The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

ll

ZinoRyf
ZinoRyf Member Posts: 12
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

mlklkllll

Post edited by ZinoRyf on

Comments

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

It actually very much should stay invisible.

That way the players have no chance of being able to reverse engineer the system. Nothing good happens when players are able to do that.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

If they are gonna do it then it should be visible otherwise how in the ######### will there ever be any standard for A. how the system works to begin with and B. know where the hell people fall in the grand scheme of it

• gilgamer

It should very much so be visible. I for one have almost zero faith that bhvr will actually make a decent mmr system and if it just stays as invisible numbers in the backend that players have no way of seeing then it could honestly still be based off of ranks and we wouldn't even know it. MMR is already gonna make the game sweatier on average why not at least let me see where I stand in the grand scheme of the player base so I can have at least some feeling of progressing.

• FFirebrandd

I'd much rather take a gamble on Bhvr making a solid invisible MMR system over gambling on the player base not finding ways to exploit a visible MMR system. The first of those may or may not happen. The second 100% going to happen and the results will suck.

Besides... Dead By Daylight is not and has never been a competitive game. All a visible MMR system will do is encourage people to sweat for those sweet sweet number increases.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

The actual number should not be visible, but having a visual indication in which bracket you reside isn't a bad idea. Let those that reach the highest bracket have the ability to showboat their achievement.

• gilgamer

People are going to get more competitive anyways and MMR will do that I guarantee it, honestly the way I think it should be done if they implement it at all, I'd rather it only be used in a separate queue system

• FFirebrandd

Honestly I don't think it'll get that much more competitive. A decent chunk of the community probably won't care about it if they can't see it. If it is visible, it'll be 1000% worse if players can see it. However I honestly cannot se bhvr splitting the playerbase like that.

• Spill
    Spill Member Posts: 235

I think it should be visible because how else can we know if its even working? How do we provide feedback?

It sounds like Behavior wants to shut us up. Keep us in the dark.

• gilgamer

I honestly think that if they put in an mmr without having separate queues this game will die or become significantly worse.