Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Mute Focus disabled with Steam overlay

gst
gst Member Posts: 3

ISSUE:

MUTE FOCUS becoming turned off when exiting Steam overlay

STEPS:

-Have MUTE FOCUS enabled.

-Click on a player's profile to bring up their Steam profile.

-Exit back to DBD by clicking the "Click here to return to the game" header at the top of the screen.

-MUTE FOCUS is now turned off.

This also works if you have other apps running. ex: I have Slay the Spire running in the background. MUTE FOCUS is enabled on DBD. I check someones profile, it brings up their window on the overlay which ALSO brings it up on Slay the Spire. If I tab to Slay the Spire and click on the header up top, it will disable MUTE FOCUS in DBD so that DBD's sound will start playing in the background.

This started happening a few major patches ago. I'd guess it was around when the Twins launched, but I'm not exactly sure. I know this wasn't always a thing because I've always had MUTE FOCUS on and I've been playing for years.

OTHER:

This happens the first time each new lobby you join. If you disable MUTE FOCUS with the above steps, then reenable it and try it again using the overlay in the SAME LOBBY, it won't disable MUTE FOCUS. It will only happen again once you enter into a new game/lobby.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated