Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How to Backup Progress

Pr0p3r9
Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

I believed that the error that causes progress to be lost had been fixed, but I recently came upon a thread (which I've since lost) where the OP claimed that their friend lost a large amount of progress on their characters and could not get it back. The OP of that thread suggested taking screenshots of the killers' levels, but I remembered back to when I was brand new to the game and this bug was still pretty notorious.

I remembered that there's a file somewhere that records character levels and perk progression, and that--at the time--it was common practice to save that file elsewhere as proof for a data loss. What file is that, and would submitting that file still be considered valid evidence if progression was lost?

Best Answer

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003
    Answer ✓

AFAIK, the old method of backing up no longer works. The game used to rely on a file under Steam/userdata/(yournumber)/381210, and keep going from there... But after dedicated serves, I don't think the game uses that file at all. All saves are held with BHVR now.

I've had the same concern about all the reports of progression loss going around lately, but, frustratingly, I don't think there's anything we can do about it.