Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do most killers hate deadhard

2»

Comments

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I don't agree. Dead Hard is worse than the other perks, because if you are using it, then the killer is about to get a hit and take you down, so, for killers, it prevents them from getting that hit that they want. The other perks could give a brief advantage, but when the killer gets close again, they will hit the survivor and take them down. I think it's more frustrating being denied the hit than just making the chase last a bit more.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Same reason why survivors hate Spirit. You think you've won a chase, then bam, it gets yanked from you, and failing dead hard is dependent on the survivor screwing it up. Also, the more effort a killer exerts to get a hit, the more Dead Hard for distance stings. Let me be clear. Dead Hard isn't the only exhaustion perk with little to no counterplay. It's just arguably the most obnoxious. Still use it when I'm survivor BTW.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Because it has no counter, it's a third health state every 40s if used correctly, which is extremely overpowered and you can have 4 of them per match.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

When I was newer to killer I just wanted it nerfed, now it’s hardly an issue. Survivors make it obvious when they have it on, I’ve learned to wait for it based off the signs

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

I don't think survivors should have a perk this strong. I-frames should not exist in this game, most importantly. Unlike other exhaustion perks, you're usually seeing this perk being used at the end of the chase and not the beginning like Lithe or Sprint Burst. So when you think you're about to down the survivor after an already-long chase, they get a dash and make it to the pallet/window which they normally wouldn't have gotten to. And even if you literally hit through them or you throw a hatchet directly on them, it won't connect. They're invincible because of the i-frames.

• Ruse_Cruise
    Ruse_Cruise Member Posts: 43

Cause it freezes my game and makes me lose chases and games

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

I would much rather go against any of those other perks, though sprint burst can also be very good for survivors. My main issue is the way the perk works and the fact that it always causes frame-drops and lag when survivors use it.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

That's what you do anyway sweetie you're saying it like you're doing those things for perk? What u named is whole killer purpose and ur main objective that rewards you with perk that give you advantage just like dead hard

• Drywatr
    Drywatr Member Posts: 135

Dead hard doesn't even work half the time and is incredibly easy to bait out on the killers end. I used to run it on my survivor but its definitely a wasted perk spot in red ranks

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851
  • Kryatin
    Kryatin Member Posts: 21

I don't personally have a problem with it conceptual-wise; I think it's fun that survivors have a dodge ability, and some of the wacky things that survivors can do with it make me laugh a lot.

However, in practice, I will say that I ######### despise dead hard for the invincibility frames it gives you. Survivors can just dead hard while standing against a wall that they ran into on accident because they weren't paying attention, not move anywhere, and still just take no damage.

That's really my only complaint; it shouldn't make you invincible; if you make a mistake and dead hard into a wall, or you dead hard too late, the killer shouldn't be punished for it.

Overall, I don't mind it as a perk, I think sprint burst is better, and I'm addicted to smash hit.

• Drywatr

Dead hard barely gives any distance and 99 percent of the time the user is going to get hit right after. As far as im concerned they can nerf it if they want because its useless in red ranks

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I can't say I agree with that , smashhit balanced , lithe and Sprint burst will probably get you 10-20 seconds on average depending on the map and potential longer

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I think they hate dead hard because they think they deserve the hit when it would've landed otherwise. They forget that dead hard does apply exhausted and we can't use it anytime we want.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

Killers hate dead hard because it's in your face.

DS is less painful because your kind of expecting it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

at least all of the listed perks have an activation requirement that allows you to expect and work around them.

Dead Hard is literally just "whenever you are in a bad situation, just press E and immediately outplay your opponent!"

its essentially a third healthstate for Survivors without any downsides.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

It almost always fails if you use it to directly dodge a hit instead of using it for distance, which is literally the first 'perk' of the perk it actually mentions, so was clearly always meant to be used for distance

and the same could be said for hex totems, killers do nothing but complain about how they're gone in seconds but constantly run them, especially back before ruin was changed, it was "totems never last more than 15 seconds" but was single handedly the most used perk for killers. When it works, it's good, that's why people run it.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Yes I would rather go against all of those perks instead of deadhard, im tired of playing killers that get absolutely bodied by mindless deadhards

dh over a trap

dh around a corner to dodge a hatchet

dh over a shock therapy attack (I hate that this one exists and no its not out of its over if you are mid deadhard the shock doesn't affect you)

dh away from an activated hag trap

theres more but the idea is that it can just be used to negate killer powers which is a terrible feeling, the other ones don't negate killer powers they can just make you miss but deadhard can both negate powers and make you miss which is even more annoying

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

if deadhard is a "wasted perk slot" and "doesn't work half the time" you haven't been against a 4 man that deadhards to every window/pallet. its the most frustrating sleeper thing to go against, but to each their own. not here to perk shame etc. you can't really believe it isnt busted af. that's crazy.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Dead Hard doesn't bother me most of the time. The situations where it does are mostly situations where the person's using it to be rude (e.g., pretending to let someone have a free hit at the exit gate and then using Dead Hard at the last second), or where the matchmaking is bad and it's already so hard to catch the survivor that having them Dead Hard is overkill.

