The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's an unpopular opinion that you hold.

Comments

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

Jill's new totem Perk, Counterforce, is disgustingly overpowered and should be given a hard nerf. I see no point in even attempting to run a totem build now that this Perk exists.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226

Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, and Unbreakable are only as strong as the killer allows the survivor to leverage them...

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Playing against old hillbilly was unfun

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395
  • CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Ace's perks get too much hate, he still has 2 really good perks (Open Handed and Ace in the Hole).

Honestly, If I made a survivor tier list based on perks, he would probably be 6th last.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

Wraith current state is fine and I don't think nerfing him would be a good idea.

Nerfing his speed would drastically weaken him and nerfing his burst of speed would make is worse then pre buff wraith as his movement speed while uncloaking got nerfed to compensate for his speed increase.

The only way to be able to nerf him would to compensate for those nerf so he can still be better then he was and make him less annoying.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

1. do bones!ย 

2. soloQ is not made hard by the killer, but by the teammates.

3. bubba is OP

4. keys should allow only one survivor to escape through the hatch.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Both hatch and keys should be deleted entirely.

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

I like indoor maps...and Haddonfield.

2060 Member Posts: 5

Hatch straight up shouldnt exist, Exit Gates shouldnt be allowed to get 99d and should slowly regress when not being interacted with, and Wraiths "All Seeing- Spirit" is one of the strongest iridescent addons in the game.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

SWF with and without comms are fine, I can see the complaints about it but its not as bad as you think, stop blaming swf for everything

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

It's fine to dislike going against any killer

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,066

People take this game way too seriously lol

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Thank you for that very well-reasoned, very well-verbalized response. I have a lot more respect for that than the typical responses of "OMIGOD, I never thought I'd live to see the day when people complain about WRAITH. He's perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with him at all. He's only just now worth touching for THE FIRST TIME EVER. Just be great at looping and be next to a window at all times and you can counter him easy. God, I hate survivor mains".

You're correct, I've only been at the game for three months. That means that I did see Wraith before the buff and I thought he was fine. I don't get the general mentality of the community that if a killer doesn't have a special executable power they're just "awful M1 killers". I saw people do well with him, I did alright with him. I'm not disputing what you said, I believe that people quit using him and / or thought that he sucked, etc. I'm just saying that I think what happened is that as the game progressed and other characters were added that were more complex and powerful, people seemed to just decide that he wasn't worth using. I don't know why because the people I did see using him used him quite well, but to each their own.

Now that he's gotten a buff I can definitely understand the mentality that finally, he's competitive again (to an extent, because again, while I didn't see him languish for five years, I did see him before the buff and he seemed fine to me), and by extension the attitude that reverting him in any way would be a massive disservice to fans who have been waiting so long for such a thing. I definitely get that. It's just that there's a real sense of defensiveness, possessiveness and ignorance with many (not all) of the people who have discussed the topic with me. Few people do what you did and objectively looked at the pros and cons, accurately assessed why some might find him cheap now. Usually it's just a quick "he's totally unchanged", "the data says his lunge is no different", "just get better at looping", "just wear headphones", "just be better at seeing his blur before it's too late", etc. I'm fine with the character being improved, but he's not impoved in any kind of intelligent way that makes him more difficult to use for more meaningful gains. Instead they just upped his speed and took away the most reliable way that survivors could know that he was coming. That's a cheap change. That's like buffing Trickster by making him 10 percent faster and reducing the amount of knives it takes to down a survivor to just one. That wouldn't be a fair change that adjusts the balance to be equitable, it would be a change that simply turns up how powerful a killer is without adjusting anything else to accommodate or balance that change.

That's how I feel about Wraith. It's not that I'm against him being buffed, it's that his buffs feel cheap. Instead of having to ring the bell and take a couple of seconds to catch up to a survivor who at least has a chance to start running, the Wraith can now just appear right next to a survivor, uncloak silently, and smack him into the injured state, even if the survivor acts fast enough to try to run as soon as he sees the blur bearing down on him. It's too unfair an advantage. There's no counterplay. It's the same thing people complain about when they talk about Spirit: You basically just have to guess, she's too hard to counter accurately when she goes invisible, she has little to no tell, etc. I mean I've now had COUNTLESS matches against the Wraith where I'm doing a gen, trying to focus on not blowing it up, trying not to be distracted by other players running into frame or screaming in the distance, all while looking all over my shoulders for a sudden blur to appear. But there's hardly any reason to bother, because once the blur us on my screen it's too late. I can - and have - gotten up and fled so fast that I didn't even give the blur time to form into the Wraith, yet boom, I still get whacked from behind anyway.

I've said before: Let him uncloak silently, or let him have his super fast lunge. Not both.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I hate the Plague. Being barfed on isnโ€™t scary; itโ€™s just annoying and gross. Her character design is great, but I hate her power.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I think dead hard is a crutch perk used as a third health sate and shouldn't exist in the first place.

