Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do most killers hate deadhard

IlliterateGenocide
IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

I always see people hating on it when in reality, would you rather go against a lithe,Sprint burst,balanced, or even smashhit over deadhard? Those other perks are wayyyy more annoying than deadhard and I'd rather go against a team of full deadhard over those anyday

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide

I don't have a problem with it usually and I agree it shouldn't be able to deadhard over traps, but other than that id rather fave any other exhaustion perk other than mabye headon

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Personally I hate it due to its ability to its strength combined with its flexibility.

If the survivor is in the open, it's fine. If they're on a loop it's just too strong and impossible to "bait out" as many tell killers to do.

Unless I'm doing a meme build, it's an irreplaceable perk for me.

• IlliterateGenocide

I can sorta see it but my gut sinks when a surv gets a lithe play and makes me either lose chase or extendes it even longer than deadhard would ever

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

People use to complain about the strongest perks and killers in the game.

Its natural, isn't it? (old DS, Spirit)

• IlliterateGenocide

Yeah I suppose, if they nerf everything people would complain about something, if every killer go buffed to be extremely balanced people would complain that there to weak even if there strong but not as strong as some , ect.

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

because it's press E to outplay

• IlliterateGenocide

Eh actually I think Sprint burst and lithe/balanced can dodge many of those but not without setup , I see ur point but I still can't say I hate desdhard

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

That's not true, because a dead hard without set-up is just going to net you 1-3 seconds tops.

• IlliterateGenocide

And when against deadhard it fails a good half time time , I get the hit with a lunge

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

Killers hate Dead Hard for largely the same reason that Survivors hate NOED.

• IlliterateGenocide

I play at rank 1 also, both sides I suppose certain perks are better or worse against certain players

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Dead hard isn't an issue. I mainly play Killer and I'll walk up on a Survivor and wait about 1-2 seconds to see if they Dead Hard before I bring them down. They either A) Don't have it or B) Do have it and I annotate it for the future. It gets a little agitating at times when they use it to correct their mistake but if they were making mistakes before, they're going to make them again. And I typically bring them down immediately after they use it anyways.

• IlliterateGenocide

I suppose tho I use both rarely myself so I can't say

• IlliterateGenocide

Yeah that's what I mean, the majority of the time deadhard does nothing but buy them 2-3 seconds, compared to twenty to thirty that Sprint or lithe can possibly buy

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Ranks are just a variable, out of like 50 or something that makes players hate a certain perk. The most common one IMO would be:

• How many times you encounter it a day & how many times it had a negative impact.

I have days, even weeks where I go against people with Dead Hard and see no problem, but I swear I'll have a day dedicated to being outplayed by Dead Hard in every match I play, up to a point where I despise the game & the perk itself.

• Clutch perk

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

But you're ignoring what I just said as well as others. Deadhard if you're in the middle of nowhere with no vaults or pallets nearby will only buy you 2-3 seconds. Deadhard utilized to reach a strong or near infinite loop, or at a good tile link location that good survivors know how to utilize, will run you anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute or 2.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

I hate it because makes survivors being so confident while injured, so they don't waste time healing, which means gens go brrrrrr.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Yes I would much rather go against SB lithe etc because I play a lot of killers with large miss penatlies like PH Blight Slinger. Sprintburst gives more distace but at least it isnt a make the killer miss their power for free card.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2021

Because it's an in-your-face repeatable second chance that has no real use except undoing a mistake in a game where killers have to capitalise on mistakes.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited July 2021

what I really hate about dead hard is the iframes.

Dead hard over a trap? K thanks iframes.

I throw a projectile knowing where their dead hard will end? I literally hit them but nope iframe triggered. Oh well.

"just bait it out"

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I always laugh when killers complain about DH. Imagine if it actually worked you survivors weren't exhausted on the ground 3-4 times a game.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 715
  • meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
  • justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

According to them it gives survivor not earned and unfair distance by just pressing e

However they absolutely love pop which gives them unfair and not earned advantage by just pressing m1

There you go

• entilted_but_balance
    entilted_but_balance Member Posts: 99

Allows them to play greedy, jail free card from mistake/outplay, extend the chase way more than it should

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

Maybe play the other role of the game and you will answer yourself.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I don't dislike it for those reasons I dislike it because it causes a drop of frames.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

Its the only exhaustion perk that doesn't require setup/any downside whatsoever to it. 'Be injured' is worlds apart from needing to find a ledge/a vault/etc. While the other exhaustion perks are better they all require a unique tile to be nearby or to only walk. Dead Hard is universal, it's not any stronger or weaker at any specific tile all you need is to be near enough to make a pallet/window from the distance.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I just hate the lag associated with it, both as killer and surv.

Overall I don't mind it. Annoys me less than Sprint Burst for sure.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I don't hate Dead Hard. Hell, if someone uses to dodge a hit, I shake my head at them in approval as I chase them down. It's impressive.

When used at a distance to extend a loop or make a vault, pallet, whatever, it's lame. I don't hate on it, but it deflates my bubble-butt fun balloon.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

i despise perks that give you value for just equipping them. every killer perk has some kind of requirement. exhaustion needs a rework along with keys, moris, and offerings.... just holding my breath till then.

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184

Depends where its used. If its in the open it buys 2-3 seconds. If used by a pallet it buys minimum 20 seconds against higher ranks. If used at various safe pallets or jungle gyms it buys them a lot more than 30 seconds.

• IlliterateGenocide

Well , stridor, but yeah the majority so have a requirement

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

I just don't like having a winning Chase denied by a Perk. You can counter Ruin and not have your Gen regress so you countered my Perk but i'll have to deal with your Dead Hard all match. Dead Hard requires the killer doing their job, you can get hit for Free and then have a Massive Help to deny the killer alot of chase time by either avoiding a second hit and prolonging chase or Dead Harding for Distance and prolong the chase much further.

Then there's latency issues, i hate facing Console players when i play killer, either PC or Console killer, because Console Dead Hard has always been weird looking and has delay. It's like they escape at the exact milisecond you're supposed to hit them or Survivor is exhausted on the ground, it's inconsistant, BHVR needs to find a solution, it's called Console Optimization but it's nowhere to be found over the last 3 years.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Finding, chasing and hooking then going to a gen? Pop is not a free perk... Go play some killer.

• BRPlagueMain123
    BRPlagueMain123 Member Posts: 8

Personally, the only thing I hate about dead hard is the invincibility mid-dash, because it allows the survivors to use it in many weird ways, like the classic DH over bear trap, or the DH past the killer, or the DH into wall or dropped pallet. I think it would be balanced if it just gives you some distance (maybe more than the actual), without being invincible, you would have to use it in a smart way to get some value, unlike today.

• Psycho_

USABLE 12 TIMES, POP OP! have to hook a survivor and kick a gen! OP PERKSLKSKHDHFDKHFKH

• Psycho_

nothing is more aggravating that someone running at you like a bull when you billy or blight and you have them dead to rights.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Yes, i would rather face those. Its the "press button to delete mistake" part that pisses me off the most. That and using it to prolong a loop. Its just annoying af

• IlliterateGenocide

I think they mean that currently it doesn't work for it's intended use the majority of the time, so people use it more for distance