• IlliterateGenocide

I definitely don't agree with them that it's a wasted perk slot, just that every other exhaustion perk other than headon is more annoying to deal with

• Drywatr

I've faced plenty of dead hard users in red ranks. Still get easy 2 or 3 kills if not all 4. Im sure for some killers like trapper for example that dh is hard to counter. But most of the killer roster shouldn't have too much problem against dead hard.

• IlliterateGenocide

Yeah I mean once or twice it has come in clutch for the opposite side, like I'd they deadhard to a hate and I whiff, but the majority of the time it not game changing like most people put it out to be

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I prefer they use deadhard relative to DS, or borrowed time. Or even unbreakable. The second chance perks are more annoying to me.

Obviously survivors can use whatever they want. I have no problems with it, I will bring the perks I want to as well.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I do not hate Dead Hard, i main killer but also play survivor just as much with friends.

I just wait it out for them to use Dead Hard.

sometimes it can save them in a tough situation where the survivor was and could’ve been in my hands and it’s worked for them getting out of the game and surviving or just escaping to another loop.

I don’t have issues with it I do use it for my survivors because I think it’s good when it works…. It doesn’t want to work half of the time with the frame drops and lags.

not so much on the ps5 but there has been a few stutters and especially on the PS4.

• IlliterateGenocide

If it actually worked for it's intended purpose I think people would be even more mad about it, currently deadharding doesn't actually work the majority of the time so of course people use it for distance

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88

I mostly play killer and I don't mind it

• Lunarknight
    Lunarknight Member Posts: 29

I just hate DH because when someone uses it or I use it lags very badly other than that I don't think it's a op perk just annoying one sometimes

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Yes and shouldn't a killer be rewarded for doing their objective, it takes time while Dead Hard is rewarding you for getting hit. You don't have to do anything to get Dead Hard available, stand there and get hit, now use Dead Hard. If you had picked Old Ruin as a Vs to Dead Hard then i'd agree with you but you picked Pop out of all Perks. Hell you could even pick Tinkerer or Discordance but you picked Pop..

• AlohaSnacBar
    AlohaSnacBar Member Posts: 64

I hate sprint burst more. Dh is to easy to bait, but sprint burst I just look at them run away and leave.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340

Disliking certain perks are not mutually exclusive. You can dislike both Sprint Burst and Dead Hard.

That being said, Killers find Dead Hard more frustrating because it is free. Sprint Burst you have to plan your movement prior to using it. I doubt people would complain about DH as much if there was any prep or thought involved with it.

For the record I am a Dead Hard stan, my only anchor perk as Survivor.

• Pop_Goes_The_Gen
    Pop_Goes_The_Gen Member Posts: 39

I don't hate it but I do thoroughly dislike it. As someone who plays trapper a lot dh can be so annoying if someone just dashes over my one way trap forcing me to walk in it myself to continue the chase and give them a lot of time or forces me to give up the chase because its not worth it.

Also on some maps like midwich ill always just stay upstairs to 3 gen and always trap the entrance to the room with a gen and only 1 entrance because it forces the survivors to disarm the trap to get to the gen. However with dead hard they can get to the gen unnoticed and since I didnt get the trap disarm notice I wont check on the gen leading to me losing the match.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Pop is same as tinkerer plus ruin that actually can get destroyed so not really

Pop is nothing but press m1 or whatever button u use t get advantage and you don't work for perk you work for your kills finding ppl downing them and hooking them is ur whole purpose stop acting like you do those things only for perk it takes nothing to get this perk but basic usuall killer gameplay also tinkerer like you said etc etc but ofc bitching about other party perks is a lot more fun I get it

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

2 reasons i think, first being because on some system this perk just make the game freeze for a second or two and it's incredibly annoying.

Second, which is probably the common reason is that it's a get out of jail free card for most loop in the game and extend chases that should be over by now.

This is a game about punishing mistakes for killers,and this one perk rewards survivors for making one.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If you have to ask why killers hate DH so much then you haven't played enough killer.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

It's hella annoying. It isn't particularly good (especially compared to other exhaustion perks), mind you, but it's tilting. Seeing a survivor in your reach manage to just slip out of your grasp is not a pretty sight, and it causes people to hate it for more than it's worth.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Free health state and it causes my game to lag like hell. So naturally, it really annoys me when I see people constantly running it, it turns my game into a slide show

• IlliterateGenocide
  • Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

The "just bait it bro" was as a counter to killers who say "just do bones" when people talked about noed or old ruin/undying.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Rank really doesn't mean anything except time played during that month. If you've played killer against sweaty try hard squads you would know DH is often used to gain distance. That little bit tends to be enough to reach a vault/pallet and extends the chase for another minute.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

Yes, it has to do with connection too because i like to wait until last minute so i can trick the killer but then they end up getting me down even if i press to use DH. so i do not know anymore, i know that some people are taking DH off until it is fixed... or at least working better.