Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

See Other Survivors Perks in Lobby

TwitchyMike
TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

This would be amazing especially for Solo Survivors. While in lobby survivors should be able to see next to their name the perks they have equipped. As well as items and addons. I really don't see why this would be hard to do.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

As long as you can toggle to show your gear or not.

I don't wanna be lobby-dodged into oblivion because i wanna try an Injured build with No Mither.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

As a mettle of man user I’d say no. I would be lobby dodged to oblivion

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

never having to play with an urban evasion self-care player sounds like heaven, but this will never be implemented due to lobby dodging. I would lobby dodge every urban evading self-caring player.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Toggle your ability to hide your perks and it solves all potential problems

I want to signal that I have resilience so Claudette doesn't obsessively force me into crouch to heal me repeatedly

I want to signal that I have Deliverance so my teammates don't have to rush to unhook me

I want to signal that I have Better Together so my teammates aren't afraid of the highlighted gen being Trail of Torment or something

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

This would be a great QoL upgrade that would improve solo survivor play, and one of the things I've suggested for solo many times.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

I kind of wish the entire match was transparent. Map, Killer, perks, addons, the whole nine yards. If you lobby dodge throw a penalty timer and reinsert that person at the bottom of the queue.

DC's happen now because people don't want to play something, a map, or a killer, let's save us all the aggravation of the early dc's and let the matches get formed with this information clearly stated.

BHVR would get a very clear picture of the the things that players don't think are fun. If people constantly lobby dodge spirit, then they would NEED to look at finding away to make spirit fun.

Spirit players might choose more fun builds to encourage people to avoid lobby dodge.

Same thing goes for killers dodging 4 man squads with second chance meta perks stacked to the sky. Survivors might never get a match with that loadout and would need to consider adding some fun stuff.

I have no delusions of this ever happening, but i bet it would be a net positive.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

I think they do this on mobile?

And for everyone talking about lobby dodging, I'd rather have survivors be able to lobby dodge someone with garbage perks than have them throw in game because they don't like how someone is playing.

If anything, they should add an in-game feature on the menu that shows survivor perks to other survivors (not cluttering up the UI, just when you press escape to see the map/survivor names/ping). I'd be happy with that even if they didn't let me see in the pregame lobby.

• cburton311

But aren't hard counters problematic for fun anyway? I think this would just reveal bad design decisions quicker and force BHVR to do a better job.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Perks aside, there's some killers whose early game is very reliant on the survivors not knowing who the killer is. All stealth killers want the element of surprise - Myers needs unalert survivors to get out of T1 and Ghostface gets his easiest stalks in the entire match at the start, especially if he's 99ing. Legion wants to find survivors grouped up at their first gen before they learn to split up. Deathslinger also likes to sneak up on people before they have much chance to react.

It'd be pretty obnoxious having survivors and killers countering each others' perks before the match begins. There are many perks that are less effective when the other side knows you do or don't have them - DS/BT/Unbreakable, Power Struggle, Dead Hard, Deception, Diversion, Discordance, Tinkerer, Haunted Ground, so on. Hell, even meme builds like Flip-Flop/Breakout/Saboteur are less effective if the killer knows you're running it - same with Agitation/Mad Grit/Starstruck. Then you'd have back-and-forths; Lethal Pursuer leads to everyone equipping Distortion leads to the killer unequipping Lethal Pursuer. Survivors would always bring totem-finding perks if the killer has hexes and unequip them if they don't. There'd never be any less-than-optimal perk slots. Total transparency would suck.

As for the topic itself, I mostly like the idea, but players using No Mither would get lobby dodged to hell. Survivors doing Power Moves might also have trouble finding lobbies.

• cburton311

Your argument basically points to how things are now, and precludes the possibility that things could have better designs. I think all your points have some merit, but, the problems that they highlight exist whether the survivors know about the matchup or not. It just becomes random whether the match feels hopeless and therefore there are more DC's.

Yes, if you changed the information pregame, there would need to be different approaches to balance of items, addons, perks, and killer abilities to maintain the balance between sides.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

This

Or lobby-dodged because using selfcure, urban evasion, meme builds, etc.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

fine by me honestly. i hope the door doesnt hit them on the way out

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157

On the mobile version you can see everyone's perks and items. I've always wondered why They have not implemented that on PC and console.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

The best way to do this is to require a shared pool of perks for any survivors in a SWF. They can view which perks the others in the SWF have but solo survivors can not see anyone's perks. This would even the playing field of SWF and increase the diversity of perks. Its a win-win.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I would say no. I want to be randomized without seeing perks.

