We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The Survivor's Hitboxes vs. Huntress' Hatchets.

Options

I was watching a quick video of some guy on youtube playing The Huntress when I noticed one thing:

The survivor's hitboxes against her hatchets are extremely wide and here's proof:

https://prnt.sc/jrutpi
https://prnt.sc/jrutzu

The first screenshot is the hatchet being shown thrown,
the second is showing the survivor being hit.

I'll further explain:

Notice how The Claudette is more to the left than where the hatchet actually is being thrown, which is directly inbetween the tire AND the character, not at all hitting the character? There is a huge gap inbetween obviously expecting the hatchet to go right through it and missing the survivor.

I'm afraid not: because of hitboxes.

The second screenshot shows her getting injured by it, while also showing TWO different bloodsplats. One exactly perpendicular to the hatchet although there's NOTHING THERE but a gap, and the second bloodsplat which is the proper one when hit into injured state as a survivor.

She did NOT move to the right into the hatchet, the timeframes are milliseconds apart. She had moved more to the left actually.
I mean, just take a look at the screenshots, it's so obvious the hatchet shouldn't of injured that survivor.

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Huntresses hatches are inconsistent as ######### for both sides.

Half the time I'll be wondering why did that hit or didn't hit.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    Huntresses hatches are inconsistent as ######### for both sides.

Half the time I'll be wondering why did that hit or didn't hit.

They're sooooooooooo bad

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

Notice how in the first screenshot she is behind the huge rock. In the second she is in front of it. This proves that she had to have moved to the right, into the hatchet, then simply messed up and when moving back to the left, overcorrected causing herself to run into the rock, into the Killer.
    The actual problem with Huntress is when the hatchets clearly go right through survivors, but they just don't care. Another huge problem is that the hatchets automatically go way below where you throw them, forcing you to look nearly straight up if you want to throw it over an obstacle like a box in a loop. Also, if you throw a hatchet at the survivor while vaulting certain windows, the hatchet automatically aims itself towards the bottom of the windowsill, regardless of where you aimed it.

• RepliCant
    edited June 2018
    Options

@RagingCalm said:
    Notice how in the first screenshot she is behind the huge rock. In the second she is in front of it. This proves that she had to have moved to the right, into the hatchet, then simply messed up and when moving back to the left, overcorrected causing herself to run into the rock, into the Killer.
    The actual problem with Huntress is when the hatchets clearly go right through survivors, but they just don't care. Another huge problem is that the hatchets automatically go way below where you throw them, forcing you to look nearly straight up if you want to throw it over an obstacle like a box in a loop. Also, if you throw a hatchet at the survivor while vaulting certain windows, the hatchet automatically aims itself towards the bottom of the windowsill, regardless of where you aimed it.

Uhhh, she didn't fully go behind the rock. You must be visually fooled by the rock's shadows. She absolutely did not turn right at any single point given inbetween the hatchet thrown + the hit. He completely moved left before the hatchet was thrown. No way did he move slightly to the right. Therefore: Hitbox.

I mean, really? Yeah those are problems with the Huntress that need fixing, but it's so ######### evident in those screenshots the hatchet didn't even hit her, and you're just stating the problems with the huntress of the complete opposite while completely disregarding the problem the original post was about.

Fix the hitboxes, period. All of them and not just the ones that miss the survivors yet hit them anyway. But cmon, don't disregard what is literally screenshotted with evident proof.......

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5JK1M3nRxU

Start at 15:05 and consistently unpause and pause the video, and you'll see she starts right, moves left, but no where inbetween went left-right-left. And it's perfectly shown the hatchet should've missed.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

@Brady hm. I guess I must have looked at it wrong. DAMNED SHADOWS!!! In all seriousness though, I never stated that hatchets can hit survivors that were not in the way. I was just thinking that she actually did walk back into it, sorry. I absolutely do agree that all hitbox problems with her should be fixed.

• RepliCant
    Options

@RagingCalm said:
    @Brady hm. I guess I must have looked at it wrong. DAMNED SHADOWS!!! In all seriousness though, I never stated that hatchets can hit survivors that were not in the way. I was just thinking that she actually did walk back into it, sorry. I absolutely do agree that all hitbox problems with her should be fixed.

My post feels salty now in reply to yours :P Mb, but yeah they need to fix ALLLLL of them. There's times when I play survivor and I'm like... that should've hit me.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Her axes do seem off both when playing survivor and playing as ehr and you know it should'e missed or when her hit but goes through the,

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

A lot of it has to do with latency.
    But then the devs are pretty much incompetent when it comes to hitboxes. They admitted that the killer weapon he uses by M1 does not work via hit box registration. No, instead they had to define a "hitcone" in front of the killer, if you attack with the survivor within that cone, then the weapon is directed towards the survivor and hits him, pathetic isnt it?

And then there are the truck hitboxes in auto haven, but thats a different story^^

rainbow six is a good example, you were able to shoot a guy behind a wall due to the netcode, in DBD we still are in stone age and use P2P, so well.... how is that gonna work out :lol:

• RepliCant
    Options

@Master said:
    A lot of it has to do with latency.
    But then the devs are pretty much incompetent when it comes to hitboxes. They admitted that the killer weapon he uses by M1 does not work via hit box registration. No, instead they had to define a "hitcone" in front of the killer, if you attack with the survivor within that cone, then the weapon is directed towards the survivor and hits him, pathetic isnt it?

And then there are the truck hitboxes in auto haven, but thats a different story^^

rainbow six is a good example, you were able to shoot a guy behind a wall due to the netcode, in DBD we still are in stone age and use P2P, so well.... how is that gonna work out :lol:

Hahahahaha I love this post.

Silly Peer to Peer servers. They stated it was "too hard" to switch to dedicated in their Q&A on youtube. Let's be honest, the time should be put forth better servers and better gameplay than cosmetics and new content. You release that stuff after your game has been polished.

Maybe that's why survivors get hit after that vault through a window too... And omg I know the truck is horrible, I feel bad for the huntresses and the trucks.