Grave Of Glendale/Dead Dawg Saloon is an unbalanced broken map.

Tigerwave
Tigerwave Member Posts: 34
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Dead Dawg Saloon is unbalanced and is almost impossible for killers to lose on. This map should get a re-work to be less killer favoured.

Issues with the map:

.To small the outskirts of the map have nothing there causing the map to be really small and almost like a giant genlock

.Killer shack is useless due to the breakable wall there

.Gens are to close to eachother

.Not many strong pallets or loops at all especially if the killer breaks the right walls

this map needs to be more balanced for survivors by fixing the issues stated above. I have never lost a game on Dead dawg before playing killer.

Post edited by Tigerwave on

Comments

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I don't mind the map as either survivor or killer tbh. I lost and won as both roles. I actually like the map.

• GhostSkeleton
    GhostSkeleton Member Posts: 14

Dead dawg is one of those maps that has a unique atmosphere and one of the first day time maps before the cold wind rework.

But then again the map is kinda unbalanced and someone who used to be a big killer main and phasing back into the game. Dead dawg has always been an instant win for me I have yet to have a loss on that map no matter the killer + the lack of pallets and most of the map being clear makes it easy to spot survivors.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

I thought you were gonna go the other way tbh. Dead Dawg usually goes under the radar but it can be very survivor sided sometimes.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,398

If survivors rush the saloon gen first, then yeah it becomes pretty killer sided.

But as long as survivors work on the other gens and save the saloon and gallows gen last, then it's not hard for survivors to win. Not to mention there are gens that can spawn on the 2nd floor of the various buildings as well which are harder to defend as well.

Also a lot of the loops (such as shack) only get weaker if the killer breaks the wall in the first place. So these tiles are strong at the start of the game where survivors can easily buy time to finish the gens easiest for the killer to defend. And even when the walls do get broken, the tiles can be still chain together with the window vaults. Survivors can easily buy time in chase if they play the tiles correctly.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

No way balanced landing is OP on that map, there are so many loops where you can force the killer to break walls or just leave you all together because the gens are gonna pop if they stay committed, also there's one wall that will cost you the whole game if you break it , the only gripe survivor wise I have about that map is the dead zone on the side of gallows that always is there.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Saloon building is strong tho. Dunno why don't people mention it when talking about the map. Especially if the gen is already finished there you can use it to waste killers time and most of them won't even follow you in there because of how confusing it can be.

I always use that building more than other loops when chased by the killer. Even when the walls are destroyed.

It is a weird place.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

I don't know if I'd agree. Saloon has an abundance of platform gens, usually 3 at the bare minimum, that are very hard for most killers to defend. The killer also has to spend time breaking walls in order to make the main building not an infinite - and breaking the shack wall does nothing to prevent the strength of the pallet. This means it is VERY easy to do gens unhindered on Saloon. It also is an amazing map for stealthing due to the bushes and general colour pallet, and gens are pretty spread out across the entirety of the map, albeit small. A majority of the tiles on the map can also be chained together very well, especially near the upper area. The only real "deadzones" on the map is the bottom area with the cacti at the end of the road and the middle of the road itself - but there's lots of tiles to run to scattered around the sides of the road, weak or strong.

Plus, unlike autohaven, there are actually some tiles at the edges of the map, depending on which side we're talking about. Heck, at least 2 gens spawn in the corner of the map next to unremarkable tiles.

I wouldn't say it's killer sided to the point of needing a rework. It has its strengths and weaknesses for both sides - small size and no god pallets for killer, and difficult-to-defend gens and fantastic stealth options for survivor. It's more killer favoured than survivor favoured, overall, but saying that killers can't lose on this map is ridiculous. Have fun defending the saloon and gallows gens in the late game.

• Matieusz
    Matieusz Member Posts: 12

dead dawg is kinda killer sided but as a good survivor against maybe not a spirit or nurse it's still winnable, if they would buff dead deag for survivors nerf haddon field and we have a deal

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910
    edited July 2021

I don't feel like this is a common opinion, but Dead Dawg is my favorite map to date. The graphics for starters are insanely well done, but that's not why I love it. I love it because it's dynamic, it changes drastically over the round. It can begin favoring survivors, but any oppressive killer can shift that quickly. And for stealth killers, there's a lot of coverage/obscured area. Main issue IMO is probably the bushes. Claudettes THRIVE on Dead Dawg

Also, it feels like the perfect size for a map. Dunno why, but it feels like that.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited July 2021

As a survivor there are reasons I really like this map.

1. I find totems easy to find.
    2. Gens are hard to reach
    3. I can see the killer from quite a distance.
    4. I can get to a teammate's aid or gen close to repair quickly
    5. Bushes