buffs, and there is no other way of "not having to use his bell" to uncloak. (Well, apart from the "Serpent - Soot" add-on, but that is rarely used and pretty bad, only activating after breaking a pallet or wall.) Coxcombed Clapper is what an ultra rare should be - very powerful, but not oppressively so.

Finally, I'd like to let you know that of course you don't have to like looping, but in the end that is what this game is balanced around. For me, as a mostly killer player, I'm not really a big fan of M1 killer chases either. I prefer more dynamic chases such as with Deathslinger, Pyramid Head and Pig, and applying map pressure and macro strategy like with the Twins and the Plague. But I still have to do it, and likewise, so do you. Stealth is fine and all, but it's not what should be the "normal" choice. Having 4 god loopers is significantly more enjoyable than 4 god stealthers. And Wraith does kind of ######### on stealth players, especially with the one add-on he has that needs a downside, the All-Seeing Blood.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

slinger is fun to go against

doctor is fun to go against

dead hard is overrated

Noed is fine as a second chance perk, specially if the one complaining has 4 of them

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

all-seing blood downside is that you can only use it while cloaked. and its range is extremely short.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

My unpopular opinion is always the same: gen regression/slowdown tools carry terrible killers, giving them the false impression that they're good