Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Steam - Personal Server Disconnections

YaB0iSt0rm
YaB0iSt0rm Member Posts: 36

After playing Dead by Daylight for over a half hour, I noticed some significant lagback and teleportation while other player's movement and interactions were notably stable. Most of my personal interactions were stalled and delayed ingame until my client declared the server as offline, granting me my earned bloodpoints and safety pipping regardless of emblem status. Upon returning to the lobby, I am disconnected and not allowed to reconnect for server connection failure, requiring me to restart my game. I tested my internet and noticed no disruptions in my service. This bug hasn't occurred before in the last 3 weeks (approx. 80 gameplay hours). Attached is the last 3 saved logs from the game in which I was disconnected and 2 clips from one disconnect displaying the issue. Bear in mind, I cannot upload an mp4 to the forum, requiring the clips to be sent via Google Drive.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

each tuesday steam does a server maintenance that causes these issues

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

This does sound like the regular Steam maintenance which happens every week on a Tuesday (depending on your location - it's around 11pm BST).

• YaB0iSt0rm
    YaB0iSt0rm Member Posts: 36

That is only true when Steam does its maintenance starting 7PM EST while this was occurring and recorded a couple hours prior. My entire Steam friends list was active at the time without any displays of lag or maintenance.