We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Can we,Survivor mains, have a stupid Nemesis nerf? He is not even fun to go against.

jadss
jadss Member Posts: 207

read the title.. I don't have to say a simple word....

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

3 hits per chase, you get sprint burst twice and still he's annoying? I need a clip of you playing as him.

• joeyjordisonsnipples
    joeyjordisonsnipples Member Posts: 21

In my opinion Nemesis feels balanced.

Takes three m2 attacks and has 115% speed. Dodging his tentacle feels the same as huntress, except the hitboxes are smaller. If anything I'm on the side of buffing Nemesis on the basis of giving him more zombies.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I think the zombies do more damage than Nemesis himself

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 767

Fun is not an argument.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

You'll get better one day dont worry new player! Most killers are weak and fun to verse when you learn how to play

• Spencerjnlouis
    Spencerjnlouis Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2021

If anything Nemesis needs a buff #########? If you just want to escape the match by pressing one button, just say it.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

He's very similar to Oni or Myers. He builds his power. At the start he invert weak and can be a pain to tier up. Luckily I usually get survivors that aren't paying attention or just afk and can tier up quickly...

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

I am main survivor. I don´t think nemesis is OP. When he gets phase 2 he is problematic as he can break pallets very fast.

The zombies can be totally useless or very annoying when they stop you from cleaning a totem, prevent you from working on a gen or blocking loops. This thing feels a bit random, but I wouldn´t tag nemesis as OP.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Nemesis nerf and "no fun"?

I guess we live in different dimensions. Tell me, what did BHVR do in your dimension to make Nemesis unfun and nerf deserving.

In my dimension Nemesis gives you 2 sprints per chase or is just a M1 killer that can be looped. He offers interesting play at pallets and low loops and his zombies are a massive laughing stock, great comedy. For me Nemesis is fine and while I think he could get a little buff I would wait a second with this until people figure out all of the stuff you can do with him.

But nerfs? To what? Braindead zombies? In this case we need to nerf SoloQ survivors too...

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I've read the title but I don't understand what you want. Could you be more specific about what you think is unfun and should be nerfed?

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Only two things bother me with Nemesis:

1) His tentacle whips down but it acts like a projectile. Totally messes with my head lmao

2) It's cool that he carries us differently, but with DS in mind, do we stab him in the cheek now?

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 941

He doesn't need a nerf tell me why you think he needs a nerf love to know

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

He's not an OP killer he's more in need of QoL

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I love playing against Nemesis. His ability adds an extra objective to the match and he spawns in zombies. I mean he's literally the coolest killer in the game. Also, he's freaking Nemesis! Whoever thought you'd see him in DBD? :D

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I never understood why people thought he was unfun haha, he changes the meta a bit, old maps that have infinites become much harder (not impossible) to run, and the tentacle is rewarding but counterable.

I've seen people complain that you can't dodge it when in reality it's just a hatchet combined with Pyramid Head's ground wave. It's just that combo, you just gotta shake it up a bit and start treating him like Huntress. I've had people do that to me and it works

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

you actually DO have to say a single word...probably more....like some...oh idk arguments?

also I love going against Nemesis sooo you are wrong.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I love playing against Nemesis. The hilarious Zombie interactions alone have made it more fun going against a killer than anyone introduced in a while. 😆

I played against a Nemesis recently who was running the add-on that respawns Zombies in the exit gates after the last gen is done. Opened a gate while injured and Nemesis was headed for me, popped the gate -- and got downed by the Zombie waiting on the other side! I couldn't even be mad-- it was hilarious! 🤣

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

entitled killer main right here!

it clearly needs to be 25 because 17 doesn't 100% assure the survivors escape!1

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

a stupid nerf here you go : When both zombies are destroyed, Nemesis cannot attack until the zombies respawn.

You asked for stupid i give you stupid :D

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Instead of chasing survivors, now zombies can repair generators.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I think the ability to invalidate looping with his ability to hit through pallets and windows is problematic. Not that he's necessarily strong but totally negating looping ends with survivors running in a straight line because it's more efficient for the survivor. It leads to boring game play and is a problem.

