Should dead hard get nerfed?

13»

Comments

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82

Because it's a good perk? Just because every survivor uses a perk doesn't mean it's overpowered, same with the same perks that almost every killer uses (BBQ is used by almost everyone and that's not overpowered)

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759

I'd say there are more perks that need buffs at this point as opposed to nerfs.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Sprint Burst, Lithe, Balanced Landing and Smash Hit all get you to the exact same loop, pallet or window and they get you to it 2 seconds faster.

Dead Hard isn't doing something that another exhaustion perk doesn't do except for the i-frames and it's 2 seconds shorter.

What you should do is play survivor with Dead Hard for 2 weeks, only. Then play survivor with Sprint Burst for 2 weeks, only. You have this fantasy that Dead Hard is OP and it isn't, because all you see is a completely killer sided perspective. Once you play Dead Hard and compare it to Sprint Burst, you'll see that they're pretty much equal (And will most likely see that Sprint Burst is just better).

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
  • Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162

I hate DH : we should nerf it because many survivors play it => ok

But so : we should nerf ruins because many killers play it ?

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I've been changing my opinion more and more on dead hard. I love the perk as survivor and can add some extra time by extending loops and pallets but it does get a little too much when survivors don't heal because they can DH to a safe pallet or all 4 are using it. It does need a bit of a nerf idk how they could pull it off tbh maybe reduce the distance or shorten invisibility frames?Idk.

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181

Why don't we just make a list of everything people want nerfed for the survivors. Then we will go from there because everyday its something new. By the end of all this they need to just rename the game from dead by daylight to just dead because at this point we won't have any perks left to even defend ourselves with. Killers can just win 4k all the time and you risk your own sanity even playing survivor. Only reason to play would be to end up with crippling depression because you will lose everytime.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Imagine if cope de grace could be triggered every 40s when not in chase that's almost a free hit at most tiles sounds fair right

• onemind

Not chase them go after the closest person projectiles speed killers traps

• onemind

Hop off when you hear a heart beat against stealth idk

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,419

Except they don't.

Sprint burst only is useable at the start of t he chase. Again, it's strength is getting you out of a dead zone and to a loop. Additionally it has an actual downside.

Lithe automatically activates when vaulting something, this means you can't do perfectly efficient loops without dropping pallets anymore. Additionally, once i know a survivor has it, it becomes clear that they WANT to go for a window, so instead of trying to chase them, or do a fake, you KNOW they want that window, so you fake going one way and as they go through the window, you can often hit them.

Balanced Landing can only be used in a small amount of places on each map, and, like lithe, it is obvious as hell when you are about to use it. Hills are terrible normally, so if a survivor is going for a hill i can expect it. Additionally like lithe, once i know a survivor has it, i can play around it, i can just NOT chase the survivor in an area near a hill, for example.

Smash hit requires a pallet stun, which, unless the pallet is really unsafe, is already a chase ender because you usually need to stop to break the pallet. This means that if they use it, i just break the pallet and start chasing someone else.

• bongu
    bongu Member Posts: 11

yeah, it should be nerfed.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

Honestly man I run a lot of meme builds as survivor but if I run any memes with Dh its the only perk I need. Its basically 2 perks in 1, a dash with Iframes. I dunno why no one ever focused on this perk more but people decided OoO was the better perk to rework/nerf cause bully squads would use it sometimes? This Perk eithers need give you a small dash or iframes it shouldnt do both.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

It needs to be fixed not nerfed 10-11 times you will exhausted on the floor

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

My proposed change for DH

Have it work like an actual dodge, increase the distance gained slightly, but remove I-frames. This would make the perk arguably better in dead zones for reaching the next loop, but reduce the amount it can be relied upon to just get invincibility.

imo the frustrating things about DH from a killer pov is whiffing hits that should connect, and when survivors will stand still/facing a wall. or running towards the killer and phasing through them. It would still work to increase the number of loops you can do, but would force survivors to actually think about where its used.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

I just want them to do something about the whiplash-inducing "aim dressing" or whatever it is that causes me to swivel 180° when survivors dead hard through me.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited July 2021

When playing deathslinger I baited out their dead hard by shooting at where I predicted their dead hard would end.

