The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

RCPD... where's the gameplay?

BrodieDBD
BrodieDBD Member Posts: 125
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I've played on the new map quite a few times now and I'm just confused on how this map was agreed on to be fun for dbd gameplay. The map is huge, and there are so many rooms with nothing in them, and long corridors that force very linear gameplay. There are a couple of decent loops but most of them are unsafe pallets or randomly placed windows. I've found shift W to be pretty strong on this map but it really isn't too interesting, for both sides.

Maybe knock down some walls and create some better loops, and as others have suggested - split the map into 2, with each side being it's own map?

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

As a diehard RE fan, I just like being able to run around the RPD.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

Maybe play with more caution so you are in a better place when you need to run and learn the map. My largest obstacle with the map has been body blocking teammates when I'm being chased. Leave me the choice of vaulting at the killer or dropping because a meg won't move from the pallet .

Other survivors are a bigger threat to escape than anything the entity can do.

• patriotsteeler05
    patriotsteeler05 Member Posts: 13

I will agree that their are a lot of unsafe pallets for survivor and for killer finding survivors can be rough but it helps to learn the layout of the map I watched this 30 minute video by dyllonkg about the layout of the map and it helped so much and I have never played re 2

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

The problem is that its a licensed map. BHVR probably have very little creative control over what they can change in it in order to adapt it to DBD. I assume they even had to get the entity corruption changes approved to it.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100

They totally should have drawn the map from the first village area of RE4, that would have been a solid map and it would have made it so all 4 of the non controversial games were represented,

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207

Agreed that at the very least, it needs splitting into two. Either top floor and bottom floor, or the east wing and west wing. Either way, it's too big at the moment. Couple that with it being terrible to navigate, and it's just not a fun map.

See that survivor on a gen on the opposite end of the map with BBQ? Yeah, you're not getting to that before it pops. Hear a survivor on the floor below? Good luck finding stairs or a drop. Hook in front of you been sabotaged? Odds are you won't be getting to another one. And don't get me started on the god pallets in the halls or the infinite in the east office downstairs.

And it's just as bad for survivor. Run to the wrong room and you can literally be in a dead end. Want to find a gen without Deja Vu or Visionary, or a totem without a map? Good luck with that. Want to escape the basement vs a Hag or any killer who can get back there quickly? Not gonna happen.

I'd love to know what was going through the devs' heads when they thought this was a good map. It's not fun for either side to play, and I'd happily take the 5 minute DC penalty (when it's back on) than play on RPD.

God help us when the offering is re-enabled.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Maybe its just the RE fan in me, but i can't bring myself to hate the map. Theres so many intricate details and the atmosphere is so intoxicating that gameplay just goes out the window for me. I can get why people dislike playing the map, but i think its a marvel to explore.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

Imo, it will be a The Game 2.0.

We have to learn the map first, and it's a complicated one above all, so time to know how to navigate through will be necessary.

Also, this is a good passive buff to WoO, it's a decent perk, and with a new map, it's a wise decision to pick it until you know the map