If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Malicous buff

Options
RagingCalm
RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

This Emblem for Killers is kind of useless, when you think about it. The only way achieve irridescent is to hook everybody 3 times, and you have to make sure you never insta-down. However, the whole idea of the emblem is to reward the Killer for keeping the survivors on their toes, and spreading out the damage. It is supposed to offer a different playstyle(that is the whole idea behind the Emblem system itself, offering multiple different playstyles and allowing you to pip by playing them).
However, the fact that you lose points for survivors healing basically negates that playstyle. If you down all 4 survivors but one gets up with Unbreakable and manages to revive the whole team, sure, it may have been your fault for letting them get back up, but the fact still stands that you downed all 4 survivors, and that certainly counts as keeping the survivors on their toes. You should be rewarded greatly for that, but since you lose all points when they heal, you only get the points for hooking them. There is a great difference between hooking 4 people in a spread out manner, and downing 4 people at once and hooking only 1 or 2. Downing them all at once requires much more skill, as you must juggle all 4 survivors at once.
The point is, this Emblem needs a slight rework that will reward Killers for spreading out the damage and making big plays.
My idea for this follows -
The game will keep track of how long a survivor is injured/downed. When a survivor is healed, the Killer only loses a percentage of the points he gained from hitting them. The points that he gets to keep scales with how long the survivor was injured/downed. You get slightly more points kept from being healed from downed. It will work in such a way that after a certain amount of time, if the survivor is healed then the Killer keeps all the points he got from hitting them.
Just another thought that even I don't know how I feel about, but perhaps if a survivor escapes injured/downed then you lose the points you got from hitting them? I don't know, just putting it out there.
Of course, my exact rework does not have to be used, but it is just simply an idea to follow. Another idea is basically to reward a great amount of points for a fresh hook, reward little to no points for a state change(fresh to struggle, struggle to dead) while on hook(basically camping), and reward little to no points for a death hook. Reward a decent amount of points for hooking someone on to struggle a second time. This also follows the idea of rewarding a Killer for playing for fun/spreading out the damage.

Comments

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

Also, I think that this should not include interrupts.

• MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Spot on in my eyes. I always thought the idea of losing the points upon them being healed in general was the most counter-intuitive thing I've ever seen in my life. The general idea of gaining points,say, every second, the survivor is injured, downed, or hooked is so much better to me. Just that general concept being applied in some way I think could make the emblem so much better.