Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we pause the timer on the reverse bear traps while we're rummaging through the billy boxes?

dougfunny
dougfunny Member Posts: 1
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The mend timer is paused while we're mending, so why not pause it for the hats as well?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• STARS_truck
    STARS_truck Member Posts: 74

Pig is an extremely boring and unfair killer for new people playing the game. Most of the time people get their first trap and are then tunnelled out of the game. She should be limited to force you to go to three boxes max.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

I dont have anything to add that others havent said except that when you get better at the game youll run circles around ms piggg. Literally. Just dont forget to boop the snoot on your way out :)

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325

So this game is "balanced" as a swf vs a killer so all arguments about survivor sidedness only apply to swf not brain dead solo queue. Also, some of the most prevalent killer mains in this community have said recently that there is a certain pig combo of addons that needs something done about it because it will kill at least 1 person in a game without you doing anything past giving them their first hat and is unbalanced. Otzdarva literally has a whole video on why its broken and needs adjustment and he's better than 99% of the killer mains that post on this forum.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

So, because there's an addon that will get at least 1 kill; it's broken? Her power, which should have a chance of killing, is OP if it gets a kill?

That's...kind of the Survivor main mentality in a nutshell, on these forums. 🤔

• STARS_truck

"The amount of time it takes to mend is also a much more significant fraction of the mend timer than the amount of time it takes to search a box is for the reverse bear trap timer."

Massive lie?

You need to go to the box and then complete the skill checks and see if it comes off, hoping nobody has popped a gen. Why should The Pig be guaranteed a kill? It's a great time wasting tool but her add ons make it ridiculous.

• InsatiableMop

I referenced a very popular and widely regarded as skilled killer main saying those addons need reworking. I didn't say the power needs reworking.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Nah Pig's traps are pretty easy to get off if she doesn't spend the entire game chasing you and only you. The timer is pretty generous I feel.

• InsatiableMop

yeah usually has plenty of time. just one combo that it will kill you before you make it to your 4th box even if you hit all great skill-checks quite often.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I'm talking about the action timer itself, not the entire search. Also, yes. Mend timer is 20s and mending itself takes, what, 10s? That's half of the bar, meaning that if you bled out half of the timer and then started to mend, if it didn't freeze, you wouldn't be able to save yourself and you'd be downed no matter what. The RBT timer is default 150 seconds. Searching a box takes about a tenth of that? Most of the time is spent running from box to box.

Pig is anything but guaranteed kills. Have you ever played her? She's one of the least reliable killers in the game. If you don't distress survivors yourself, and you don't have a magical confluence of factors including map size and relative distance, lethality addons, and the survivor's trap being in the last box they'll search (because without pressuring the survivor, all three of these need to happen in order to get a trap kill), the only way you will ever get a head pop is if the survivor is stupid and doesn't know what the red symbol around their icon means. There is more than enough time for a survivor to run to and search all four boxes. The Pig has to apply pressure to get a kill, and that's a massive waste of her time unless she finds a survivor that has already been unlucky and prevents them from finishing the final leg of their search.

I'm not going to deny Crate of Gears, Jigsaw's Sketch, and Tampered Timer could use a look at, particularly how they stack with each other, but you seem under the impression that Pig is much more dangerous than she is. These addons do not guarantee trap kills on their own. If you get an outdoor map that isn't I-shaped? If survivors don't get massively unlucky and they find their key within the first 3 boxes? You won't be getting random headpops as Pig. The lethality addons don't guarantee kills, they enable kills, which will not happen on their own unless survivors horribly mismanage their time.

• Edgars_Raven

Couple things

Number 1) the best pig in the world doesnt think theyre broken/op. They would have the same effect as noed if people used them more "does this pig have tampered timer? Shoukd i do gens or get this thing off?" The number of people ive seen working gens with traps on their head tells me theyre mostly useless without those add ons.

Number 2) the game IS balanced around solo, 4 good solo survivors are a handful for r1 killers. SWF at a high level breaks the game, its why only nurse and spirit can go to competitions and do just ok.

Stop filling the noobies head with bs

• STARS_truck

Her trap add ons are nonsense and need nerfed. The trap mechanic should be time wasting one but with these add ons it becomes excessive. The problem with people balancing things for SWF or Solo queue raises its head once again. Nobody cares about pig when they are with a decent team it's when you're with randoms that she becomes completely annoying/boring.

• Edgars_Raven

Its not a guarantee kill. Most survivors get their traps off well before they need to get to the 4th box. I run it all the time

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Every killer is "boring and unfair" to new players for one mechanic or another. But those are the killer's unique abilities. If newer players can't be bothered to learn the nuance's of the unique killer abilities than they probably should play a single player game.

You know what'll be truly boring? Having every killer being m1 with no reason to learn anything but running loops and tbagging.

• STARS_truck

Getting downed. Get an item put on your head. Arbitrary mechanic that can be modified significantly with no information communicated. Can't get it off because you get tunnelled by a bad killer. Great starting experience. It's something that only works on new players too. It's like people running sweaty skill check Doctor builds. Only works on new players that can't handle skill checks or console players with frame rate issues.

• voorheesgt

There is a certain wraith add-on combo that will guarantee a 3k... A certain spirit add-on combo that guarantee at least a 3k.

It's just like saying a bnp + Commodius box is unfair bc this add-on combo guarantees a done gen (unless you're just not good, then all add-on arguments are null🤤)

• voorheesgt
    edited July 2021

Don't waste time removing it! That's the idea. If you jump right back on a gen you deserve to die in the RBT manner. No decent pig player is going to waste the time camping you while you attempt to remove it. Otherwise they lose. They use the time you are busy by pressuring others. Even with tampered timer and annotated plan, you can ALWAYS remove traps if you don't jump on a gen then cry when your head splits.

P.s. traps don't even activate til a gen is done. Only players that wait to notice the timer is faster get killed. But just as I said; don't mess around it's anti gen-rush at best.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Then improve as a new player? Learn. Keep playing. Keep improving.

• tahilix
    tahilix Member Posts: 52

Also, lets not forget that timer ALREADY stops under certain conditions. Being in chase, on hook or downed. Adding Jigsaw Boxes to it would be like adding salt to wound.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

There's no real reason, to be honest. It's just that under normal circumstances, you don't need it to pause because you have enough time even if you have to search all 4 boxes. It's when certian add-ons and/or maps like Midwich, The Game and Mother's Dwelling come along that everything falls apart.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

It's probably unnecessary. I can understand how frustrating Pig is for new players, for which Pig brings everything to a standstill, but the greatest asset of the party hats is the fear they bring, and the best counter to that comes with just playing more and getting used to searching boxes efficiently.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Asking for Pig nerf unironically

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Nerfing Pig? Really...?

• XLuka8001
    XLuka8001 Member Posts: 36

No

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

And thats how Pigs loose the game. Because when you tunnle the one with the party hat than you are not using your power. The hat timer stops during a chase and as such the Pig will get nothing out of her power if she tunnels.

The only unfun thing about Pigs are her two monster add-ons. But even with those add-ons she will not tunnel as the add-ons are there to kill you with her Beartrap.

To be quiet honest: Pig is the least tunnel heavy Killer in the game by design.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

i was wondering when someone was going to bring up the fact the timer does in fact pause in a chase.