Only to ######### hit an iframe that's so stupid I literally touched them, they didn't dodge my attack. at least give them mending or something, holy #########

• Lord_Tony

I hate that so much I missed plenty of attacks because of that and it ######### up my movement

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

No.

• Lord_Tony

It's a 1 meter dash WITH iframes.

ranged killers can't even counter this ######### because of the iframes.

• Lord_Tony

they should rework cope de grace into a dead hard perk but for killers.

Imagine every survivor complaining how it's OP but it's literally just dead hard.

• onemind

Idk if this would be better or worse but I'm ok with it it's better for distance but is8sn5 the mistake erasers anymore

• onemind
  • Munqaxus

By your reasoning every exhaustion perk should be nerfed. They all do something the other ones don't.

In certain situations Sprint Burst out-shines all the other exhaustion perks, so does Dead Hard, Smash Hit, Lithe and Balanced Landing.

Dead Hard never out-shines any of the other exhaustion perks all the time. It's balanced and you haven't presented an argument yet to justify it being nerfed.

Here are you arguments for nerfing and the counter arguments.

• It gives you 1 second of extra chase time - Other exhaustion perks give you 2 to 3 seconds.
    • It gives you extra chase time after the first hit - So does Lithe, Balanced Landed and Smash Hit.
    • In very specific situations it out-performs other exhaustion perks - So does every other exhaustion perk.
  • TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,472
    edited July 2021

Just make it so that dead hard doesnt grant invincibility frames anymore as 9/10 people are gonna use it for distance anyways.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

you're then saying bbq and chilli is op and needs nerf because all killers use it?

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

No ones gonna see this cause its so far in, but perhaps it should be reworked to provide no speed boost/dash, but rather a small period of invulnerability that, if it successfully causes the killer to whiff, makes the miss cooldown longer. This removes the DH for distance, rewards for dodging better, and allows a useless perk (unrelenting) to actually have a use in counterplay.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021

First of all the grind sucks and people use BBQ because of the BP alone. I've seen BBQ on pyramid heads despite the fact they RARELY get a hook because they just use the cage instead.

Second of all BBQ is countered by lockers or being within TR

What counter does dead hard have? "just bait it out"

If they removed the BP bonus from BBQ no one would use it for the aura reading because there are better options out there. It's mainly used for the BP bonus and if the aura was removed but they kept the BP bonus also no one would use it because now it's just a wasted perk slot.

People would end up using distressing instead for the BP bonus plus it makes your TR so large survivors actually have a harder time telling where you are.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

No at all.

Both sider here.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Dead hard is fine, plenty of killers have a means to deal with it. Do I care if I'm playing someone like phead, huntess, slinger etc? Not really, because either they vault and get hit in animation lock or don't vault post dead hard and still get hit. Unfortunately there's too many short sighted people in this thread who don't realise how miserable 4 sprint bursts on an optimal team can be, especially if you aren't playing a mobility killer.

• Munqaxus

Lithe, Balanced Landing and Smash Hit don't have counters either. So "not having a counter" is not a valid reason to nerf a perk.

You have to show that Dead Hard is outperforming other endurance perks in extending chases.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

My thoughts exactly. I’ve said it so many times before. As long as BL exists there is no argument to be had about DH.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

Overperforming does not mean its used a lot, in which case many killer perks and add ons need to be nerfed. Overperforming means that when it is used it drastically increases the survival rate for survivor and the kill rate for killer. E.G. second version Fredster was overperforming because of his kit. Ghostface and Huntress are popular killers but they are not oppressive or racking up significantly higher numbers than any other killers, therefore no nerf.

• Munqaxus

Agreed, all the people wanting Dead Hard nerfed have yet to present any data showing Dead Hard is extending chases more than the other exhaustion perks.

It's all tied back to a few entitled vocal killers on these forums wanting to go against survivors without arms and legs.