Saboteur (Perk) Buff/Rework

Options

I tested the new sabotage mechanic today, with only a yellow toolbox and a brown charge addon, without the perk. It is now completely viable! Thing is - the 30 seconds provided by the perk are not enough to justify to take it on top of your toolbox. These are not what lack the current sabotage mechanic. What refrains people to use this mechanic is that it is very tactical to put perfectly, as opposed to other mechanics.

I propose the following rework:

Sabotage now has an effect similar to All Seing - Spirit: it now shows how close hooks are to fully recover from their 3 minutes of sabotage. It will help to know which area is soon to be unsafe again. As proposed by McLean in a previous stream, hook auras will be displayed in red to help a tactical sabo. Hence, hook auras will fade from white (freshly sabotaged) to red (hook available for the killer).

There is no bonus to the sabotage timer anymore as a way to balance this perk.

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

Do you like being slugged though?

According to my experience, survivors get really salty when you slugg them and if they they bleed out, its like world ends :lol:

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    Options

Honestly, all Saboteur needs is a 50% speed across all tiers, and make Hangman's Trick trump the increased time.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

According to my experience, survivors get really salty when you slugg them and if they they bleed out, its like world ends :lol:

I actually liked being slugged, there has been many situations where I would've been sacrificed since I'm on my final hook but the killer gives me another chance to be rescued by my survivor teammates!
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

I mean, it's the whole point of sabotage mechanic. Not to be hooked. You also have combos available with Unbreakable, Tenacity, No Mither.

@CoolAKn said:
    Honestly, all Saboteur needs is a 50% speed across all tiers, and make Hangman's Trick trump the increased time.

When I tested the sabotage mechanic alone, it was already very fast to my surprise, and barely consumed the toolbox. I don't think it's what is really needed for Sabotage. Also, I removed the increased timer, because obviously my change will bring back Sabotage to a common tool, and killers need to have some way to hard counter it since they give up 1/4 perk slots against a team of 16 perk slots.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@Soren said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

I mean, it's the whole point of sabotage mechanic. Not to be hooked. You also have combos available with Unbreakable, Tenacity, No Mither.

@CoolAKn said:

When I tested the sabotage mechanic alone, it was already very fast to my surprise, and barely consumed the toolbox. I don't think it's what is really needed for Sabotage. Also, I removed the increased timer, because obviously my change will bring back Sabotage to a common tool, and killers need to have some way to hard counter it since they give up 1/4 perk slots against a team of 16 perk slots.

I know, but all survivors will go ham when you slugg them after they sabo hooks.
    In their minds, you are supposed to try carrying them over the whole map to a hook just that they can wiggle out for a free escape

The whole idea of sabotaging is a giant flaw if you ask me, nobody likes bleeding out on the floor spining circles and waiting