• TwitchyMike

I guess I could see Lobby Dodging. Only way to counteract that is to add a penalty time for leaving lobby's.

I mean I guess from a non sweat standpoint I might just ask the lobby if they are trying something out or have another perk etc etc. I guess it doesn't matter too much in the end. Just would be nice. I might not run a perk that doesn't stack with the rest of the group. At the end of the day SWF will always trump solo survivors and this would be a way for solo survivors to at least have some knowledge of the players they are dealing with on their team.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699
    edited July 2021

No..I think the idea of seeing other survivors perks is a horrible one

• TwitchyMike

Than what they need to do is a casual play matchmaking and ranked. And in ranked you see your fellow survivors perks in the main lobby and in the loading screen. And the killer obviously wouldn't see their perks. And vise versa. No my idea is survivors see each others perks only. Period.

Casual play is without seeing perks.

Ranked is seeing other players perks.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

Yeah and i think thats bad because it takes away from the core game of solo which is 'how would people randomly paired up together work together in a effort to survive"? SWF is swf and they know eachothers perks 95% of the time so let that stay separate from the i gotta know all perspective because honestly on a personal standpoint that would greatly kill the games fun factor for me. Its bad enough that games are dumbed down for this generation of gamers/players so i feel the game should stay the same in regards to this.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219
    edited July 2021

So, if i am in a lobby, and my daughter wakes up, you rather want me to be afk in your game instead of leaving that lobby? Because i am going to take care of my daughter anyway, but depending on the length of the lobby penalty and whatever or not it is stackable i am sure just stay in.

Just want to be clear that this is the solution you are looking for.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

I like the idea, I shouldn't be forced to play with someone running self-care and urban evasion if I don't want to...

• TwitchyMike

Ya I guess that makes sense. I mean your organized SWF team may or may not communicate what perks they're running. I mean I got 2 guys I play with and we try to coordinate a little bit with our perks. It was just an idea that came across my mind this morning.

• TwitchyMike
    edited July 2021

No what I am saying is if you were to leave the lobby for what ever reason... In this case because you didn't like someone's perk you'd receive a penalty. For idk I'd say a weak penalty. Not enough to scare people to doing it but just enough to where it's more annoying. Say like 60 seconds. But I would suggest this for just ranked mode if they ever did one.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I strongly advocate for this. Even if you don't like someone else's build, "knowledge is power." "Knowing is half the battle." I want to have an idea of how my teammates might be playing, how I can work with and around their perks, etc. etc.

How they implement it in DbD Mobile is that you see the item, add-ons, and perks of your fellow survivors - as well as all of their rarities - in the pre-game lobby. You can only leave if it hasn't found four survivors and a killer, but it usually matches you up quick - so you better be ready to go. But yeah if I see someone with a totally immersed build that screams 'I am waiting for you all to die for hatch', guess who's not getting saved from a camping killer? And if I hadn't been able to see their build pre-game lobby, I wouldn't be able to make such an informed decision. Solo survivors deserve this quality of life change.

I'd also add to let them see each other's selected offerings, so that they don't conflict them unnecessarily.

• TwitchyMike

I thank you for your opinion. I really like your thoughts on this! Ya My idea exactly is to help gain knowledge on the situation. It wouldn't be soo far fetched for survivors to communicate their strengths and weaknesses to each other.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I dunno what the disagreement is all about because I support this IMMENSELY as a solo player who uses gimmick builds on almost every Survivor I play. Plus, being able to see my teammates' perks would be super helpful if I need to change my build to complement those of my teammates.

As it's under hefty discussion at the moment, I don't think people will dodge just because their teammates are running meme builds. Even the people who run all second chance perks will DC on first down, never look behind themselves, etc. while those who run gimmick builds could very well be Navy Seals or Superman. You never know. Either way, I think the pros far outweigh the cons in this change. People who would dodge just because of the perks their teammates are running would probably be bad teammates on their own if they can't handle a bit of diversity.