Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nintendo Switch - Frequent Crashes/Freezes After Newest Update

pepsiheadass
pepsiheadass Member Posts: 5

Recreation of bug/glitch

Step 1 : Boot the game as normal

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match, doesn't seem to matter which one

Step 3 : In-game, play as normal

Step 4 : Game crashes frequently at random, some games will not cause crashing or freezing, some will.

• Seems to happen completely independent of choice of survivor, perks, and or cosmetics
  • I have only had this happen against nemesis, however I have only played against nemesis in the matches I attempted to get in, and I have heard it happens against other killers as well
  • I have also heard of it happening on killer side as well, completely independent of the killer being played
  • This also appears to be unrelated to the new map, as during all crashes and freezes the new map was disabled and unplayable
  • I genuinely have no clue what causes this, as it seems to happen completely independent of any in-game events (doesn't occur when gens are completed, or a specific number is left, doesn't seem to happen from the use of any items or powers, although i may be wrong?)
  • The main issue with this and why I do not have any images to provide of it is that is happens completely at random, but frequently, and forces you to disconnect, which in turn gives matchmaking bans. I am at a 6 hour ban already just from trying to play around this glitch. Its upsetting to pay for a DLC and not even being able to play it without fear of getting banned over and over. At the very least get rid of DC penalties for the time being, as it's now downright unplayable.

7 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Djangersol
    Djangersol Member Posts: 6

I am having this issue as well, specifically at a much higher rate when I play killer. Game just crashes and says "software closed due to unknown error"