Perk levels should be removed

Options
Murph
Murph Member Posts: 43
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The grind is insane. Even though it gets worse and worse every chapter, bloodwebs and the insurmountable grind of DBD hasn't been changed in years

There's 84 killer perks and 95 survivor perks. If you want every perk on a character you'll spend dozens of hours of gametime grinding for hundreds of bloodwebs (after already going through 150 bloodwebs to get to p350).

I think the biggest issue with the grind is that it's artificially inflated 3x by perk levels. The grind to level 40 isn't all that bad, prestige's existence can be ignored, but shelling out millions and millions for the rng chance of getting perks you want until you finally have them all is just plain stupid. Removing perk levels would cut down on the grind SO MUCH and there's already not much reason for them to exist. Imagine if DBD released with all of its content today instead of 2016. It's easy to say the grind's not that bad when you have three thousand hours and have played for years but for new players and players who have been gone for more than three month's it's just plain stupid.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

With there now being over 150 perks in the game, I'm astonished that the devs haven't done this yet, they can't expect new players to start playing if they don't make the game much more welcoming than it currently is.

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153
    Options

I agree, its dumb in my opinion to have levels to perks especially if you already have level 3 then you see level 1 in the web

• Jaffycake
    Jaffycake Member Posts: 56
    Options

I dno about the levels beng removed but when i spend millions of BP on a new killer and still don't have T1 BBQ and Chilli, something seems wrong.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Remove them

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Yep, totally agree...and I expect that our comments and feedback will keep being ignored.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

There isn't even any grind. You can easily get every single perk maxed out on every character and you can have ultra rare items on every game and you still have bloopoints pouring out of your ears + added bonus all the bloodpoint bonuses. If anything, they should make it slower to get perks and items to make the game little more balanced.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,429
    Options

Are... Are you playing the same game as us? By your statement, you seem to have gotten all perks maxed out on Nemesis not even a day after his release, possibly even P3'd him, AND gotten all his perks on ALL killers maxed out. Same goes for Leon & Jill and all their perks.

Either you are trolling, or you have not slept last night.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options
  • OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

What would the grind be replaced with then? The game is very unchanging most of the time and the grind is one of the only "things" to do in this game once the core gameplay gets boring.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    Options

Perk tiers are absolutely useless

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,222
    edited June 2021
    Options

Nah, we can leave it. Doesn't make that much of a difference.

Edit: Unless this means that green perks will return to green. Then we can do it!

• Rullisi
    Options

I haven't and you aren't supposed to be able to max out everything so fast anyway. This is one of the problems why this game is so unbalanced

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,429
    Options

Then you admit there is a grind. You are contradicting your previous post.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

My suggestion to remedy this would be to only have the 1st tier of the perk show up in the bloodweb, and once you have it unlocked you can spend bloodpoints to tier it up to 2 and 3.

This way it wouldn't impact the overall economy but allow you to focus on the perks you wanted more.

You could even tie some simple challenges to them such as to tier up Empathy you might have to heal 3 survivors and once the challenge is complete you spend some BP to level it up.

• Rullisi
    Options

No. It is totally reasonable that you have to spend a little time to actually earn perks and items. I said that there isn't any grind, but I mean is that there should be more of it compared to whatever we have now. The problem lies where people expect that they should be able to have 100% everything pretty much on first day, unlocked. If we had old bloodpoint trees where it actually takes time and there would be some actual grind, that would actually make common perks and items and add-ons common and ultra rare and broken op items or builds wouldn't be as common as they are today. Bloopoints are way too inflated. I admit, the way we currently earn new perks that we actually want is too random, though, but at least we now have up to 3 or 4 in one web now which is good.

• Tempest753
    Tempest753 Member Posts: 50
    Options

Perks need way more attention than they're currently getting.

Perk tiers make grinding for perks insufferable once you've unlocked lots of teachables, and it's magnified by the fact that most perks are total garbage. Perk tiers need to be removed, and some of the many garbage perks need either total reworks or sizeable buffs.