Overcharge Buff Idea

Options
Professor_Fizz
Professor_Fizz Member Posts: 96
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

All you have to do to make overcharge a decent perk is remove the fact that it starts a skill check. Just make it a blast mine equivalent for killers, they touch the gen after it's kicked, it explodes in their face. Would also be a great perk to stop gen tapping as well.

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Except Blast Mine requires 66% of progress to be made for one use, whereas Overcharge has no prerequisites or cool down.

• Professor_Fizz
    Options

A cool down would be a good idea, but it couldn't be too long or the perk ends up in the same position it's at now. 30 seconds, as well as a time limit in how long overcharge lasts on a gen, which could also be 30 seconds, would be a fair balance I think. It could force survivors to move to other gens.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

We technically do have that. Dragon's Grip. Just instead of regression you give exposed.

Not saying that's a good perk, your Overcharge would clearly be stronger than current Dragon's Grip.

• Professor_Fizz
    Options

The problem with dragon's grip is that you could be halfway across the map when it goes off, and then the person just hides the entire duration out. Even then, I never see killers using dragon's grip unless it's a new blight or something. With an overcharge Buff like this, it'll become at most, off meta. It's not like it would be on the level of corrupt or pop in terms of gen control.

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290
    Options

i like the idea of when you start to repair a regressing gen, the perk activates just so it combos with surge/ruin and other regressing perks. I'd totally run Hex luli, undying, ruin, and overcharge. That would be pretty dope.