Blight is fun - Unless you're going against the same build 50 times with no stop & Sweat Lords...

2»

Comments

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388
    edited July 2021

Taking notes from this thread: I have to play more spirit...people prefer it, got it. About time, haven't played her in almost two years. Thx buddies!

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The only thing about Blight I dislike is when people use that bs J-flick or whatever it's being called now. There is a reason Blight isn't meant to flick 180 degress and hit you behind a corner...

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

Preach! The Killer’s pain! I hate this sooo much. Even when you play well survivors run the sweaty win builds and you get entity displeased anyway.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

You'd probably see more builds if Blight's power worked with stuff like Exposed effects although I will admit he'd probably be overpowered in that case because insane mobility with exposed would be busted and you'd have to tone something down on him.

Right now his mobility is so good that his basic swing in the power is just complimented so much by his generic build. He also can defend Hex perks quite effectively. It's not really worth it to run other builds on him like let's say Surge because most of the time you won't proc it.

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143

Spirit, nurse, wraith all have insane mobility and their m1's during their power work with basic hit perks like surge/exposed.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

So what are killers meant to do throw the match for you?

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

Yes. All you need is Streetwise, a powerful toolbox, and Prove Thyself. A generator gets done in like 20 seconds with charges left in the box. I swear. I did this as Solo whenever I doubled up on a gen. So imagine everyone on comms. “The killer is on me! Double up on that gen!” every time the killer engages a chase. Which is why my Clown Main only runs the OP add ons to bully SWFs and Sweaters. 😂

The only REAL way to balance DbD is to remove 4 man groups. Allow maybe 2 man duos. 4 people on comms is too much no matter how good/bad the killer/player is. Comms renders totems and Undetectable useless. Which is really good against randoms, or people unfamiliar with the game.

I don’t take the streamers as serious because many times they fight their own followers so there’s a bias. In their chats their followers will literally type “The Kate you got was me!” *Smiley Face*. Then you notice during the streams that these survivor players don’t juke/spin, but run in obvious patterns even after being hit. The streamer killer will chase someone for like 2+ MINUTES, and not a single generator pings. Survivors do terribly bad saves every match. Whereas when I or others plays it’s the exact opposite 90% of matches. Long story short there’s far less incentive for them to be sweaty/toxic, but to have fun with their entire fanbase.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Ahh thanks for educating me. But I think ip bans would be more appropriate :D

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited July 2021

Honestly that applies to both Killers and survivors...dbd players seem to hate build variety.

But yeah i agree that it is incredibly boring after awhile.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

some people just cant accept that this isnt an competetive game and that sucks the fun out of it.

competetive DbD is one of the most unfun experiences on this planet, Blight is just one little symptom of that.

• MrCrazyCat62
    MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 168

As if survivors don't choose the same meta perks. So many games with borrowed time or dead hard etc.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Well you can mock me all you want, i don't care much :) But honestly in solo Q, you see no one working as a team against the Ruin/Undying Combo. I don't mind it on regular speed killers, but high mobility one, that combo become a crutch and is hardly eliminated.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Playing off-meta Killers is fun - Unless you're going against the same Survivor build 50 times with no stop & sweat lords!

☝️

The real reason Killers don't go off-meta often.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited July 2021

Maybe ? but it's not your problem until we are playing in the same team i guess :)

• MrGimmsYouTube
    MrGimmsYouTube Member Posts: 47

No you are just unreasonable and don't understand that KILLERS will bring in what's good.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

People bringing meta because people want to win. Thats all. Dont get mad because someone brought the build that gives them the best shot. Survivors do it too. Some perks synergize so well with a killers power that youre just putting yourself at a disadvantage not bringing them. Like infectious on Oni. Its insanely good. Any Oni that is trying to win will have Infectious most likely. Just like every survivor runs 2-4 meta perks every game. Yeah it sucks to see the same build all the time but its the best. And you can thank all the survivor sweat squads for killers running full meta, you try to have a meme build and its full meta survivors with 5 minute all gens done. This is why killers bring so much regression.