Post-Game Chat Filter. What are your thoughts?

Options
Eynox
Eynox Member Posts: 86
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I tried to tell a person who's name is Yu-Gi good game. The chat filter bleeped her name out.

so it came out A: ###### good game.

What do you guys think of the chat filter? It's designed to bleep out potentially offensive comments, not words but it works with "contextual speech" I personally hate it, and it's killing the end game chat for me. I like the post game chat, consisting of ggs,, strats and potential banter.

Comments

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    Options

Not really a big fan of it either. Behavior's kind of being big brother with that. Censoring everything.

• Eynox
    Options

I think they want their community to not be toxic. The reality is in my opinion.. any time you have a competitive game there will be chill ppl and also toxics. I don't think making everyone silent is the solution, it's an 18+ game we're big boys.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,982
    Options

The censoring is nice, sometimes it censors too much.

• Eynox
    Options

I personally think it does more harm than good. With that being said this game's community is WAY less toxic than most, for example I quit playign league simply because that community is extremely toxic to the point where it's offensive, racial and they do nothing about it.

So I'm not sure... I think if they directed this censoring thing to target anything that could be Racist, sexist ect. that would be useful.. but not banning random words like yu-gi or insta

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited July 2021
    Options

I want option to disable it, because it sometimes filter really stupid things.

For example, you can't say: "I killed him" in a killer game...

• McFALLENONE
    McFALLENONE Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2021
    Options

ab

Post edited by McFALLENONE on