• Munqaxus

But Freddy actually was nerfed because he was unfun for many survivors.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,264

Which obviously failed, because that wasn't his problem. Like I said, a nerf doesn't fix something that is "unfun".

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

No. Nemesis has very limited range, a very thin attack box and gives you a free sprint burst so you're not caught out of position.

Just play against him like you would against Huntress if she only had 5-6m range.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Freddy was nerfed because his kill rates were high.

Other "unfun" killers have not been touched. Like Deathslinger or Clown. Fun clearly isn't a major thing they look at.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

As a killer main, not only is he difficult to play decently, but he's so ######### easy to dominate. Ive singlehandidly ran multiple different nemisis players for multiple gens. I can barely even loop.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
  • Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

To both my wife and me, he seems very fast. He's hooking someone and it feels like 3 seconds later, he's over here across the map punching me in the ****. I've gone against a number of them that don't tentacle at all, just run around punching stuff, usually me.

As a side note, for some reason even playing as survivor his clomping footfalls are entertaining and fun to hear, somehow. Also menacing.

• Munqaxus

It definitely did improve the fun of playing Freddy and playing against Freddy. And it was done because he was unfun to go against as survivors.

• GeneralV

Yeah, right... 10 pallets to 7 pallets. "Fun".

And no, the nerf did not improve the fun of playing as or against him. And I play this killer almost exclusively.

• Munqaxus

The "nerf" that removed Freddy's invisibility. It ended up being a complete rework but it was brought about because it was not fun to play against for survivors.

• DwarvenTavern

Huntress and Pyramid Head exist, why is now all of sudden that Nemesis suuuckks to go against? I don't nearly see as much belly aching for those two then I do for Nemesis and those two have been out for much longer.

It's just be "new killer frustrating, help me syndrome" it happens to many people, but eventually.. we all adapt. I say all loosely though. Not saying you're one of them, but there are just some people who will sit there and beg for nerfs.

• GeneralV

Which invisibility? Freddy is still invisible to awake survivors when he is farther than 32 metres away. Unless you are talking about Old Freddy's invisibility, but the main reason for that stupid failure of a rework were complaints from killers that did not bother to take time and learn to play him properly.

• Munqaxus

I'm just saying that running in a straight line is the best strategy again Nemesis because he invalidates looping so efficiently. He can hit through windows and pallets. And if he hits you through a pallet, he also breaks the pallet. Can he also hit through walls?

Pyramid Head does about the same but at least has a slight delay, where you can see where his power is able to hit. Huntress isn't that big of a deal because she runs out of hatchets. Nemesis and Pyramid Head never run out of their power, so why try and loop them when running in a straight line is more efficient? In fact, you pretty much can't loop either one of them, so why do it.

• DwarvenTavern

I gotta digest this.

1.) Don't just run in a straight line, duck and dive if possible, I remember having this debate with Coal. If you make them miss, you have almost three seconds to get some distance. Him missing a punch is significantly quicker than him missing a whip. So if he only whips, use that to your advantage and waste his time.

2.) When it comes to the pallet, it prioritizes someone who's on the other end of the pallet, zombie or survivor, it doesn't hurt and break the pallet at the same time. It seemed like poor wording, but I said this nonetheless just incase you think that.

3.) No it doesn't hit through walls, but it can hit over them, so crouch.

4.) It's significantly harder to hit these then Huntress or Pyramid Head's in terms of hit boxes, so while it does seem he doesn't have delay, he certainly does. That, and it takes three hits instead of two. So you have a free sprint burst with only .25 "seconds" of hindrance.

5.) If it's easy for you to dodge Huntress' hatchets while you believe she has more, why is it impossible to train yourself to essentially go against a Huntress with unlimited hatchets since that's what Nemesis essentially is.

6.) Again, don't do that thing you just said. You only really do that if they're faaarrr back, but if they're gaining on you, don't just quit and keep running in a straight line.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

4 man escape with no hooks is fun.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

I feel Nemesis is very fun and fair to go against. I really enjoy to play against him and his zombies. The zombies generate very funnies moments in several different ways.

Please leave him as he is now.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

He is not OP, but he is extremely, EXTREMELY boring to face.

Luckily there is not that much Nemesis out there.