The same goes for NOED with killers.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

SWF is not half as OP as a lot of people make them out to be. People just need to be more willing to learn their mistakes and where they went wrong when playing Killer versus those groups.

(I should note, of course a super good, hyper coordinated SWF are the most OP thing in this game, as tournament squads and top tier SWFs prove, but they're such a small minority, and I think people give the term 'SWF' way more power then it really has in most games.)

• uncreative_username
    uncreative_username Member Posts: 85

DH shouldn't be nerfed, it's not that bad to go against, just take the pain of getting DH'd on and move on.

Everyone I see on forums make it sound like DH summons a god pallet or window, yea sometimes it can steal a kill from you, but that's the whole point of dead hard, to save the survivor.

• uncreative_username

Agreed, I think there are some things that are better for killer and some things better for survivor, but overall balanced

• uncreative_username

YOU MONSTER

IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE ANY LOGICAL SENSE

ALL THE CEREAL JUST FLOATS

YOU GET LIKE NO CEREAL

• VioletCrimes

Oh, here we go: the tombstones are way to OP. No killer should be able to instantly kill you the first time they grab you without you even being hooked once.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

That's ok I don't like to use a whole lot of milk anyways.

• uncreative_username

I mean, I don't even have myers, but from what I've seen, it's a looooong charge up

• VioletCrimes

It always happens to me where itโ€™s been a long match and Iโ€™ve been pretty good at evading him, and then he catches me out of nowhere and just stabs of ######### on me. I donโ€™t feel like thatโ€™s very balanced.

• uncreative_username

Well then that's because your teammates sucked at avoiding him then, or your team didn't do gens quick enough

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited June 2021

~ Survivors should have the ability to immobalize the killer without the use of a resource or tool.

~ Nurse is completely conceptually broken. No overwhelming nerf will do justice, she is conceptually broken. No one should be able to avoid everything a survivor has at their disposal, other than random mind games.

~ SWFs are fine, killers just need to be given more information to be able to compete against them.

~ Itโ€™s okay to be add on dependent.

~ Blight is stupid

~ Demogorgon is still massively underrated and his basically high A+ tier.

~ Not that it is underrated, but unheard of: The entity needs to prioritize gen regression perks for killers, and many gen regression perks should become general perks.

~ Iโ€™m a killer main, but I somehow have a survivor sided brain.

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

The counterplay to camper killers is gen rush. To tunnelers is gen rush. To tombstone Myers is gen rush. To oni is gen rush. To spirit is gen rush. Then killers cry because survs gen rush. So devs overbuff killers, and the solution is to gen rush. So the fair solution is nerf every killer and add another objective for survs.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,194

Hag is hugely overrated and most Hag players haven't faced a team who knows how to play against Hag. 1k max with optimal counterplay.

• VioletCrimes

If youโ€™re ######### around at the exit gate or hatch (window vaulting, pallet sliding, teabagging) instead of leaving and especially if youโ€™re the last person left, and the killer downs and hooks you, you deserved that for being a #########.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Myers is not one of the weakest killers in the game. He is not even in the bottom five. He could definitely use some buffs, but in his current state he is not a contender for one of the bottom level killers. People who struggle that bad like trying to get out of tier 1 are just not playing him correctly, IMO.

Scott Jund did a great comprehensive video last month defending Mikey;

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Spine Chill is stupid and I'd be happy if it got nerfed.

And there shouldn't be any gen progression perks

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Ok I'll bite; why are you against gen regression perks?

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Gen progression

Gen regression could be touched as well.

Personally, I think if there were no Gen progressions perks and if some regression perks were looked at as well it would make the game more engaging.

Slowdown would be a definite must to be looked at

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

That DbD needs competition in order to improve. It doesn't, it just needs actual game Devs that do Game Dev things instead of whatever BHVR does. You don't need others to push you to be better you gotta want to be better for yourself before others want something good for you.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

The game is balanced and the comp scene hurts it as a whole.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Detectives Hunch is the most overrated perk in the game and is borderline useless to good players. I don't understand the love of it and how people are saying it's "underrated." It shows you things you should probably know already within not a great distance for only 10 seconds. There are far better information perks like Windows of Opportunity (which can be life saving at times), Kindred (a perk I also think is a bit overrated but it's at least useful), even Wake Up! (if you weren't paying attention to exit gate locations, this also can save lives with a neat bonus speed to opening exit gates). It's not even Tapp's best perk, it's his worst. Tenacity has some fun build opportunities and Stake Out is great for newer players and it makes gens progress faster.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Solo and SWF should be their own rankings

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,402
  • GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,402

I had already commented on this thread. Just replied to myself in there :)

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Most CJ techs are unimpressive to watch. Crossmap Huntress snipes against the unhooker or unhookee are even less impressive.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Unbreakable shouldn't pick you up and recover faster.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Plunderers is decent

• SacrilegeGG
    SacrilegeGG Member Posts: 85

Video content creators should be allowed to be Fog Whisperers too, not just streamers.

๐Ÿ˜ˆ